+ Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf 4 iPad Port

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
just wondering....is this still being worked on?
    What's Jailbreak? lvl.swiftwind's Avatar
    Thanks

just wondering....is this still being worked on?

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

Yep....

Don't have much time though. Trying to get the UI and technical stuff sort then I will start converting icons to the correct size.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm trying to make theme for my iPad 2 and think best way is to go with bundle. My question is how do I know whats the bundle naming should be for all third party apps? I can see and copy the system bundles naming from iphone theme but not sure how to get the naming for other apps?

Any help or right direction would be very help ful. I've assign this weekend to myself fot ipad theme. So lets hope for the best.

regards
    Nitten

Thanks

Hi Nitten,

Try a cydia app called AppInfo. It will give you all the bundle identifiers and icon names for all original, installed appstore and cydia apps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Hi Nitten,

Try a cydia app called AppInfo. It will give you all the bundle identifiers and icon names for all original, installed appstore and cydia apps.
    Thanks sjbtax

I made bundles but somehow icon in bundles are not working. Could you please let me know what name i should put for icons in bundles? is it "icon", "Icon", "Icon-72", "icon-72" or name of the apps?

Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Thanks sjbtax

I made bundles but somehow icon in bundles are not working. Could you please let me know what name i should put for icons in bundles? is it "icon", "Icon", "Icon-72", "icon-72" or name of the apps?

Regards
    Hi Nitten,

Unfortunately they're all different. App info should give you access to that information also. Alternatively let me know which ones you need and I'll try to help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Someone else has ported this and is making an official iPad version and will be charging money for it. So I guess this thread will be deleted? I think if the iPhone version is free, then so should the iPad version...

Edit: nevermind. I guess he's taking donations for it now by email but he's gonna release it for free when it's official. That's cool!
    Last edited by D_LA_ROC; 07-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Nitten,

Unfortunately they're all different. App info should give you access to that information also. Alternatively let me know which ones you need and I'll try to help.
    Thanks for offering your help I really appreciate that. As You have suggested I have tried with all icon naming shown in appinfo but unfortunately they did work. Ill try few more thing today and see whats I come up with. I see on iphone buuf thread that there is new buuf ipad theme is in beta testing and will be released soon by taking that in account should you suggest even put my time into when a professional theme is just at the corner?

Do you know if is it really true or if anyone really got the theme yet by donating.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's gonna be a free theme (like all the buuf themes) but you can get an early exclusive sneak peak by donating. I seen someone who had it from donating and the screenshots looked great.

Thanks

Thanks for offering your help I really appreciate that. As You have suggested I have tried with all icon naming shown in appinfo but unfortunately they did work. Ill try few more thing today and see whats I come up with. I see on iphone buuf thread that there is new buuf ipad theme is in beta testing and will be released soon by taking that in account should you suggest even put my time into when a professional theme is just at the corner?

Do you know if is it really true or if anyone really got the theme yet by donating.
    Hi Nitten,

Yes, it's Bababooey creating the theme so it will be genuine.

However, it depends what you are after. Eric's Buuf versions tend to be somewhat darker than those of the iPhone themes that you frequent so if you are looking for something more along those lines then you still may have to look at working on it yourself. After all that's the fun of it isn't it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi Nitten,

Yes, it's Bababooey creating the theme so it will be genuine.

However, it depends what you are after. Eric's Buuf versions tend to be somewhat darker than those of the iPhone themes that you frequent so if you are looking for something more along those lines then you still may have to look at working on it yourself. After all that's the fun of it isn't it?
    Hi Sjbtax,

Yes you are right in this. I got the theme from Eric and it is very hardcore and not like the one we have for iphone. I no mean saying it is not good. It is brilliant in its own way but I think I might not be happy to keep most of the stuff what in there now. I will go ahead and try modifying it to the point it will be satisfactory for me like icons, highlighter, popup text (it says f***off instead of cancel ) etc.

