Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ElementaryBB for iPad

I had the same error too,I uninstalled SBSettings,updated the theme and at the end i reinstalled SBSettings.Try in this mode please.

did you make the icons for suave hd?

I don't unterstand what you are saying.
    Last edited by VincenzoBB; 10-09-2011 at 04:46 AM.

I am one to normally not complain but I find it fundamentally wrong that you have taken icons and design from a freely available theme on the net (Suave HD - available here) have added a few widgets and maybe have changed a few icons or made a few new one yourself (from the FREELY available template) and then decide to package it up and sell it.

If people click the link above it is so obviously clear this theme is a rip-off and should be taken down and money refunded to the people who bought it.

And just on a side note, you havent sized the app store icons properly hence why you get the black border around them.

Also the sizing of the calendar icon font is all wrong.

And it also looks bad when you have grabbed the standard Suave HD rounded square icon and simply stretched it to suit other uses. To me that is just another example that you have grabbed Thyraz's work and you are trying to profit from it.

From the ModMyi and Cydia store FAQ's it clearly states that "Since you are accepting income for these packages, they must be wholly owned and originally created by you"

As sayd you on Twitter,I didn't copy anything but I am only inspired to Suave.The only thing that I copy were Winterboard and images icons.The other icons were Made by me.I didn't ridimensionate.however contact me on Twitter so we can talk here.

Stop saying you took inspiration when you want to profit from someone else's work. How can you say you didnt copy anything when I know for a fact you photos, videos, ipod, settings, ibooks, and all stock icons plus others in your theme are straight from Suave HD in the link above. Anyone can see that!

You cant do that. Im just waiting for this theme to be pulled from the repo.

Appstore icons are sized different to stock/system icons hence why you get that weird black border.

Mate, you tried it and you got caught.

@PSI70Y go see my tweet with @Thyraz

Mate first you said you didnt copy anything, that Suave was your "inspiration" and you created all the icons. Now by going to the author of suave and asking for permission, doesnt that mean you were lying in the first place?

By the way Suave is a community theme so if you use icons from other people are you going to get their permission as well?

The concept of you selling something which is free is totally wrong to me.

I'm done with you, i dont know if you plagerised this on purpose or if you are simply ignorant and now that you were caught you back-peddled and try to save ur butt.

Againg with this story?I didn't copy Suave,I didn't streched nothing and I didn't use else's work!As i sayd you before to read my tweets @Thyraz get me the permission to use him PSD file.I didn't know ANYTHING about Suave.If i knew that there was this theme i hadn't published mine.The icons that are the same i found surfing the net and searching on Thyraz.However i talked with Tyler Matthews and my theme will finally removed from Cydia.After that PLEASE don't get more **** on me.Don't call me clown,kids or else or if you will make this mention me so I can defend myself.And ,always to make you happy,i sold 15 copys of ElementaryBB for iPad for a total of 20.86$ that you and your 4 twitter's friends can take too.

This is my last post on this matter

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoBB View Post
    Againg with this story?I didn't copy Suave,I didn't streched nothing and I didn't use else's work!As i sayd you before to read my tweets @Thyraz get me the permission to use him PSD file.
    Here you sought permission AFTER I noted to copied the Suave theme, you should have got permission *before* and don't pretend you didn't know, you had Thyraz's PSD well before you asked for his permission.

I didn't know ANYTHING about Suave.If i knew that there was this theme i hadn't published mine.The icons that are the same i found surfing the net and searching on Thyraz
    So here you are saying you knew this wasn't your work and still you charged people for it?

However i talked with Tyler Matthews and my theme will finally removed from Cydia.After that PLEASE don't get more **** on me
    So it should be as it is not 100% your original work. The rule is there to protect themers who actually create the theme, not for people to modify them and re-package them.

And ,always to make you happy,i sold 15 copys of ElementaryBB for iPad for a total of 20.86$ that you and your 4 twitter's friends can take too.
    I don't want your money, I never did, I hope the people who payed for this get theirs back though. What you don't know is that Suave is a theme which I have compiled my own version of and shared for free on another repo, so it is a theme very close to my heart, hence why I knew straight away where the icons were from.

I have nothing against you, I just don't like when people try to profit from someone else's work and then blatantly deny it, and only when shown proof do they back down. ModMyi wouldn't have taken the theme down if it didn't believe there was a breach of the Cydia rules.

I have nothing against you, and I hope you can take something from this and if you do in-fact come up with some cool themes which are your own and I like them then I will probably buy them.

Get error when upgrade v1.2. I uninstall old version and install new one, get same error " trying to overwrite */var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/respring.png. which is also in package sbsettings. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by hhhppp View Post
    Get error when upgrade v1.2. I uninstall old version and install new one, get same error " trying to overwrite */var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/respring.png. which is also in package sbsettings. Please help
    Read the other posts before yours.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Thread closed.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12