+ Reply
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boxor HD for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I installed this on my iPad 2 a bit ago and have tweaked the sidebar a little. The only problem I seem to be having is trying to get to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I installed this on my iPad 2 a bit ago and have tweaked the sidebar a little. The only problem I seem to be having is trying to get to my running apps... It isn't pushing Boxor up and out of the way and is popping up UNDER it while sliding it to the right slightly - in landscape mode.

Any ideas? This makes it tough to change programs!

The only other thing I see is with regards to the LiveWeather app. When more than one line of text is under the city it doesn't slide it up so it ends up overflowing outside of the app. There's plenty of room on the left side to slide the whole of it up or to make it so the city/text will automatically slide up if needed. Yes? Something I can do on my end?

And the only other oddity I see is that I can't seem to login with the Facebook app you include. No idea why and if I respring it tends to just disappear or at least the inside content does. I have to reboot the device to get it back.

Oh and great job on this. This is probably the best thing I've put on my iPad so far!
    Last edited by ionblue; 07-07-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrewQuinz View Post
    Do I have to click rotate every time I turn the iPad?
    Yes because se you are actually switching to a different layout...

Quote Originally Posted by ionblue View Post
    I installed this on my iPad 2 a bit ago and have tweaked the sidebar a little. The only problem I seem to be having is trying to get to my running apps... It isn't pushing Boxor up and out of the way and is popping up UNDER it while sliding it to the right slightly - in landscape mode.

Any ideas? This makes it tough to change programs!

The only other thing I see is with regards to the LiveWeather app. When more than one line of text is under the city it doesn't slide it up so it ends up overflowing outside of the app. There's plenty of room on the left side to slide the whole of it up or to make it so the city/text will automatically slide up if needed. Yes? Something I can do on my end?

And the only other oddity I see is that I can't seem to login with the Facebook app you include. No idea why and if I respring it tends to just disappear or at least the inside content does. I have to reboot the device to get it back.

Oh and great job on this. This is probably the best thing I've put on my iPad so far!
    That is because the theme is "forced" into landscape and your ipad goes to landscape, so if your theme is landscape and your ipad is in portrait it will popup correctly, i am not sure if this is soemthing falcon can fix or if it is a limitation at the moment.

I am not sure what you mean with the live weather, could you post a screenshot? You may just have to play with the code till you get it adjusted jsut right for you. Go to Dreamboard/Widgets/LiveWeather/ and make the changes in style.css.

For the facebook issue, check your folder permissions for the theme and make sure they are all R, W, E.
    Last edited by Moose0704; 07-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose0704 View Post
    Yes because se you are actually switching to a different layout...

That is because the theme is "forced" into landscape and your ipad goes to landscape, so if your theme is landscape and your ipad is in portrait it will popup correctly, i am not sure if this is soemthing falcon can fix or if it is a limitation at the moment.

I am not sure what you mean with the live weather, could you post a screenshot? You may just have to play with the code till you get it adjusted jsut right for you. Go to Dreamboard/Widgets/LiveWeather/ and make the changes in style.css.

For the facebook issue, check your folder permissions for the theme and make sure they are all R, W, E.
    I managed to correct the Live Weather thing by moving the div up slightly in the styles.

I made the entire folder for the theme 777 and am able to edit icons and whatnot so I don't know what else to do on the Facebook thing. I was finally able to login, but if I respring for whatever reason I lose the contents of the widget so I have to reboot to see it. Odd...

Thanks

I managed to correct the Live Weather thing by moving the div up slightly in the styles.

I made the entire folder for the theme 777 and am able to edit icons and whatnot so I don't know what else to do on the Facebook thing. I was finally able to login, but if I respring for whatever reason I lose the contents of the widget so I have to reboot to see it. Odd...
    Are you on the lates version of DB 1.1.4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Are you on the lates version of DB 1.1.4?
    Yes I am.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is just a teaser for falcon when he wakes up lol, I am not saying he will make this but how many thinks he should??

@falcon, here is a little teaser for you of how nice this would look! I don't have your talent but it gives you a really good idea

Attachment 534332
    @moose how did you get a white one? I NEED that for my white ipad! is it hard to do?

Thanks

Yes I am.
    When you set permissions onset he folder did you apply to hierarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by AuStynburg View Post
    @moose how did you get a white one? I NEED that for my white ipad! is it hard to do?
    It is not a white theme just a mockup I did to tease falcon lol I wish/hope he makes it then we can all have it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When you set permissions onset he folder did you apply to hierarchy?
    Ummm.... No I didn't. Didn't even see that in iFile. Still getting used to it.

I applied it and have resprung (wow that sounds dirty) a few times and it seems to like it. Thanks for the assist on that.