Now thanks for you guys I have 95% of buufed icon made for my iphone and I am using most of the same application in ipad as well. I tried optimizing the iphone buufed icon from 128x128 to 72x72 but they are not coming out clear like i have on iphone. They are coming pixelated and distorted. I am using Photoshop and reducing the image size from 128 pix to 72 pix keeping same resolution.

Could you please suggest me how I can make them crystal clear for ipad? I really don’t want to ask this on thread as you guys already helped me a lot for icons and it will be not fair if I ask you to re make the same icons for ipad when I know if I have right direction I can do it by myself and help others by posting them all here.

Once I'll finish with these icons I will move to putting these icons in bundles.

Let me know please if you can suggest me any software/options/process to convert iphone buuf icons to ipad buuf icons.

Here are the few icons which i converted for ipad but after applying them onto ipad they come very bad in quality.

Name:  Dublin Bus_iphone.png
Views: 652
Size:  13.8 KBName:  Dublin Bus_ipad.png
Views: 653
Size:  9.9 KBName:  Samurai2_ipad.png
Views: 653
Size:  16.6 KBBuuf 4 iPad Port-samurai2_iphone.pngName:  OBDII_ipad.png
Views: 654
Size:  8.6 KBName:  OBDII_iphone.png
Views: 639
Size:  13.0 KB

Thanks in advance
    Nitten.
    Last edited by Nittenyadhav; 07-18-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks

I have the theme installed, it looks AWESOME, but I was wondering whether anyone could help me with I.stall.ous icon? This one won't change only. I've used fsWipeCache, no joy. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Really enjoying the start of this theme. Have had buff infinity on my ip4 for awhile now. Where can i get a PSD to create my own icons? I have a few I'd like to change. Also I see some screenshots of people who already have created a few icons I'd like to use. Would someone mind posting/sharing their icons?
    Great Work

Also it'd be awesome if someone could make the buff htc style clock for the ipad
    Last edited by rjrankin83; 07-21-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Really hope you haven't given up on this. Trying to get some icons from the phone to my ipad but can't figure out how to get them to take. For example I've got a skyfire icon created a folder com.skyfire.browseripad in the bundles folder with my icon labeled Icon-72 it in but get nothing

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I use the buuf sbsettings in cydia on the iPad 2 on 4.3.3? I love this theme!
    Last edited by ssemmel; 07-24-2011 at 06:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really hope there is hope for this ipad theme. Currently my buuf icons are those of the default apps that come with the ipad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p4ra View Post
    I have the theme installed, it looks AWESOME, but I was wondering whether anyone could help me with I.stall.ous icon? This one won't change only. I've used fsWipeCache, no joy. Thanks.
    Hi,

You can change any icon on these theme took me while to figure this out as well. Remember if you make a separate icon folder all icons will come blurry and big so best to make bundles of you third party apps. And when you placed the icon in those bundles make sure to switch summerboard on and off to apply new icons other wise respiring will not work. Here are few screen shots of my iPad these. Please note I did not make any of these icon all most of them are provided by Doreen and sjbtax for my iPhone theme.

Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524405.113490.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524419.100311.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524431.002040.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524440.198297.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524449.836480.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524461.245202.jpg
    Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311524471.919621.jpg

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

rjrankin83 (07-24-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed it and wow what a theme. Does the buuf sbsettings theme work on iPad 2 on 4.3.3?

What's Jailbreak? lvl.swiftwind's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi,

You can change any icon on these theme took me while to figure this out as well. Remember if you make a separate icon folder all icons will come blurry and big so best to make bundles of you third party apps. And when you placed the icon in those bundles make sure to switch summerboard on and off to apply new icons other wise respiring will not work. Here are few screen shots of my iPad these. Please note I did not make any of these icon all most of them are provided by Doreen and sjbtax for my iPhone theme.

Attachment 537878
    Attachment 537879
    Attachment 537880
    Attachment 537881
    Attachment 537882
    Attachment 537883
    Attachment 537884

Hi can you upload the wallpaper you have with that theme?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lvl.swiftwind View Post
    Hi can you upload the wallpaper you have with that theme?
    Here you go my friend

Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1311536872.772370.jpg