Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf 4 iPad Port

Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Fixed VPN icon in statusbar, mail icon in settings app, skin of notes app and some more.

MrBerni

Hey,

My twitter app is not showing up correctly. I have the new buuf icon for it but it still shows the old one with the frame around it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Im using an iPad 2 on 5.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by s.Riley View Post
    Hey,

My twitter app is not showing up correctly. I have the new buuf icon for it but it still shows the old one with the frame around it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Im using an iPad 2 on 5.0.1.
    Did you install the original BUUF4iPad2-Theme along with my package for iOS5 (must be above the original theme in winterboard)?

MrBerni

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrberni For This Useful Post:

s.Riley (02-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mrberni View Post
    Did you install the original BUUF4iPad2-Theme along with my package for iOS5 (must be above the original theme in winterboard)?

MrBerni
    Thanks that helped! I also was playing around with many icons for my apps and this is what my springboard looks like.

-photo-1.png -photo-2.png

Do you or anyone else know if there are any icons for:

Temple Run
    GTA3
    Infinity Blade II
    Mortal Kombat3
    Soul Calibur

????

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not anywhere close to be any sort of a programer and get nervous going into files and deleting... what does the below do? I just don't want to mess anything up... Thanks.

go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and delete the content of that folder.
    •Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent and delete the content of that folder.
    •Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete files com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.X (should be six files) and file com.apple.SpringBoard.notificationCenterLinen

Quote Originally Posted by ssemmel View Post
    I am not anywhere close to be any sort of a programer and get nervous going into files and deleting... what does the below do? I just don't want to mess anything up... Thanks.

go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and delete the content of that folder.
    •Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent and delete the content of that folder.
    •Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete files com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.X (should be six files) and file com.apple.SpringBoard.notificationCenterLinen
    This is just to delete the icon cache prior to reboot.
    Deselect and the reselect the theme in winterboard followed by a respring should do the trick, too.

MrBerni

Thanks

This is just to delete the icon cache prior to reboot.
    Deselect and the reselect the theme in winterboard followed by a respring should do the trick, too.

MrBerni
    Thank you for replying. So do I need to delete these files? Can i just deselect the files reboot and then select them in winterboard and respring?

Quote Originally Posted by ssemmel View Post
    Thank you for replying. So do I need to delete these files? Can i just deselect the files reboot and then select them in winterboard and respring?
    Deselect and then reselect the theme followed by a respring should work.

MrBerni

Thanks

Thank you. Worked great. Is there a lockscreen?

I'm having problems getting the icons to show up without the mask around them. I have the buuf theme selected and the ios5 theme above it and have deleted the icon caches then rebooted but they are still there. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there a sbsettings theme and color keyboard for this?

Quote Originally Posted by cavman2004 View Post
    I'm having problems getting the icons to show up without the mask around them. I have the buuf theme selected and the ios5 theme above it and have deleted the icon caches then rebooted but they are still there. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there a sbsettings theme and color keyboard for this?
    This is a normal behaviour I think: All non-stock apps are automasked. Only if there is an icon for it in the Icons-folder of the theme they are not.
    Buuf SBsettings - theme can be found in cydia. As far as I know a Color Keyboard theme is not available for ipad.

MrBerni

This is a normal behaviour I think: All non-stock apps are automasked. Only if there is an icon for it in the Icons-folder of the theme they are not.
    Buuf SBsettings - theme can be found in cydia. As far as I know a Color Keyboard theme is not available for ipad.

MrBerni
    Yes I get that but the icons that are themed and in the folder are still getting auto masked. Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Anyone that could Help with this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

hi cavman!
    Try doing the following:

Use ssh, iFile or similar and navigate to
    System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework
    Locate these files:
    [email protected] (on iOS 4+)
    [email protected] (on iOS 4+)
    AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png (on iOS 5+)
    SmallAppIconMask@2x~iphone.png (on iOS 5+)
    DocumentBadgeMask@2x~iphone.png (on iOS 5+)
    [email protected] (on iOS 5+)
    [email protected] (on iOS 5+)
    Rename these files to:
    AppIconMask@2x_BAK.png (on iOS 4+)
    SmallAppIconMask@2x_BAK.png (on iOS 4+)
    AppIconMask@2x~iphone_BAK.png (on iOS 5+)
    SmallAppIconMask@2x~iphone_BAK.png (on iOS 5+)
    DocumentBadgeMask@2x~iphone_BAK.png (on iOS 5+)
    NotificationAppIconMask@2x_BAK.png (on iOS 5+)
    TableIconMask@2x_BAK.png (on iOS 5+)

If you wish to get the iconmasks back just remove the _BAK and u should be back to normal

Hm... Am I the only one who has some "too large" icons on that theme since the latest winterboard update?

MrBerni

New member saying hi! Just registered here and didn't read the 15 earlier threads.. yet

So, I made a small donation for BUUF4 back in April, I also sent an email but never got a reply or so. The donation was made to Eric Elm, I hope that's correct...

Anyway, I am wondering about two things -- first of all how can i get icon labels when using BUUF4? They're all gone... making my spouse very confused.

Also, yesterday I reinstalled my iPad 1 to iOS 5.1.1, jailbroke it again, reinstalled buuf. Now I notice that the blinking eyes background does not display correctly. Is there any particular order in which the buuf4 items must be set in winterboard?

Hope to read some reactions, great great theme, it's worth money / donations, that's for sure.

*EDIT* hmm it seems that there are different buuf themes, is that correct? In my case I am talking about, what is called in Cydia BUUF4iPad "BabaBuufey".
    Last edited by afterdinnerdip; 05-26-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Gah! Anyone else having all kinds of issues with 5.1.1? I lost everything but some of the stock stuff. Not sure how to fix it, either. Anyone else have any issues?

MrBerni! please let us know when you have any improvements on 5.1.1 thanks bud!

I just jailbroke my ipad 5.1.1 and installed the Buuf themes and now when i select the both in winterboard and reboot, the apps show no title. Can anyone help with this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Somewhere lost in the fog near San Francisco
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s.Riley View Post
    I just jailbroke my ipad 5.1.1 and installed the Buuf themes and now when i select the both in winterboard and reboot, the apps show no title. Can anyone help with this?
    Check out Post #157 Buuf 4 iPad Port

You can enter different colors. I put orange and it worked great!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast