+ Reply
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] WinPad 8 Experience

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by KernelPad Finally! I'm back! My Wifi/internet connection got damaged and I had a delay in making icons. In a few days I will post a zip full
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPad View Post
    Finally! I'm back! My Wifi/internet connection got damaged and I had a delay in making icons. In a few days I will post a zip full with ipad 2 and retina game icons for the new Xbox Hub! Icon requests are now open! As soon as I finish with the retina game icons, I will start with retina app icons!
    Thanks and great work,
    How about mini racer, pin ball, and some old school- pacman, mrs pacman, galaga

iPhone? More like MyPhone KernelPad's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for the request tonyz3,
    I have added them to the pack. I still have time, any more iPad 2 or iPad 3 game icons needed.
    I have made about 70 icons for iPad 2 + iPad 3 in Large, Small and Big tiles.

[EDIT]
    I have made so many that I will post tomorrow, any game requests, today and tomorrow would be a good time.
    Last edited by KernelPad; 06-23-2012 at 07:49 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KernelPad For This Useful Post:

Tonyz3 (06-24-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have added them to the pack. I still have time, any more iPad 2 or iPad 3 game icons needed.

[EDIT]
    I have made so many that I will post tomorrow, any game requests, today and tomorrow would be a good time.
    Asphalt 7 and modern combat 3:fallen nation please
    Last edited by Smakes_user; 06-23-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks

lol Made those already! in large. cuz I have the games too.
    Last edited by KernelPad; 06-23-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smakes_user View Post
    Just go inside the hub, swipe to bring up the charm menu and hit edit. Empty tiles will appear to add icons.
    Oh yes, thank you

Fruit Ninja, Fruit Ninja HD, Doodle Jump, Draw Something, Zuma HD, Plants vs Zombie, Ninjump, Plague Inc., Dragonvale

pls!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

[EDIT]
    These will look nice in my game hub: air supremacy, nova 3, cod black ops zombies, soul caliber, touch hockey, catepault king, nba 2k12, cut the buttons, infinity field, and jet pack joyride. I know its a lot, just do whatever you can if you want lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMatt247 View Post
    How that would be really cool?
    open avatar-body.png

in Winpad8 folder /images/wallpaper . and change it by a same height and weight

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have just donated Can send email
    34L065835X774243T

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallenzx View Post
    open avatar-body.png

in Winpad8 folder /images/wallpaper . and change it by a same height and weight
    I found a really easy way to do this by only using ur iPad! Go to Xbox.com and sign in with ur gamer tag, then go to the picture of ur avatar and save the picture to your camera roll, (by holding down) then go it ifile and find the picture of the avatar u just saved in var/mobile/media/dcim/100apple/ then just rename it to avatar-body.png and copy it and go to the winpad8 folder /images/wallpaper then paste it and overwrite and then respring! Don't even need a computer to do it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistaMatt247 For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (06-23-2012), KernelPad (06-23-2012)

Thanks

I found a really easy way to do this by only using ur iPad! Go to Xbox.com and sign in with ur gamer tag, then go to the picture of ur avatar and save the picture to your camera roll, (by holding down) then go it ifile and find the picture of the avatar u just saved in var/mobile/media/dcim/100apple/ then just rename it to avatar-body.png and copy it and go to the winpad8 folder /images/wallpaper then paste it and overwrite and then respring! Don't even need a computer to do it
    can you post a screenshot of your game hub setup

Green Apple
    Thanks

can you post a screenshot of your game hub setup
    Sure gimme a few hours though I'm not home, (is there a way to upload pics without a computer?)

Thanks

Sure gimme a few hours though I'm not home, (is there a way to upload pics without a computer?)
    I think you can using the modmyi app

Thanks

Guys could you also say which device are you guys using! or should i make it for ipad 3 and ipad 2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I have a few ideas if anyone is up to the task or maybe its already been done i'm not sure.

Retina Icons For:

Camera
    Plex (app store app)
    Notes
    My Xbox Live (app store app)
    A generic small tile alarm clock
    Maps
    Dreamboard
    Photo Booth
    Restaurants (ala urbanspoon)
    Game Boy
    N64
    NES
    PSX
    SNES
    The text on the calendar tile is blurry as well on the Photos icon

Not sure if its possible I tried poking around in the files for winpad for a bit but couldn't come to a conclusion on how to:

Change place of labels for certain tiles (as with some icons the label is overlapped by the underlying icon which is ugly imho)
    The photo live tile I can see the
    There seems to be a problem with the live weather tile (its constantly flipping between the live weather information and the static weather tile background every second or so)
    Is it possible to remove the "Desktop" and "Xbox Live Games" tiles I have no use for them
    Perhaps make it possible to use wallpapers from the users photo library for the start background
    Pull the user name by default from the devices name or even better pull it from the "default person" in the settings or whatever its called for the name as well as the contact pic (if thats even possible)

