+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP] Midnight Dreamboard theme for iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Pathkiller29 - you might like to start a separate thread for the iPhone version as most people here are looking for an iPad theme. I'm not really into theming but
    Thanks

Pathkiller29 - you might like to start a separate thread for the iPhone version as most people here are looking for an iPad theme.

I'm not really into theming but recently found Glass Orb and started looking in the theming forum and when Cody posted that there would be separate tags for DreamBoard I bought it only to find a dearth of themed for the iPad.

I then found I needed to spend another $4 for iFile so have only donated $1 so far for this theme even though it's probably had a lot more time spent on it than most.

I know very little about theming in general and bugger all about Dream Board so please bear with me.

I've only just got this so - first impressions, very good, but no portrait? DB limitation? then that's a problem. Going in to apps, they appear in portrait mode, which is strange, and I have a lot. Any way of searching them? That's as far as I've got (I did need to reboot as it hung when I first installed it but it hasn't since)

Just the first impressions of someone who really doesn't know what he's doing. So take it as you will.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Confucious if you want some toggable widget setup with some super secy looking widgets that rotate you should check out Keons widgetboard here. It uses lockinfo instead of DreamBoard so the widgets rotate but he also made it DB style so clicking in different setups will instantly toggle the new setup with different widgets. The no rotation is somewhat of a limitation iPad DB theming but hopefully it'll be solved soon enough and this theme looks awesome

Thanks

Thanks SnowLeo - I got Keons widgets when they first came out but don't have lockinfo. He will confirm that I really don't know what I'm doing ]

DreamBoard looks very promising, I've been impressed so far, but selling it when it is still so obviously beta will put a lot of people off.

Like I say, I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to theming, but I really don't think I'm alone in that. Money will be made when people can just install from cydia and have it work.

On another note - I now have to find out how to put my local code in to the weather part of the theme - it is a pain every time I get a new theme with weather, surely it is not beyond the wit of man to write an app that does it for you? No money in it and no kudos as being a theme writer so I guess no incentive to do what should be fairly easy.

I'll have to think about that one.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Keon has had lockinfo rotating versions of his original widgets since a little after he first released. His widgetboard theme is all lockinfo widgets that rotate and are togglable but I'm not sure if he released it yet or not

Thanks

His widgets are great - but we now have WB, Lockinfo and now DB

DB seems like it could be very good, but if no one supports it then it could die very quickly.

I don't know enough to predict anything - but DB seems to have more possibilities?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Confucious if you want some toggable widget setup with some super secy looking widgets that rotate you should check out Keons widgetboard here. It uses lockinfo instead of DreamBoard so the widgets rotate but he also made it DB style so clicking in different setups will instantly toggle the new setup with different widgets. The no rotation is somewhat of a limitation iPad DB theming but hopefully it'll be solved soon enough and this theme looks awesome
    u can rotate widgets if ur smart
    look at these

3/4 widgets were rotated by JesseD i just rotated the tile game
    its not that hard
    its only hard to rotate web page widgets

Can Anyone guess when im release Midnight~iPhone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [WIP] Midnight Dreamboard theme for iPad-img_0493.png   [WIP] Midnight Dreamboard theme for iPad-img_0494.png   [WIP] Midnight Dreamboard theme for iPad-img_0495.png  

Thanks

@JesseD
    should i add more features? (change wallpaper)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    His widgets are great - but we now have WB, Lockinfo and now DB

DB seems like it could be very good, but if no one supports it then it could die very quickly.

I don't know enough to predict anything - but DB seems to have more possibilities?
    DB absolutely has more possibilities and it's anything but dead for the iPhone themes. A staff member had add a way to separate between winterboard and DB themes. There's tons of amazing iPhone DreamBoard themes out there and you should check them out. It's really awesome to be able to use complex custom themes with interative widgets and toggles and switch between them without respring.

The only issue though is when it comes to iPad theming rotation is not possible. Lockinfo widgets have been around for a while but few themers chose to use it because lockinfo is paid app and they can just make it through winterboard.

The issue though comes with iPad themes which there aren't many out there the themers basically have to choose to make it only portrait or only landscape especially if they want to use widgets and this problem also exists with DreamBoard due to lack of rotation support.

Keon realized this for iPad and began making lockinfo widgets but now figured out how to add DreamBoard-like easy setup switching/widget toggling via lockinfo

Thanks

MIDNIGHT IPHONE RELEASED!!!
    link below

HERE

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

anyone else getting errors when running the installer on the deb? Im on 4.2.1 iPad 1 running DB1.1 purchased and it wont install:

reads database
    unpacking com.jessedegenerate.rain (from .../DreamBoard/Midnight_v0.3.deb)...
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (broken pipe)
    dpkg: error processing /var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Midnight_v0.3.deb (--install);
    short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during './Dreamboard/Midnight/Widgets/appleweather/Private/Icon Sets/HTC/30.png')
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/mobile/Library/CreamBoard/Midnight_v0.3.deb

Finished with result code:256

Im assuming this is because im on DB 1.1 and not 1.2?
    If you think Im serious, thats funny.

Thanks

There is no v1.2. He was using a really old version .02!

Thanks

There is no 1.2 yet?
    Just make a folder called
    DreamBoard in the directory of the deb file then unarchive the deb.. The theme folder should be in ur dreamboard folder
    Cut and paste it into the right dreamboard directory

Thanks

Tried that as well. Get:
    Processing archive: /var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Midnight/Midnight_v0.3.deb
    Error: can not open file as archive
    Finished with result code: 512

Thanks

Whoops.. Forgot
    First use zip viewer and take out data file
    The unarchive that file

Thanks

haha! I get:
    Error The zip file is not valid

its a .deb...

Anyone? Going into a meeting in 25 minutes and would like this theme on beforehand
    Last edited by Turb02; 04-21-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone lazyburns's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    haha! I get:
    Error The zip file is not valid

its a .deb...

Anyone? Going into a meeting in 25 minutes and would like this theme on beforehand
    Use installer in file instead of unarchiver?

Thanks

Ive tried that. Post #91...

does anyone have this in an actual zip file?
    Last edited by Turb02; 04-22-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Anyone? Did this thread die? Any update on this theme available so I can retry the install?

Thanks

You can unpack deb files if you have a *nix.

it's by no means dead. I was waiting for an update which i think i got. Now it's time to get to work (when i have time)
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

iPhone? More like MyPhone lazyburns's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, rotation support has now been added to dreamboard

+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast