+ Reply
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boxor HD for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It's not a widget - it's simply a large icon that opens the Mail app. You can change the icon to another icon, and you can have the icon open
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not a widget - it's simply a large icon that opens the Mail app. You can change the icon to another icon, and you can have the icon open any app on your iPad. You simply need to make sure you edit the Current.plist correctly. You can find the instructions in the ReadMe folder.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where is the readme folder? Im sorry for all of the newbie questions..Ok for example..the large icon for mail..I want to have my mboxmail app open up instead..how would I edit the Current.plist in order to change that? I assume this Current.plist is located in the same place as the function file

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH into your iPad and navigate to root/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/README
    All the instructions to the things you ask are in there.

Also, something that would be helpful to anyone wanting to change the SBicons would be to download the free app "Appinfo" from Cydia. It can show you the bundle identifier for every app installed on your iPad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok so I read the readME file about how to replace big icons on springboard and I seriously have NO clue what the heck Im even supposed to do..its really confusing and Im not getting what I even have to change..I have the Current.plist open right now in Notepad and I dont know what I have to change

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Facebook page resize
    I changed the facebook advwebview widget url to twitter (mobile) and I can't seem to get the width to wrap within the frame. I changed the scrollview contentwidth integer to 484 (same as frame width) with no success. Am I missing something / going about this the wrong way? Thx in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 644 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfanalways View Post
    Ok so I read the readME file about how to replace big icons on springboard and I seriously have NO clue what the heck Im even supposed to do..its really confusing and Im not getting what I even have to change..I have the Current.plist open right now in Notepad and I dont know what I have to change
    What you need to do to change the mail icon to open mBoxmail, is

find this lines of code in Current.plist

Code:
    				<dict>
    					<key>Actions</key>
    					<array><string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string></array>
    					<key>Frame</key><string>2,309,218,150</string>
    					<key>Image</key>
    					<string>$ROOT/SBicons/Mail.png</string>
    					<key>ViewType</key><string>Button</string>
    				</dict>
    what you need to do is change the red part only, to get the red part (bundle id) the easiest way is to go to theme's edit mode, and just repeat the step on how you change the icon in Pinned Apps, when a window appear with the list of the apps, find mBoxMail and you see a text below the name of the app, THAT is the BundleID, you need to take down and replace the red part with that (case sensitive, it has to be exactly written as it appears in the list)

For your information, you need to edit two parts of the code, you find exactly the same code as the above, one is for portrait and one is for landscape

Quote Originally Posted by z0m813 View Post
    I changed the facebook advwebview widget url to twitter (mobile) and I can't seem to get the width to wrap within the frame. I changed the scrollview contentwidth integer to 484 (same as frame width) with no success. Am I missing something / going about this the wrong way? Thx in advance
    If you want to fix on how the widget handle the twitter (remove the horizontal scrolling) I'm afraid you can't to that, this is how the Dreamboard works sorry

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon212 View Post
    What you need to do to change the mail icon to open mBoxmail, is

find this lines of code in Current.plist

Code:
    				<dict>
    					<key>Actions</key>
    					<key>Image</key>
    				</dict>
    what you need to do is change the red part only, to get the red part (bundle id) the easiest way is to go to theme's edit mode, and just repeat the step on how you change the icon in Pinned Apps, when a window appear with the list of the apps, find mBoxMail and you see a text below the name of the app, THAT is the BundleID, you need to take down and replace the red part with that (case sensitive, it has to be exactly written as it appears in the list)

For your information, you need to edit two parts of the code, you find exactly the same code as the above, one is for portrait and one is for landscape

If you want to fix on how the widget handle the twitter (remove the horizontal scrolling) I'm afraid you can't to that, this is how the Dreamboard works sorry
    Hey there sorry for keeping on nagging u with annoying questions..Ok so let me understand this..I have to SSH into the iPad and when I go to Current.plist I have to find this

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <key>Image</key>
    </dict>

and instead of launch com.apple.mobilemail I have to change it to launch com.apple.mboxmail? am I understanding that right..and I guess I have to do that twice..wow wish there was an easier way of doing this, like clicking a button or something, would be So much easier :-)

Thanks

Hey there sorry for keeping on nagging u with annoying questions..Ok so let me understand this..I have to SSH into the iPad and when I go to Current.plist I have to find this

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <key>Image</key>
    </dict>

and instead of launch com.apple.mobilemail I have to change it to launch com.apple.mboxmail? am I understanding that right..and I guess I have to do that twice..wow wish there was an easier way of doing this, like clicking a button or something, would be So much easier :-)
    I don't think the bundle id for mboxmail is that one, find the exact bundle id by going to the edit mode, edit the pinned apps and you will see the correct bundle id under the app name.

you see the grey text under the app name ? THAT is the bundle id you need to use

Green Apple
    Thanks

ThE theme is great just that I was wondering if the Facebook wedgit can be replace by something. The mobile version is kinda funny with it.. And also for ppl who have smart cover. How long does it take to make the whole thing rotates. Just see if I can help on anything or learn some fixing the theme. Great theme btw just want to tweak to fit my style

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ohhh I see what your saying..Ok so once I find that then I can change it..now how will I be sure that Im changing it for both portrait and landscape mode, since I guess I want it changed for both of them..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xX_Dog_Food_Xx View Post
    Hey there,
    I was curious if someone can tell me how to increase the number of Big icon pages. if anyone has the answer, please don't hesitate to respond. thnx to everybody and thanks to falcon for this masterpiece!

