+ Reply
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] WinPad 8 Experience

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a problem with the photos live tile(which is my favorite one) It doesn't slide through pictures it blinks the word "photos" really fast (in the bottom corner) I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a problem with the photos live tile(which is my favorite one) It doesn't slide through pictures it blinks the word "photos" really fast (in the bottom corner) I thought it was a problem because I had to many pictures so I deleted them all and left a few but still nothing I don't know what to do, any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    so i have seen. the way i see it either i'll do it or (most likely) you'll do it

P.S. bought that "Metro Ultimate" just to see what it was like. its got nothing on this theme

The way built the theme make the Start menu Mainview with the charm menu and the 2 loading screen . Almost everything else is load when activating . That way ive been able to pack some very nice goodies with less memory eating while keeping some cool slide animation therefor this is why it take a little time to open the charm menu because it load the config menu , the live tile menu and it look for the color change to set the appropriate colour with your colour choice .

If i would have made it with rotation ready from the start it would have been easier .

how is metro ultimate ? it look good tho but not as complete as Winpad but i like his hub idea but thats not very hard to make . I tried
    the music hub on my windows 8 PC and it look like the game hub but icon are different and bigger .

I like you music hub also , as i see it you can change categories from left and it would bring you icon to the right , its a good idea.

Im not set or ready to start something this week or maybe not next week to because i got my new subaru wrx last week and i must say
    im not as much at home loll but i will try and make a little something on photoshop and shoot you guys a little peek .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMatt247 View Post
    I have a problem with the photos live tile(which is my favorite one) It doesn't slide through pictures it blinks the word "photos" really fast (in the bottom corner) I thought it was a problem because I had to many pictures so I deleted them all and left a few but still nothing I don't know what to do, any ideas?
    it never happend to me here but try to delete the photo widget from the live tile menu and reinsert it .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallenzx View Post
    The way built the theme make the Start menu Mainview with the charm menu and the 2 loading screen . Almost everything else is load when activating . That way ive been able to pack some very nice goodies with less memory eating while keeping some cool slide animation therefor this is why it take a little time to open the charm menu because it load the config menu , the live tile menu and it look for the color change to set the appropriate colour with your colour choice .

If i would have made it with rotation ready from the start it would have been easier .

how is metro ultimate ? it look good tho but not as complete as Winpad but i like his hub idea but thats not very hard to make . I tried
    the music hub on my windows 8 PC and it look like the game hub but icon are different and bigger .

I like you music hub also , as i see it you can change categories from left and it would bring you icon to the right , its a good idea.

Im not set or ready to start something this week or maybe not next week to because i got my new subaru wrx last week and i must say
    im not as much at home loll but i will try and make a little something on photoshop and shoot you guys a little peek .

it never happend to me here but try to delete the photo widget from the live tile menu and reinsert it .
    Thanks I just re installed the theme and now it works... Btw a music hub would be awesome! I also have metro ultimate and it's not as complete as winpad (no live tiles, no desktop, ) and your app list and charm menu are much more accurate to the real win8. If u do make an update (any time this summer, I can wait) you should think of adding a scroll bounce animation thing to make the start screen feel more fluid. Just a suggestion, and btw awesome car

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMatt247 View Post
    Thanks I just re installed the theme and now it works... Btw a music hub would be awesome! I also have metro ultimate and it's not as complete as winpad (no live tiles, no desktop, ) and your app list and charm menu are much more accurate to the real win8. If u do make an update (any time this summer, I can wait) you should think of adding a scroll bounce animation thing to make the start screen feel more fluid. Just a suggestion, and btw awesome car
    I would probably make a media hub that would be more all around media app not not only music app .

For the bounce animation , dreamboard make it bounce normally but I had to make a command line to make it not bounce as the real windows 8 does not bounce but tomorrow I could show you how to delete that command and make it bounce , but i would not be responsible for any background not fitting question with the bounce effect as i did not make it like this . But I'm in no way discouraging modification of user that wish to make it like they want .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fallenzx For This Useful Post:

MistaMatt247 (07-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Kernelpad icon request appadvice, animoto, yellowpages, Priceline negotiator, 360 photo app, angry birds space, go go gadget, phoster, wordfoto. Thanks a lot !

