Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf 4 iPad Port

Cool Buuf 4 iPad Port
    UPDATED: 12th Jan 2011 - CHECK BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR FIRST ALPHA RELEASE!

Ok, well I've got to work on the porting and considering I've not touched iOS for ages, It's going well for my first few hours of playing. You will NEED to be on 4.2.1 to use this theme when it is released, due to the file name changes from 3.2.1 / 3.2.2

**DONE SO FAR**

*Started building a bundle list of commonly-used apps with buuf4 icons made by Stereo69. Icons have been sized to 100x100 to display correctly
    *Renamed Buuf4 iPhone HD to Buuf 4 HD iPad to allow me to disinguish and compare themes
    *Replaced Dock with iPad Buuf Dock - Thanks to Stereo!
    *Replaced Remove application "X" with buuf4 version
    *Replaced Folder Icon with buuf4 version
    *Replaced UIsounds with buuf4 sounds
    *Replaced Media Quick controls with buuf version *Needs tweaking*
    *Test theming the iPad's media Player with some graphics provided by Doreen / Stereo! *Very different from the iPhone's set-up, so it's going to take some time*

**SCREENSHOTS**

**PRIORITY LIST TO DO**

*Work out how to remove shadows of icons in the Multi-task / Quick tray - Help appreciated? - DONE JAN 9TH
    *Change Quick Launch bar background to something more "Buufy" - DONE JAN 9TH
    *Continue building bundles list for all of my applications and commonly used apps
    *Start skinning the Settings panel with correct buuf icons - CURRENTLY WORKING ON!

I've attached some screenshots of my efforts to date. I'll continue further over the weekend. Obviously I'll need help from Stereo with some of the graphics.

Building the bundles is a right pain in the back-side and is very time consuming. Add to the fact that the UI dump i'm using is from 3.2.2, I'm having to learn things on the go as well as manually find .plist data to make the icons work! Unlike the iPhone, the iPad uses a LOT of different icon names!

At least the progress so far looks good!

**DOWNLOAD SECTION**

Downloads of all releases will be found here!

Release 0.1(Alpha) - http://www.4shared.com/file/xh0dGBhX/BuufiPadHD.html

When adding buuf icons, you'll need to downsize them from 128x128 to 100x100. I'll get all the icons released so far re-sized some time over the weekend if I get the chance....my time is short at the moment.

**CREDITS**

Manhattan - The original guru behind Buuf! - Thanks for the awesome concept!
    Stereo89 - Continued support with brilliant Icons! Without him, Buuf wouldn't be alive still.
    Doreen - Her brilliant work along with Stereo have made Buuf iPhone 4 HD possible. Without that, there wouldn't be anything to port!
    babybuufey! - Used some sounds and icons from his Buuf iPhone theme
    DSG - iPad UI advice and tips!
    ME! - For spending ages building bundles and porting it!

I'll update the credits some more tomorrow, it's nearly 4am now and I've been working on this all night!
    Last edited by RiSq; 01-13-2011 at 05:38 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiSq For This Useful Post:

alexeiei (04-11-2011), HVC (04-04-2011), kimvy (02-05-2011)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (06-05-2012), SeptemberC (01-03-2011)

good luck guys

Yes! Been looking for this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

im on board

have u skinned or got any icons on yours yet ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

O.K... now I'm even more depressed that I don't have an iPad ;( just kidding
    good luck guys!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone priezti's Avatar
    Thanks

If this hasnt been ported by anyone else by the time I have ported another theme, I might have a bash and help out as good themes are few and far between

Thanks

i have done a bit priezti

will upload pics now

Last edited by Westside83uk; 01-04-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,187 Posts

Wessssss side! Sorry everytime I see your nic I automatically think of Westside Connection: YouTube - Westside Connection "Gangsta Nation" (which I love)

Anyways, that looks excellent! Maybe Stereo can resize the wall for you and do the Dock and the Springboard Badge? Some of the firsthand things that automatically jump out at you? He would need the correct dimensions of those items (and of course the willingness and time to do so)

But that looks great! So is winterboard fully able to support all the "Same" elements such as the Dock and SB Badge? or are those not supported in WB?

Also the Status Bar is no longer able to be skinned in WB (until Saurik updates WB if he ever does)
    So what I do is paint that onto the wall so it looks like it still has the Status Bar themed.

Actually do you have all the iPad OS images? It would be easier if you just upload the default images and if WB supports all the same things like it does for the iPhone this won't be too hard for you at all (looks like you only need a few more things)
    Last edited by Doreen; 01-04-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i'll be honest all i have changed is icons!

everything worked straight out of the iphone 4 one

as for changes im willing to learn and have a go at anything u can see wrong. I have a untrained eye so its helpful for you guys to let me know wha looks wrong and wha needs changing etc.

all help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

That's a surprise! So I see alot of the GUI Stereo made looks like it took when it loaded the theme? I would think all he needs to do is have the proper dimensions then so he can make the images properly (so they don't get all stretched and fuzzy/grainy looking and this would be fairly easy) If he sees this maybe he will respond and/or the next time me and him chit chat I will ask him if he is up to working w/ you on this. That way the images look perfect. He is a perfectionist!

You did a great job! (bundles are work) hehe!

But the only thing I'm noticing are a few things such as the Dock, SB Badge, and a few GUI elements did not theme nor did the Browser (and also the Wall needs to be resized)

Quote Originally Posted by RiSq View Post
    Hi all,

Starting this thread as I think it would be a good idea for some of you iPad enthuasiasts to assist in getting Buuf ported to the iPad.

Obviously we have to do it a different way to the iPhone, so a direct port doesn't work. If we can start by getting the icons across that Stereo has created then that will be a start.

I think Buuf will look awesome on the iPad due to it's screen real estate. What do you guys think?

So who's up for assisting. I'm pretty sure Stereo is interested in getting involved, but I know Doreen doesn't have much time, so if we want to get it over it will involve more work from the community.

Post your views here and whether you can assist.

Thanks
    RiSq yeah I'm so sorry I wish I had the time to really jump into this w/ you guys but I'm getting ready to return to working full time and I wouldn't want to start something I may not be able to finish. But I think if you guys pull all the iPad's default GUI images off and upload them somewhere that everyone can get their hands on them (specially Stereo) then everyone can grab a piece of the pie and make a really nice Buuf iPad theme.

I'm surprised WB even supports it. Since Saurik seems to have dropped the ball on Winterboard lately and left all of his fans hanging. (I'm missing the "per page" theming on the iPhone badly!)
    Last edited by Doreen; 01-04-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

the dock needs a to be in the Folders folder in same folder as bundles + UIImages

e.g Buuf.theme>Folders>Springboard.app> [images in here]

SBDockBG-Landscape~ipad = needs to be 1024x64
    SBDockBG-Portrait~ipad = needs to be 768x64

alot of the UIImages need resizing and renaming, a guide would help, cant wait to finish the theme im porting
    Last edited by priezti; 01-04-2011 at 06:36 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-25-2012)

Thanks

Hooray! I see Stereo is jumping in on this! I'd like to see how it looks when that dock is applied! Could you post a ss Westside? Only if you have time please. Thanks!

This will be cool...

Thanks

landscape looks tiny bit small....

keep them coming guys starting to enjoy this haha

wooooo...

i'm looking for this!

keep going

Looks great. I have jail broken iPad I'd like to try,

Thanks

can some one be a hero and post the stock foldericonbg~ipad