+ Reply
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boxor HD for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by bignighttrain I noticed that if you try to change the current plist while dream board is running it will not change unless dream board is off when
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    I noticed that if you try to change the current plist while dream board is running it will not change unless dream board is off when your modding the plist code. I was having that issue at first now it's good.
    No you can still edit while DB is running, you just have to "respring" after editing to make your changes go in effect

Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    @falcon, so what do you think? Could this maybe an add on mod?
    most definitely, but it is not high on my to do list

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    I noticed that if you try to change the current plist while dream board is running it will not change unless dream board is off when your modding the plist code. I was having that issue at first now it's good.
    No you can still edit while DB is running, you just have to "respring" after editing to make your changes go in effect
    Yeap, this can happen since the plist has dynamic saving. Like you said, If you want to apply plist changes by reapplying the theme, replace the current.plist while you are in default theme - but like Moose said, you can replace the Current.plist while in the theme, but it required Respring

thanks for bringing this up, I'm sure it will help others

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

How do i swap mail round with youtube etc? I wanna put mail on 2nd icon... It confused me though cus of all that badge code

Also ive put cydia and facebook on the sidebar, how do i add a badge to them? pretty basic with dreamboard lol
    Last edited by guitarfreak26; 07-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problems modifying current.plist
    So I'm trying to add pulse, spotify, and evernote to the springboard icons list. I found their bundle ids using ifile, and downloaded their icon images from the website given in the README file. Problem is, after I ssh-ed the images into the SBIcons folder and edited the .plist to open the image, nothing showed up (and yes i did respring). It's just empty where the image should be, when i tap it, the application launches, but theres no damn image!

What am I doing? Here's what the code looks like.
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.spotify.client</string>
    </array>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>500</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>218</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>2</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>309</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBIcons/Spotify.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>Button</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>

Please help, Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sariccia View Post
    So I'm trying to add pulse, spotify, and evernote to the springboard icons list. I found their bundle ids using ifile, and downloaded their icon images from the website given in the README file. Problem is, after I ssh-ed the images into the SBIcons folder and edited the .plist to open the image, nothing showed up (and yes i did respring). It's just empty where the image should be, when i tap it, the application launches, but theres no damn image!

What am I doing? Here's what the code looks like.
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.spotify.client</string>
    </array>
    <key>FrameHeight</key>
    <integer>500</integer>
    <key>FrameWidth</key>
    <integer>218</integer>
    <key>FrameX</key>
    <integer>2</integer>
    <key>FrameY</key>
    <integer>309</integer>
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBIcons/Spotify.png</string>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>Button</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>

Please help, Thank you!
    If it opens app but don't see an image, that is because you put something other than what they are named in the folder, so if it is "Spotify.png" in the code, it won't show an image if it's "spotify.png" in the folder

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

Sariccia (07-21-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If it opens app but don't see an image, that is because you put something other than what they are named in the folder, so if it is "Spotify.png" in the code, it won't show an image if it's "spotify.png" in the folder
    I just checked, and unfortunately, they are exactly matching.
    I preesh the help tho.

Also, after some further investigating, I've found that all the downloaded SBIcons I ssh-ed into the SBIcons folder will not load, whereas all the pre-loaded SBIcons will. I also found the Frameheight was 500 instead of 150 for some reason... changed it, resprung, and nothing happened. Help is still greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sariccia; 07-21-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

I just checked, and unfortunately, they are exactly matching.
    I preesh the help tho.

Also, after some further investigating, I've found that all the downloaded SBIcons I ssh-ed into the SBIcons folder will not load, whereas all the pre-loaded SBIcons will. I also found the Frameheight was 500 instead of 150 for some reason... changed it, resprung, and nothing happened. Help is still greatly appreciated.
    Can you see them in the folder using ifile?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured out the problem... by luck and experimentation. On the images I had ssh-ed in, using iFile, I discovered the access permissions for the user was only read write. I added execute, and voila, the images appeared! Don't understand why this worked, but am rather ecstatic.

On a more simple note, how do I pin applications, and is there anyway to have the entire facebook webpage within the widget, as opposed to having to sidescroll all the time?
    Last edited by Sariccia; 07-21-2011 at 10:34 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok so here's what I got..I saw ARBI's post a few pages back with the semi-clear pinned apps folders and such- was really impressed- learned a bit getting all this to work, especially the clock- it's just the free "Analock HD" lockscreen for iPhone 4 from Cydia by Andy9l- modded obviously- took me forever to figure out how to disable the scrolling in the fb widget- anyway I can post up the modded files here if anyone wants- as long as that's cool with Falcon- that would be way easier than me explaining all of it- but I'm done for the night- great job Falcon- awesome theme- really looking forward to working with the white one--

Boxor HD for iPad-img_0941.png Boxor HD for iPad-img_0945.png Boxor HD for iPad-img_0944.png Boxor HD for iPad-img_0942.png
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3239680&dateline=1295  582579

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    ok so here's what I got..I saw ARBI's post a few pages back with the semi-clear pinned apps folders and such- was really impressed- learned a bit getting all this to work, especially the clock- it's just the free "Analock HD" lockscreen for iPhone 4 from Cydia by Andy9l- modded obviously- took me forever to figure out how to disable the scrolling in the fb widget- anyway I can post up the modded files here if anyone wants- as long as that's cool with Falcon- that would be way easier than me explaining all of it- but I'm done for the night- great job Falcon- awesome theme- really looking forward to working with the white one--

Attachment 537379 Attachment 537380 Attachment 537381 Attachment 537382
    Please, please, please do

Thanks

Attachment 537379 Attachment 537380 Attachment 537381 Attachment 537382
    yea sure you can post it, so I assume you need to post the Current.plist and the widget only right ? that would be fine with me

regarding the semi transparent folder, it will come in the next update as default, along with other changes you see in BoxorHD for iPad white !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

first of all, please please post that clock widget, looks AWESOME. But after reading through this thread, it says that when you hitting settings there is a button to edit the pinned apps on the top center... I don't have that button. I tried editing the current.plist to no avail. What's wrong here?

Thanks

first of all, please please post that clock widget, looks AWESOME. But after reading through this thread, it says that when you hitting settings there is a button to edit the pinned apps on the top center... I don't have that button. I tried editing the current.plist to no avail. What's wrong here?
    that means you have not upgraded to the newest version

15. The Following User Says Thank You to falcon212 For This Useful Post:

Sariccia (07-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When you do have updates, if purchased from Cydia, I assume it's pushed to Cydia eventually? Just wondering...

Thanks

so here's my modded files for the clock widget that was originally the free "Analock HD Lockscreen" in Cydia by Andy9l. There are a few things with the clock such as the weather widgets that are just hidden by adjusting the opacity but they're still there-anyway it's just the widget and current.plist- Falcon says the semi-clear folders will be an option in Boxor HD White- obviously make sure you back up your current files before you replace them with these...incidentally with the Analock HD code it seems that it worked better for me if I edited it on my computer then SSH'd it in so if you're going to mod it just keep that in mind. The font for the numbers in the clock was originally set to "Trebuchet MS" but I just changed it to "Helvetica" and I'm using Bytafont so it changed it to the font I chose in Bytafont...I also had added an additional 12 wallpapers so that's why there are more listed in this current.plist than the original- I think that's it- enjoy--
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3239680&dateline=1295  582579

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-22-2011), Keshakeke22 (07-25-2011), Sariccia (07-22-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so here's my modded files for the clock widget that was originally the free "Analock HD Lockscreen" in Cydia by Andy9l. There are a few things with the clock such as the weather widgets that are just hidden by adjusting the opacity but they're still there-anyway it's just the widget and current.plist- Falcon says the semi-clear folders will be an option in Boxor HD White- obviously make sure you back up your current files before you replace them with these...incidentally with the Analock HD code it seems that it worked better for me if I edited it on my computer then SSH'd it in so if you're going to mod it just keep that in mind. The font for the numbers in the clock was originally set to "Trebuchet MS" but I just changed it to "Helvetica" and I'm using Bytafont so it changed it to the font I chose in Bytafont...I also had added an additional 12 wallpapers so that's why there are more listed in this current.plist than the original- I think that's it- enjoy--
    ...thx for that, but I think u forgott to include the 12 xtra Wallpapers, and the option, to made the pinned App Box and the other boxes semi transparent, and the Clock Widget has the the FaceBook Box, not the Clock Box .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Falcon, how would I go about creating another page in portrait mode? I want to make a widgets page with some rss feeds and web widgets since i have an ipad 2. I tried to make another page using a button like the settings page but failed. I just couldn't get the function code to work with existing update settings function. Would I need to create another function? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    ...thx for that, but I think u forgott to include the 12 xtra Wallpapers, and the option, to made the pinned App Box and the other boxes semi transparent, and the Clock Widget has the the FaceBook Box, not the Clock Box .
    yeah i didn't forget, Falcon said "all you would need to post would be the widget and current.plist right?" , so I took that to mean that that's all he was fine with me posting. As far as the wallpapers, all you need to do is just add ones you like to the folder- I can post them when I get to the computer later on though...and the Facebook box and folders are all easy fixes in photoshop, plus he said "all you would need to post would be the widget and current.plist right?" and he said they'll be in the white version that isn't out yet but I'll sure post them if he says he's fine with that too- I just know how much work goes into these paid themes and I want to be careful not to post something the developer isn't comfortable with--

Thanks

yeah i didn't forget, Falcon said "all you would need to post would be the widget and current.plist right?" , so I took that to mean that that's all he was fine with me posting. As far as the wallpapers, all you need to do is just add ones you like to the folder- I can post them when I get to the computer later on though...and the Facebook box and folders are all easy fixes in photoshop, plus he said "all you would need to post would be the widget and current.plist right?" and he said they'll be in the white version that isn't out yet but I'll sure post them if he says he's fine with that too- I just know how much work goes into these paid themes and I want to be careful not to post something the developer isn't comfortable with--
    I guess Im being too strict and not too clear yes you can post every changes u made as long as not the whole theme folder Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DECMD View Post
    Falcon, how would I go about creating another page in portrait mode? I want to make a widgets page with some rss feeds and web widgets since i have an ipad 2. I tried to make another page using a button like the settings page but failed. I just couldn't get the function code to work with existing update settings function. Would I need to create another function? Thanks
    This will take some effort to code, which I'm not planning to put. Adding extra page will messed up the animation when the setting is tap. It will more then just adding simple code

24. The Following User Says Thank You to falcon212 For This Useful Post:

Keshakeke22 (07-25-2011)