+ Reply
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] WinPad 8 Experience

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I really wish there was a way to combine the Game Hub with the actual My XBox Live app, but I know that's not possible. I too would like to
    Thanks

I really wish there was a way to combine the Game Hub with the actual My XBox Live app, but I know that's not possible. I too would like to be able to reposition the Hub, as well as have the weather "flip" a bit less frequently.

2 questions:
    Is there a way to rotate the entire theme? Us Smart Cover users are just out of luck right now.

Anyone doing retina icons, care to share the .psd? Or is it as simple as resizing the current ones (and by what dimensions)? I can knock out some icons.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMatt247 View Post
    Oh sure I am using oad statusbar for my status bar and I run the winterboard theme "seven" ,under this that statusbar theme (and this dreamboard theme)just for the ui images. lol and yes relocating the Xbox live games hub icon would be cool to do (maybe in a future update he will include this)
    i could relocate the xbox hub but where you would want it ?? and its not or its very hard to make you user choose where you wish to put the xbox hub , but i will try to think a way to do it but dont count 100% on it .

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not a big deal if users can't place the game hub, but it would be a nice bonus feature to have I guess, however I think that the next thing you should consider adding a media hub! That would be so cool! Then it could say like music and videos on the top ( where it would say xbox live games in the game hub) then we could use that space to place our favorite music and media apps such as GarageBand and Netflix for example. But I DO NOT think it should have like a scrollable page with a lot of icon slots, it should just be a small hub with like 8-10 spots for apps. ( if any of that is possible)Just a suggestion LOL just so u get some ideas for the next major update

PS i am loving the game hub btw!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I really wish there was a way to combine the Game Hub with the actual My XBox Live app, but I know that's not possible. I too would like to be able to reposition the Hub, as well as have the weather "flip" a bit less frequently.

2 questions:
    Is there a way to rotate the entire theme? Us Smart Cover users are just out of luck right now.

Anyone doing retina icons, care to share the .psd? Or is it as simple as resizing the current ones (and by what dimensions)? I can knock out some icons.
    There is no way as of now to rotate the theme . I use a smart cover and always pull it out.

For the weather icon you can make it scroll less there is a variable that need to be change I will check that tomorrow as I'm not home anymore.

For the icon here is the dimension : iPad 2 = 120x120 for small 120x250 for large Xbox hub are the same except for big one : 250x250

iPad 3 = 240x240 for small 240x500 for large , Xbox hub big square : 500x500 and don't forget to rename to @2x.png and I think you need a normal file to not @2x.png but I'm not sure !! If someone could confirm .

And for those that want some feature not include like start menu option to have custom background , I tried to stay close as much to the windows 8 consumer preview I had install on my computer . This is not a fancy windows 8 theme this is the closest experience I could made or the iPad in a plist theme without having a good memory management and behing laggy. There is a lot of deep but effective little thing added like one example : the charm menu windows logo that change according to your colour choice , or button in live tile menu that change according to your colour choice to make the experience more effective .
    Thx for the understanding

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMatt247 View Post
    It's not a big deal if users can't place the game hub, but it would be a nice bonus feature to have I guess, however I think that the next thing you should consider adding a media hub! That would be so cool! Then it could say like music and videos on the top ( where it would say xbox live games in the game hub) then we could use that space to place our favorite music and media apps such as GarageBand and Netflix for example. But I DO NOT think it should have like a scrollable page with a lot of icon slots, it should just be a small hub with like 8-10 spots for apps. ( if any of that is possible)Just a suggestion LOL just so u get some ideas for the next major update

PS i am loving the game hub btw!

Media could be possible if I get enough asking for it , but as i say last post I will stay true to windows 8 I will look at how it is and then figure what I will do and propose what can be done .
    Last edited by fallenzx; 06-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fallenzx For This Useful Post:

MistaMatt247 (06-23-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallenzx View Post
    There is no way as of now to rotate the theme . I use a smart cover and always pull it out.

For the weather icon you can make it scroll less there is a variable that need to be change I will check that tomorrow as I'm not home anymore.

For the icon here is the dimension : iPad 2 = 120x120 for small 120x250 for large Xbox hub are the same except for big one : 250x250

iPad 3 = 240x240 for small 240x500 for large , Xbox hub big square : 500x500 and don't forget to rename to @2x.png and I think you need a normal file to not @2x.png but I'm not sure !! If someone could confirm .