Yellowpages, angry birds, gadget big tiles please
    Last edited by babat; 07-02-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallenzx View Post
    I would probably make a media hub that would be more all around media app not not only music app .

For the bounce animation , dreamboard make it bounce normally but I had to make a command line to make it not bounce as the real windows 8 does not bounce but tomorrow I could show you how to delete that command and make it bounce , but i would not be responsible for any background not fitting question with the bounce effect as i did not make it like this . But I'm in no way discouraging modification of user that wish to make it like they want .
    Oh ok awesome, lookin foward 2 it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fallenzx, I tried to send you a private msg but I'm not sure if it actually sent. I donated, confirmation 0N7808632M213301N. Please send info to the email address on the confirmation. No hurry, it's summer and I know you're busy. Can't wait to try this out!

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Now I'm really Excited, on the otherside you guys making a media hub and on my side im making a awesome metro keyboard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OMG I really am not regretting buying this theme at all! Such dedicated and talented people working on this
    I can't wait for both the keyboard and hubs if they are to come into action

Thanks again Fallen, I got my appgrid sorted, I had to calculate the amount of icons I had, then modify the plist accordingly. I have 216 apps, near that amount so for Cols I changed it to 20, I scrolled down the plist and noticed Rows, I changed that to 9 to set the boundary and not have anymore rows. Now I'm able to scroll horizontally without any difficulty and am able to access all my apps, thanks a bunch!

Is there anyway to turn off the Live Photo Stream? I want to be able to turn it on or off at will. I don't mind having to edit plists, those aren't a pain

Here's a suggestion;
    Do you think you could make it so that if we go into say the desktop, weather, theme settings, or all app view, instead of having to swipe the charm menu and pressing start to get back to the home screen, could we press the home button or use multitasking gestures to close them like we would for normal apps?
    If I helped don't fear to press the Thanks button (:
    Follow me on twitter! @ViperzDTL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ViperzDTL For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (07-03-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViperzDTL View Post
    OMG I really am not regretting buying this theme at all! Such dedicated and talented people working on this
    I can't wait for both the keyboard and hubs if they are to come into action

Thanks again Fallen, I got my appgrid sorted, I had to calculate the amount of icons I had, then modify the plist accordingly. I have 216 apps, near that amount so for Cols I changed it to 20, I scrolled down the plist and noticed Rows, I changed that to 9 to set the boundary and not have anymore rows. Now I'm able to scroll horizontally without any difficulty and am able to access all my apps, thanks a bunch!

Is there anyway to turn off the Live Photo Stream? I want to be able to turn it on or off at will. I don't mind having to edit plists, those aren't a pain

Here's a suggestion;
    Do you think you could make it so that if we go into say the desktop, weather, theme settings, or all app view, instead of having to swipe the charm menu and pressing start to get back to the home screen, could we press the home button or use multitasking gestures to close them like we would for normal apps?
    good job for the all app fix , for the live stream yes you just have to delete it in the live tile menu , swipe charm menu out , options , then live tile edit mode , tap on the live photo stream and tap on cancel down right .

For the desktop you just have to press the start button down the folder in desktop view ,For the weather there is no way for now but im planing of doing a little button to go back as well in the game hub , for the all app menu just press the all app name upper screen ,and settings you dont have choice to pass by the charm menu as it check the settings you just set and apply them all over the theme .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Now I'm really Excited, on the otherside you guys making a media hub and on my side im making a awesome metro keyboard
    i'm excited for the keyboard. i tried and failed at making a color keyboard for metro

a quick app layout i done in a few mins.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

Thanks

Here are your icons! Viper and Babat!

LINK: Icon Request for ViperzDTL.zip - Viper
    LINK: Icon Request for Babat.zip - Babat

Sorry, Viper! I couldnt make a Modmyi metro icon, can someone do it for him,
    and Sorry Babat I couldnt understand what app is go go gadget, its not in the app store, I think! ?