Please critique and judge my opinions and requests

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guys could you also say which device are you guys using! or should i make it for ipad 3 and ipad 2.
    Oh sorry I am on an iPad 3 and I would perfer the icons I gave you in retina lol

I think you can using the modmyi app
    Oh ok so here is a screen shot of my game hub and my custom avatar I got using the directions I gave

I really want to thank EVERYONE who contributed in this theme ( Fallenxz, avelinoG, and KernelPAd) you guys allowed me to make my ipad so unique and beutiful! I tried to upload screen shots but it said my files were in valid also i got my usernam to come back by following project5 directions! thanks again guys!
    I figured out how to upload screenshots now so I figured that id share my amazing start screen!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdangles View Post
    So I have a few ideas if anyone is up to the task or maybe its already been done i'm not sure.

Retina Icons For:

Camera
    Plex (app store app)
    Notes
    Maps
    Dreamboard
    Photo Booth
    Game Boy
    N64
    NES
    PSX
    SNES

Not sure if its possible I tried poking around in the files for winpad for a bit but couldn't come to a conclusion on how to:

Change place of labels for certain tiles (as with some icons the label is overlapped by the underlying icon which is ugly imho)
    There seems to be a problem with the live weather tile (its constantly flipping between the live weather information and the static weather tile background every second or so)
    Is it possible to remove the "Desktop" and "Xbox Live Games" tiles I have no use for them
    Perhaps make it possible to use wallpapers from the users photo library for the start background
    Pull the user name by default from the devices name or even better pull it from the "default person" in the settings or whatever its called for the name as well as the contact pic (if thats even possible)

Stuff like the desktop and Xbox live games are put there to reflect the real windows 8 and removing them would steer away from the goal of this theme which is to bring windows 8 to the iPad. I also think that the weathe flips like that so it can feel like an actual live tile that flips and not just a static image of the temperature. And also on the real windows 8 you can't change the background of the start screen. But it is all these things that make this theme the most authentic windows 8 themes available to the iPad. Just my opinion lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1340476424.499549.jpg   [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1340477113.946700.jpg   [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1340477130.735514.jpg   [Release] WinPad 8 Experience-imageuploadedbymodmyi1340477142.509417.jpg  
    Last edited by MistaMatt247; 06-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MistaMatt247 For This Useful Post:

fallenzx (06-23-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh sorry I am on an iPad 3 and I would perfer the icons I gave you in retina lol

Oh ok so here is a screen shot of my game hub and my custom avatar I got using the directions I gave

I figured out how to upload screenshots now so I figured that id share my amazing start screen!

Stuff like the desktop and Xbox live games are put there to reflect the real windows 8 and removing them would steer away from the goal of this theme which is to bring windows 8 to the iPad. I also think that the weathe flips like that so it can feel like an actual live tile that flips and not just a static image of the temperature. And also on the real windows 8 you can't change the background of the start screen. But it is all these things that make this theme the most authentic windows 8 themes available to the iPad. Just my opinion lol
    Okay that definitely makes sense I just ran across this awesome theme a few days ago and thought I would throw my opinions out there . As for the weather tile it seems to flip more than it should (literally once per second -- if its intentionally it still seems odd). The background situation makes sense. Would be nice to be able to relocate the "Xbox Live Games" and "Desktop" tiles at least :P. I'm curious in your attached thumbnails which winterboard thing you are using for your statusbar (if it is winterboard). Can't wait for some retina love theme-wide as well as those icons would be great .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay that definitely makes sense I just ran across this awesome theme a few days ago and thought I would throw my opinions out there . As for the weather tile it seems to flip more than it should (literally once per second -- if its intentionally it still seems odd). The background situation makes sense. Would be nice to be able to relocate the "Xbox Live Games" and "Desktop" tiles at least :P. I'm curious in your attached thumbnails which winterboard thing you are using for your statusbar (if it is winterboard). Can't wait for some retina love theme-wide as well as those icons would be great .
    Oh sure I am using oad statusbar for my status bar and I run the winterboard theme "seven" ,under this that statusbar theme (and this dreamboard theme)just for the ui images. lol and yes relocating the Xbox live games hub icon would be cool to do (maybe in a future update he will include this)

Thanks

Added all game icon requests into the pack, any more requests will still be added!

Thanks

Retina Icons For:

Camera
    Plex (app store app)
    Notes
    Maps
    Dreamboard
    Photo Booth
    Game Boy
    N64
    NES
    PSX
    SNES

- label are place accordingly to with tile option you choose , small no png or full with png and dreamboard does show the name of app centered so if i wish to put them on the left side when the name would have change it would have look ugly and out of tile , as you can see with long name like screen recorder . You can un assign an app by choosing no app when your in tile edit mode.

-Photo tile is correct , and weather tile is made like this .

- cant remove game hub and desktop as they hard coded in the theme .

- windows 8 does not allow to change start menu to picture as far as i know .

- and user name cant be grab from setting .