PS: sorry about posting in the other thread, i couldn't find this one.

EDIT: Guys, I cracked it!

I figured out how to add more big icon pages that are scrollable.

To do so, first look for the bigicons key.

under the bigicons key, there is another key that says contentheight.

by default, it is 1528.

the first application has a FrameY of 3.

subtract 1528 by 3 and you get 1525. that is the length of 2 pages.

if you add 1525 on top of the 1528, you should get 3053.

Replace the ContentHeight with 3053, and you will have 4 pages.

IMPORTANT: You can only have an even number of pages.
    For reasons unbeknownst to me, any value with a decimal does not load. if you try to have just 1 extra page, it will end up with a number with a .5 at the end. I have personally tested this and it leaves you with a black screen. If you want more pages, you can only have an even number of pages.

As far as I know, the same applies for the landscape version as well.
    Is that possible, when yes, can please anyone help us out with that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do I change the order of the SBicons? id like my ipod, and settings be in the top 5. i tried copy/paste in current.plist to put youtube in ipod's slot, and vice versa, re-sprung and no dice. thanks again falcon for my bat suit avatar, my theme is looking pretty damn sick so far!

Green Apple
    Thanks

FINALLY figured out how to change names on those widgets(Or icons, whatever you call them) to show what I want..so I changed the gmail one to mboxmail..and mboxmail does now open, but the icon for gmail is still there..so I need to know what I have to put here
    how do I change &lt;string&gt;/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBicons/Gmail.png&lt;/string&gt; to mboxmail..do I just get rid of gmail.png
    and instead put in mboxmail.png..is that how its done..thanks again for your help!
    Oh one more thing..I notice in youtube videos of this theme that the applications folder on the top when opened is really big, a HUGE square box, mine is big but not THAT big just wondering how I Can expand it to make it larger..thanks

Thanks

can someone please make me these big icons facetime photobooth & mmi app and contacts thanks in advance.

Thanks

FINALLY figured out how to change names on those widgets(Or icons, whatever you call them) to show what I want..so I changed the gmail one to mboxmail..and mboxmail does now open, but the icon for gmail is still there..so I need to know what I have to put here
    how do I change &lt;string&gt;/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBicons/Gmail.png&lt;/string&gt; to mboxmail..do I just get rid of gmail.png
    and instead put in mboxmail.png..is that how its done..thanks again for your help!
    Oh one more thing..I notice in youtube videos of this theme that the applications folder on the top when opened is really big, a HUGE square box, mine is big but not THAT big just wondering how I Can expand it to make it larger..thanks
    You have to make sure mBoxMail.png exist in SBIcons folder (case sensitive) and just change gmail.png to the exact name of the icon name that should do it

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    can someone please make me these big icons facetime photobooth & mmi app and contacts thanks in advance.
    mmi and contacts have already been made, check here http://photobucket.com/BoxorHD

I will make Photobooth for you in awhile

edit: there ya go

Thanks

Hey bro, so tomorrow is Friday so where is the teaser for BoxorHD for iPad Ceramic White? Lol

Thanks

Thank you I looked on photo bucket but no FaceTime can you make this last one thank you again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You have to make sure mBoxMail.png exist in SBIcons folder (case sensitive) and just change gmail.png to the exact name of the icon name that should do it

mmi and contacts have already been made, check here http://photobucket.com/BoxorHD

I will make Photobooth for you in awhile

edit: there ya go

Thank you so much for responding to me. I am sorry to be such a nuisance with this but what is the SBIcons folder? Is that the applications folder or the pinned apps folder? So I just write down exactly how the app is called in the SBIcons folder folder and change gmail.png to that? Wait..Ok edit this post..is the SBIcons folder what I SSH into the iPad..I think I saw an SBIcons folder in there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    Hey bro, so tomorrow is Friday so where is the teaser for BoxorHD for iPad Ceramic White? Lol
    Promise is a promise

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Thank you I looked on photo bucket but no FaceTime can you make this last one thank you again.
    there ya go

more icons: http://photobucket.com/BoxorHD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to falcon212 For This Useful Post:

AuStynburg (07-15-2011)

Thanks

Promise is a promise

there ya go

more icons: http://photobucket.com/BoxorHD
    Bro! Now that looks so amazing! So can't wait for the release!! Now my white iPhone 4 and white iPad 2 can match!!!! your so the man bro!! Another amazing job!! You never fail amaze!