And for those that want some feature not include like start menu option to have custom background , I tried to stay close as much to the windows 8 consumer preview I had install on my computer . This is not a fancy windows 8 theme this is the closest experience I could made or the iPad in a plist theme without having a good memory management and behing laggy. There is a lot of deep but effective little thing added like one example : the charm menu windows logo that change according to your colour choice , or button in live tile menu that change according to your colour choice to make the experience more effective .
    Thx for the understanding

Media could be possible if I get enough asking for it , but as i say last post I will stay true to windows 8 I will look at how it is and then figure what I will do and propose what can be done .
    YES I totally agree with you! This theme should stay as close to windows 8 as possible and changing the background would take away from that! I love how close this is to windows 8 and I defenitaly think this is the BEST windows 8 theme EVER available on the iPad! Thanks again for the all the work that went into it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Download Link :D
    Hello I just came across this winpad 8 theme and donated to the associated account. I couldn't figure out how to private message you to give you my proof of purchase though as this is my first post on this website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anthonystx View Post
    Hello I just came across this winpad 8 theme and donated to the associated account. I couldn't figure out how to private message you to give you my proof of purchase though as this is my first post on this website.
    I will send in 12 hour as here it's our provincial party and I won't be able to send before I get home and wake up tomorrow . Thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I've put all of the icons I've created so far into zip files so it is easier for anyone to download them. 62 icons for iPad 1 & 2 and 42 Retina Display icons. enjoy...

WinPad 8 Icons

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help
    Hi Iam new I to this I have iPad 3 I have got winpad 8 on it but how do I put new icon on

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Put the icons you want in the icons folder inside WPad8.

Oh and I agree, there should be a media hub with music and video in them.
    Btw I will post the game icons today, for the gaming hub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (06-24-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Put the icons you want in the icons folder inside WPad8.

Oh and I agree, there should be a media hub with music and video in them.
    Btw I will post the game icons today, for the gaming hub

Sorry how do I do that

Thanks

A guide for people who are having trouble! adding icons to the theme!

You will have to SSH to your iPad, you can do it on your iPad using iFile or a computer using a program.

1. Go on iFile on iPad or use a program on a computer (I use iFunBox on computer)
    2. Navigate to the Dreamboard folder, Open the WPad8 folder
    3. Now drag any icon you like into the "icons" folder, (try looking in the EXTRA folder for many icons)
    4. Open up the theme, edit, choose a app, tada you should have the icon you chose at step 3.

Oh and if you want even more icons, icon request to me or avelinoG

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

avelinoG (06-24-2012), fallenzx (06-24-2012), LogitechDude (07-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avelinoG View Post
    Ok I've put all of the icons I've created so far into zip files so it is easier for anyone to download them. 62 icons for iPad 1 & 2 and 42 Retina Display icons. enjoy...

WinPad 8 Icons

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Donate
    Hi
    Just donated . Just wondering how I go about getting this awesome looking theme ?

Thanks

I will post the game icon pack in the evening, more icon requests will be added!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (06-24-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil557 View Post
    Hi
    Just donated . Just wondering how I go about getting this awesome looking theme ?
    everything is sent !! thx

Thanks

Cool Game Icons for the Xbox Hub!!!
    Here is the .zip, FULL with iPad 2 + iPad 3 Game icons for the Xbox Hub!!!
    This is the first time I made the retina icons, so plz someone quickly confirm if my retina icons work.
    I hope my work doesn't go to waste
    If they are successful I will start making any retina icons needed.

I have made a total of 110 icons for you guys!

55 icons - iPad 2 (Normal Display)
    55 icons - iPad 3 (Retina HD Display)

Go Get it, it's Free! Just for You!!!

LINK: Xbox Hub Game Icons.zip

Thanks plz >>
    Last edited by KernelPad; 06-25-2012 at 03:38 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

AngryPIG (06-27-2012), LogitechDude (07-07-2012), nealh (07-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I transfer over the winpad 8 file to my ipad using ssh ?
    Sorry I am new to all this

Thanks

Has anyone tested the Pack! ^ do the retina icons work, plz confirm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Has anyone tested the Pack! ^ do the retina icons work, plz confirm.
    Yes they work and look GREAT! Here is a screen shot from my iPad 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1340578903.758897.jpg