Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf 4 iPad Port

Quote Originally Posted by TomCunningham View Post
    And the icon does get the frame, it's just not an image I recognize:

Attachment 566215

Here are the normal Death Rally icons:

Attachment 566216Attachment 566217Attachment 566218Attachment 566219Attachment 566220Attachment 566221

Thanks!
    Well, this icon IS the one included within the buuf-theme... Any alternatives?

MrBerni

Default sorry wrong reply
    Meant to reply to this post not the one earlier sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxnic View Post
    I'm guessing this isn't fully compatible with ios 5.0.1 on an iPad 2....I initially installed it, it worked when I respringed. Then when I tried to switch the background it just hung on the next re-spring. I restored, re-jailbroke, didn't restore from a backup, installed the theme again and same issue..Trying to respring from Winterboard doesn't work, I can hit the 'Respring' button repeatedly with no luck. Luckily, SBSettings can be used to force myself to Safe Mode where I can disable the theme and get back to a default jailbroken device. But I'm shedding tears here because this theme looked GREAT! I'm going to try installing the theme posted in this thread. The last two iterations I just went through were with the theme found in Cydia.

So once again, the theme appears to be fine...as long as I don't need to re-spring(the first time it hung when I tried to re-spring from SBSettings).

My configuration now:
    Jailbroken iPad 2
    iOS 5.0.1
    Nothing extra except Cydia, SBSettings Winterboard and its dependencies installed
    Buuf4 "Babafooey" (or whatever the name is called in Cydia) installed
    Summerboard turned off

I shall post back on the experience using the download link here. I think I'm willing to live with it the way it is though

Ok, all links are dead, so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope nothing extremely catastrophic happens, because I love this theme that much!
    Max I ran into the same issue. A work around for this is to respring using Activator method and assigning the respring button sequence (i used "pushing both volume up and down buttons simultaneously). Of course if you find yourself needing to force a restart no need to re-JB and re-install, just depress Home and Power buttons simultaneously and Hold them "beyond" slide to power off option till the screen go's black and apple logo appears then let go. Hope this helps.

Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and post #227 for instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Added correctly sized icons for folders within mail app.

MrBerni

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrberni View Post
    Well, this icon IS the one included within the buuf-theme... Any alternatives?
    Just the ones attached to post #280. Do you need their assigned filenames?

Quote Originally Posted by TomCunningham View Post
    Just the ones attached to post #280. Do you need their assigned filenames?
    Hm, that original icon has not the buuf-style we need.
    But I included a different one from the BUUF4iPhone-thread. Just have a look at it.

Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and post #227 for instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Added new icon for Death Rally and Fruit Ninja.
    Name:  death rally.png
Views: 584
Size:  11.0 KB Name:  Fruit Ninja.png
Views: 586
Size:  10.7 KB

MrBerni

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrberni For This Useful Post:

TomCunningham (02-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hm, that original icon has not the buuf-style we need.
    But I included a different one from the BUUF4iPhone-thread. Just have a look at it.
    Mighty fine, thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mrpresto's Avatar
    Thanks

What's around here for automasks???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Changes: Added new icon for Death Rally and Fruit Ninja.
    Weird. I still get the old icon.

Has anyone been able to figure this out yet? I still get Buufed Icons displaying Automask.

The following from the SS are a few that are affected.

- Remote HD
    - Pages
    - Keynote
    - Numbers
    - iMovie
    - iBooks

to name a few. Ive tried a lot of things mentioned in this thread to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Im running an iPad2/IOS 5.0.1

Aloha

-photo.png

Quote Originally Posted by kaliman808 View Post
    Has anyone been able to figure this out yet? I still get Buufed Icons displaying Automask.

The following from the SS are a few that are affected.

- Remote HD
    - Pages
    - Keynote
    - Numbers
    - iMovie
    - iBooks

to name a few. Ive tried a lot of things mentioned in this thread to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Im running an iPad2/IOS 5.0.1

Aloha

-photo.png
    Noticed that, too. Seems to be an issue with icon size and the auto-mask-feature. Remember: I just adapted content from the original BUUF4iPad-Theme to match iOS 5 while still waiting for the official iOS 5-compatible release from Bababooey13.

Changes: Fixed icons for:
    • Clock Pro
    • Death Rally
    • Dropbox
    • eBay
    • Facebook
    • Fruit Ninja HD
    • Fruit Ninja
    • GarageBand
    • iBooks
    • iMovie
    • Keynote
    • Numbers
    • Pages
    • Remote HD
    • Twitter

Anything missing? :-)

MrBerni

Noticed that, too. Seems to be an issue with icon size and the auto-mask-feature. Remember: I just adapted content from the original BUUF4iPad-Theme to match iOS 5 while still waiting for the official iOS 5-compatible release from Bababooey13.

Changes: Fixed icons for:
    • Clock Pro
    • Death Rally
    • Dropbox
    • eBay
    • Facebook
    • Fruit Ninja HD
    • Fruit Ninja
    • GarageBand
    • iBooks
    • iMovie
    • Keynote
    • Numbers
    • Pages
    • Remote HD
    • Twitter

Anything missing? :-)

MrBerni
    Awesome brutha! Props for your help and quick response. May I ask what the icon size was that you changed too to be accepted by the theme? I tried a few to no avail✌

Quote Originally Posted by kaliman808 View Post
    Awesome brutha! Props for your help and quick response. May I ask what the icon size was that you changed too to be accepted by the theme? I tried a few to no avail✌
    The icon size is 76x76. Just name the icon the way the app is "called" on your springboard and put the file within the "Icons"-Folder of the theme.

MrBerni

Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and new instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Added background for notification center.

MrBerni

Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Changed icons for twitter and facebook notifications.

MrBerni

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[*]Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and delete the content of that folder.[*]Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent and delete the content of that folder.[*]Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete files com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.X (should be six files) and file com.apple.SpringBoard.notificationCenterLinen

MrBerni
    Hi MrBerni, Just a question, why do I need to delete those files? I get awful cautious if I'm not told to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by rmanson View Post
    Hi MrBerni, Just a question, why do I need to delete those files? I get awful cautious if I'm not told to back them up.
    Hi,

these files are only caches. The system re-creates them after boot. They must be deleted because if you change the theme, the iOS continues to use the cached files and will not reflect the changes.
    If you dare to delete the cache, just go to themes in winterboard, de-select and the re-select the buuf-theme and respring. Should work...

MrBerni

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought thats what it was, but i'm a bit paranoid and had to be sure. Thanks again

If you are looking for a buuf-like font: Install BytaFont from cydia along with the "Akbar" font.

MrBerni

Hi. I'm new to the forum and the icons are stunning. Thank you for your work. I do have one question. How do I get the automask to work on my Cydia apps (like VLC)? I'm running an iPad 2 5.0.1. Thanks ��

Hi,

@Apsychowithawhistle
    I think cydia icons are to large to get auto-masked. But you can customize icons: Take the icon of your choice (76x76), name it like the desired app is labeled on the springboard and put the file in the "Icons" folder of the theme.

@all
    Package updated again. Check post #221 for downloadlink and instructions on how to update.
    Changes: Changed textposition in calendar icon & reverted colors of icon labels for better readability.

MrBerni

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast