Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free!

36 67.92%
  • $1.99

17 32.08%
+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMetro: Windows 8 on the iPad! [WIP]

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by linkandzelda Well, time for another update. I finished the "charms" menu (does anyone know why its called charms?) which is the black bar on the side of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New update.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    Well, time for another update. I finished the "charms" menu (does anyone know why its called charms?) which is the black bar on the side of the screen in Windows 8. On it is 3 options; Search which opens the Google Search app. Apps which opens the new All App view. And settings which opens the Settings app. This also includes the clock on the bottom right corner.
    The All App view on windows scrolls to the left and right, but due to interface designs I decided to have the iMetro All App view scroll up and down. And of course, everything is animated xD

Here is a video of the new features in action.

Next up, more Live Tiles such as Email, Facebook, RSS and Weather!
    Awesome theme. Love it. Is the download link updated for the charms and all app sections or will you do that in a beta 5?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makproductions06 View Post
    Awesome theme. Love it. Is the download link updated for the charms and all app sections or will you do that in a beta 5?
    I'll release the latest when there are a few more features available. Not sure exactly when though but soon.
    My Themes:
    iMetro 8: Windows 8 on the iPad! Beta 7 released!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (02-14-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Awesome.
    I'll release the latest when there are a few more features available. Not sure exactly when though but soon.
    I am starting to make my out icons for the apps that i have, not sure if you would be interested in taking a look at them and if they are good, using them or making them available for others to get along with the beta. I would be designing them in the style metro of course.

All in all. Great theme. Love it, will be watching out for the next update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am starting to make my out icons for the apps that i have, not sure if you would be interested in taking a look at them and if they are good, using them or making them available for others to get along with the beta. I would be designing them in the style metro of course.

All in all. Great theme. Love it, will be watching out for the next update.
    Sounds good to me All icons are welcome, I can add them into the release if they work well
    My Themes:

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,069 Posts

nice! looking forward to the new features...always wanted something like this on my ipad...live tiles would be awesome!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well then, time for yet another update! iMetro Update 6: Live Twitter and Facebook Tiles!

The Twitter tile will read from your News Feed. This is the list of people that you are following so it acts like a real news feed! It also shows the avatar of the person that tweeted, and has epic slide animations. Facebook tile reads from your own notifications as thats the only information Facebook allow you to retrieve, as far as I know. If anyone knows how to get Photos and News Feed for Facebook then please, do kindly let me know.
    My Themes:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (02-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow nice progress, Im using and loving the theme, i can't wait for the new features plus animations, great work keep it up!

any eta on the next beta?

Thanks

This is really an outstanding job you've done. Are you planning on allowing the theme to be flipped the other way (i.e. to use with a Smart Cover), or is there a way to do this?
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with the above post. Would love to be able to flip this.
    Last edited by mattsop; 02-14-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks

@Linkandzelda I see my name is featured in one of the videos.
    HA HA HA! The iMetro Update 6 Live Twitter @ Facebook tile.

Seems to be going well this theme of yours.
    Come on MSN later I have some questions to ask.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrPibb View Post
    Wow nice progress, Im using and loving the theme, i can't wait for the new features plus animations, great work keep it up!

any eta on the next beta?
    ETA on the next beta is most likely when all the Live Tiles are completed. But again, not 100% sure on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    This is really an outstanding job you've done. Are you planning on allowing the theme to be flipped the other way (i.e. to use with a Smart Cover), or is there a way to do this?
    Funny you should say that, 2 days ago I used the theme 'in the field' for the first time. Means I used it for everyday use and noticed it can't be flipped to lay on the smart cover. I built it while it was suing the smart cover the other way round lol.

Of course, due to this the theme will be flippable in the near future using the Charms menu.

Quote Originally Posted by zrob2012 View Post
    @Linkandzelda I see my name is featured in one of the videos.
    HA HA HA! The iMetro Update 6 Live Twitter @ Facebook tile.

Seems to be going well this theme of yours.
    Come on MSN later I have some questions to ask.
    Haha yep indeed!

Well, I was supposed to post this at the same time as the last vid, but I forgot! Here it is Update 6.5: Live Email Tile!

This is one of my favourite tiles yet! It brings in all your latest Emails with beautiful animations! If you didn't spot it I also added a small animation to the Facebook tile, as well as a startup animation for them.