So the minor thing I see is that the small icons and text could be clearer as they seem to be a bit fuzzy at the moment. I think I read something about that earlier on and it's something to do with DB, yes? Not much to do with that I suppose.

Anyway, enough bitchin'. This theme engine totally rocks and I think actually makes the iPad more fun/easier to use. Would be nice to more easily swap out the facebook widget with something else, though. Think I read somewhere on here how to do that... I'll probably look into that at some point.

Keep up the good work Falcon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ionblue For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I'm trying to change some of the big icons but I'm having a problem. I can't seem to get Cut The Rope to launch, I can get the image to change but it won't launch. I'm editing it to launch com.chillingo.cuttherope but nothing. Has the bundle ID changed or any ideas?
    Last edited by Dave Diddy; 07-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it possible to have the theme rotate the other way (in landscape)? Is it just coding, or does Dreamboard not allow for rotation with the home button on the left?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    this is my first time as theme on my ipad2, So i got Dreamboard install..but would like to play with it to learn. all i see free iphone version in dreamboard...so i apply that.. it don't play right on my ipad2, because i have hard time to close it and no icon on it.. so is any free dreamboard theme out there... before i get this * Boxor HD-Ipad* . I'm all ready to pay it.

Thanks

Well this is how far i got today with my theme:

Only thing i need to get is a twitter client i can crop to that small space and replace facebook with the word twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leopodie View Post
    Well this is how far i got today with my theme:

Only thing i need to get is a twitter client i can crop to that small space and replace facebook with the word twitter
    Looks good mate, 2 questions for you.
    1:Is the iPod icon active? If so, how did you change it?
    2: how do you add large icons to the scroller? Or at least change them to apps I use often.

Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2: how do you add large icons to the scroller? Or at least change them to apps I use often.

Thanks!!

In the Boxor file you downloaded in the ReadMe folder there are instructions on how to customize the large icons and other things

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diddy View Post

Thanks!!

In the Boxor file you downloaded in the ReadMe folder there are instructions on how to customize the large icons and other things
    yeah i saw that, but it's not really detailed, I was hoping for a little bit more step by step

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philfree23 View Post
    yeah i saw that, but it's not really detailed, I was hoping for a little bit more step by step
    there's only 2 things you need to edit. first you need to change what application is launching either through ifile or a text edit program on your computer and transfer it over. For example: <array><string>launch com.apple.mobilesafari</string></array> will launch safari so you need to go in and change the com.apple.mobilesafari to whatever bundle id you want, like com.saurik.Cydia. Then you need to change the image file which is a couple lines below the bundle id. For example safari's says (<string>$ROOT/SBicons/Safari.png</string>), so again you just need to change the "safari.png" to the corresponding icon you're launching, "Cydia.png". In ifile you can look into the SBicons to see which applications he has icons for or there's a link somewhere in this thread to download more icons.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diddy For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there's only 2 things you need to edit. first you need to change what application is launching either through ifile or a text edit program on your computer and transfer it over. For example: <array><string>launch com.apple.mobilesafari</string></array> will launch safari so you need to go in and change the com.apple.mobilesafari to whatever bundle id you want, like com.saurik.Cydia. Then you need to change the image file which is a couple lines below the bundle id. For example safari's says (<string>$ROOT/SBicons/Safari.png</string>), so again you just need to change the "safari.png" to the corresponding icon you're launching, "Cydia.png". In ifile you can look into the SBicons to see which applications he has icons for or there's a link somewhere in this thread to download more icons.
    Now That I can understand!
    Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ipad 2 is looking good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boxor HD for iPad-photo.png  

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diddy For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-07-2011)

Thanks

Ipad 2 is looking good
    Oooooo I like that wallpaper, care to share?

Ipad 2 is looking good
    Use this code in your style.css under dreamboard/widgets/liveweather to fix your triple digit temp, I had to do it as well

}
    #temp{
    position:absolute;
    font-weight:300;
    font-size: 30px;
    top:103px;
    left:326px;
    width:40px;
    text-align:right;
    z-index:1;
    }
    #apm{
    font-size:15px;
    color:transparent;
    top:103px;
    left:-100px;
    z-index:4;
    }
    #high{
    top:104px;
    left:388px;
    }
    #low{
    top:124px;
    left:388px;
    }

Here is what mine looks like with that code

Boxor HD for iPad-imageuploadedbymodmyi1310086982.636362.jpg
    Last edited by Moose0704; 07-07-2011 at 07:02 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose0704 For This Useful Post:

falcon212 (07-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for that code, it was bugging me. here's that wall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boxor HD for iPad-bg9.jpg