+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues with Safari skins displaying correctly on iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello all! I recently jailbroke my iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1. Every winterboard theme I apply has the same bug: the safari skin doesn't display correctly. Only the navigation menus
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Issues with Safari skins displaying correctly on iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1
    Hello all! I recently jailbroke my iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1. Every winterboard theme I apply has the same bug: the safari skin doesn't display correctly. Only the navigation menus and the top half of the bookmarks bar gets skinned, while the bottom half of the bookmarks bar and all of the tabs remains unskinned (grey) and very bugged out looking . I have attached a screenshot below:

Issues with Safari skins displaying correctly on iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1-safari_trouble.jpg

Any ideas about why this is happening? Better yet, any ideas on how to fix this bug? I have already had one other person with an iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 corroborate this issue. I would appreciate any help you folks can provide!

Thanks

This may be a stupid question, but were the themes you are trying made with iOS 5 in mind? The extra tabs part came in iOS 5. I has this issue too with a theme I used on 4.3.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich246 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but were the themes you are trying made with iOS 5 in mind? The extra tabs part came in iOS 5. I has this issue too with a theme I used on 4.3.3.
    Actually, the skin was made for iOS 5.0, but apparently it is just having issues in 5.0.1, which is weird. Still, I haven't yet found an iPad skin for iOS 5.0.1 that doesn't do the weird thing to safari... I am absolutely open to skin recommendations thought!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 875 Posts

the GradientFill~ipad was only 88 pixels tall in ios4. in ios5 it became 104 pixels tall. so that along with how custom the themer cretor made that image look will effect how that image appears from ios4 to ios5... and it don't matter, it's the same in ios5 as in ios5.0.1 I worked this out in my two ios5 ready iPad themes