Here is another Sneak Peek of the Keyboard!!! (WIP)

[Release] WinPad 8 Experience-img_0355.png

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

babat (07-03-2012), ViperzDTL (07-03-2012)

Thanks

Fallen, dude I'm really loving this theme now, it literally gives so many forms of customisations while retaining simplicity
    Thank you very much Kernel
    The MMi Icon can wait since I have other icons, would be great to get a metro icon but don't worry about it, I should be able to use photoshop soon I hope :P
    That keyboard looks awesome! Instead of the blue "cap locks" key could you add a mod for red? I just like red is all

Thanks

Yea, once me and my friend are in the final stage of the keyboard, I was gonna ask people which colour would look good, ok so I will add Blue and red, if you want more colours, just ask!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm installing now, can't wait. Just a quick question, as new versions/updates to WinPad release, will we be emailed the new download link? Just curious how new versions/updates are handled.

Thanks to fallen, kernelpad and everyone else who is helping with the project, awesome work!

Thanks

Yes everyone who has bought the theme will get the new updates, via email.

Thanks

Yea, once me and my friend are in the final stage of the keyboard, I was gonna ask people which colour would look good, ok so I will add Blue and red, if you want more colours, just ask!
    Would a White/Silver one suffice? Or maybe black?
    Those are just suggestions since most keyboards are normally either black or white along with mods

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just Donated. Confirmation number is 2BF92091X2871202D

Thanks

Would a White/Silver one suffice? Or maybe black?
    Those are just suggestions since most keyboards are normally either black or white along with mods
    I want the keyboard to be as close as the windows 8 keyboard, but thx and I will see what I can do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright no problem I don't mind the size changing as I can adapt anyways
    To be honest, I also prefer the horizontal scrolling but it's just that I have 15 rows of icons in "All Apps" whereas the boundary is 5 rows
    You could keep it as horizontal scroll but maybe could you set the boundary, because at the moment I'm only able to access a third of my total apps via the all apps list

Or here's a suggestion, let us have an option in the theme for whether to scroll it horizontally or vertically
    I also have another suggestion if it hasn't been done already;
    In the desktop there is a folder called documents, in that folder consists of more folders, maybe you could make it so that we could add more folders if we wanted or delete folders if we want
    E.g Alongside All Apps, Favourites, and Games, I also want folders for "Utilities," "Entertainment," "Productivity," etc
    It would be a great addition but if it's not possible then it's fine, it's already such a great theme

Finally, I would like to request a few Metro Icons if possible;
    Protube HD - Small
    iA Writer - Large
    Pages - Large
    Asphalt 7: Heat - Small
    DrawSomething free - Small
    Plague Inc - Small
    Fruit Ninja HD - Small
    Skype - Small
    ModMyi - Small (I know there already is one but I would like a Metro version please)
    Fruit Ninja Puss n Boots HD - Small
    Splashtop Win8 - Small
    N.O.V.A. 3 - Small/Large (I don't mind either)
    SongPop - Small
    iFile - Small
    Skyfire for iPad - Small
    Pingit - Small
    Dropbox - Small
    iBooks - Small

I'm using the theme on my iPad 3, could you make them as retina icons please? I heard they just get resized on iPad 2s anyways
    If possible, could you upload zips to mediafire or Dropbox? This is so I can download straight onto my iPad
    I can't seems to download from google drive since all it shows is the preview in zips
    I know some of these exist but they're on google drive and I can't seem to download from there even after signing in
    At the moment I don't have access to my pc so no access to photoshop in order to do them myself
    I greatly appreciate your efforts and people such as KernelPad's efforts nonetheless, keep up the great work!
    Thanks in advance
    [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1341330450.582581.jpg here's a modmyi icon

(on iPad) hold down on image save it to camera roll . Go on ifile, go to var/mobile/media/dcim/100Apple/
    Look for the modmyi icon in that folder and rename it to ModMyi.png (it would originally be called like img7487.jpg or something) then. Copy the renamed icon and paste it into dreamboard/winpad8/icons/ then respring and your done! (Wrote instructions so u don't have to ssh.)

Here are your icons! Viper and Babat!

LINK: Icon Request for ViperzDTL.zip - Viper
    LINK: Icon Request for Babat.zip - Babat

Sorry, Viper! I couldnt make a Modmyi metro icon, can someone do it for him,
    and Sorry Babat I couldnt understand what app is go go gadget, its not in the app store, I think! ?

Here is another Sneak Peek of the Keyboard!!! (WIP)

Attachment 596497
    That keyboard is looking great! Can't wait to add it to this awesome theme!
    Last edited by MistaMatt247; 07-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.