Calendar, Weather and Flipboard Live Tiles left to go now!
    My Themes:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to linkandzelda For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (02-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Icons
    Hey, awesome update. I've been plowing thru my icons and they are looking pretty sweet. Is there going to be an option where you can set it as a small title or large title. Some of my icons are large titles but i can't quite figure out how to make them large. I have sifted thru the plist and figure out how to change out the large ones with other apps just I don't know how to move the large title areas and add new ones. Don't know if you could point me in the right direction. thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sucess!!!!!
    Hey, awesome update. I've been plowing thru my icons and they are looking pretty sweet. Is there going to be an option where you can set it as a small title or large title. Some of my icons are large titles but i can't quite figure out how to make them large. I have sifted thru the plist and figure out how to change out the large ones with other apps just I don't know how to move the large title areas and add new ones. Don't know if you could point me in the right direction. thanks!
    I got it. Nvm.

Thanks

I got it. Nvm.
    Would you mind posting your icons? I've been searching the other metro threads for iPhone and os7 threads for icons and have been making some but I'd like to see what you've come up with.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didn't want to say this but I thought I would let people know. I worked out that, unless I'm missing something it will be impossible for a user to edit the size of a tile, and also to be able to assign their own apps to large tiles from within the theme. So I'm going to make an app called iMetro Manager, which will allow people to add and delete tiles, move apps, set app, change the sizes of tiles and set your own icons for large tiles. Think of it as a preview or "iMetro Builder". The thing I didn't decide yet though, should this be an iOS app or something on the computer... What do you guys think?

Also, I'm very eager to see anyone else's icons they made as well . Perhaps post some screenshots of what people have done with the theme like wallpapers and new icons/colours and stuff would be awesome!
    My Themes:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Icons that I have done so far today.
    Didn't want to say this but I thought I would let people know. I worked out that, unless I'm missing something it will be impossible for a user to edit the size of a tile, and also to be able to assign their own apps to large tiles from within the theme. So I'm going to make an app called iMetro Manager, which will allow people to add and delete tiles, move apps, set app, change the sizes of tiles and set your own icons for large tiles. Think of it as a preview or "iMetro Builder". The thing I didn't decide yet though, should this be an iOS app or something on the computer... What do you guys think?

Also, I'm very eager to see anyone else's icons they made as well . Perhaps post some screenshots of what people have done with the theme like wallpapers and new icons/colours and stuff would be awesome!

well here is zip of all the icons i have done today...

Icon Set for Imetro

Really diggin this theme. Also, diggin thru the code to add more app spots and making large and small icon adjustments. If anyone needs help with that i could make a video explaining what i did... until the Imetro manager is ready.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Makproductions06 For This Useful Post:

cavman2004 (02-16-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a way to make this theme automatically make icons like the wp7 theme?

Green Apple
    Thanks

well here is zip of all the icons i have done today...

Icon Set for Imetro

Really diggin this theme. Also, diggin thru the code to add more app spots and making large and small icon adjustments. If anyone needs help with that i could make a video explaining what i did... until the Imetro manager is ready.
    Really great Icon set there! If you like, I can include them in the next theme release? You can make that video as iMetro Manager will take a long while to make it xD

Quote Originally Posted by rokindeez View Post
    Is there a way to make this theme automatically make icons like the wp7 theme?
    Currently no, but in the future the iMetro Manager will be able to do it.
    My Themes:

iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Thanks

Really great Icon set there! If you like, I can include them in the next theme release? You can make that video as iMetro Manager will take a long while to make it xD

Currently no, but in the future the iMetro Manager will be able to do it.
    Awesome btw great work. Is the ETA on .05?.06?

Green Apple
    Thanks

ETA on 07 as I have not done anything today on the theme due to work and stuff. Live Flipboard and Calendar tiles planned. Then 08 Live Weather. 09 final tweaks/additions and then hopefully 10 which is version 1.00 the initial release build. Now it might sound far off but you guys should know how quick I make stuff I could have version 1.00 done by tomorrow night!

Can I ask people to test the Personalize menu extensively like different combinations of the Username menu and the Personalize menu. I have a feeling there's a bug and want to get rid of it for 1.00.
    My Themes: