+ Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 338

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Buuf 4 iPad Port

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
same as mine, i manage to make the Mail icon works by changing the name from icon-72 => Icon-72 ,but the music player and videos still cant fix it and
...
  1. #201
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    same as mine, i manage to make the Mail icon works by changing the name from icon-72 => Icon-72 ,but the music player and videos still cant fix it and the ibook got a black border,

  2. #202
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi guys..

    i wanna create a custom icon for Dolphin browser. so i created: com.dolphin.browser.pad and put it in var/stash/theme/bundle but it cant work. and also i cant find the messages icon folder as well.

    can someone advise me on that. thank you
    Last edited by zexen; 01-26-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  3. #203
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi, all!! )

    First of all, I would very much like to thank all involved in this theme, it's bloody fantastic!!


    Second, I, as a newbie, do have a couple of questions.. I've read all the pages in this thread, but still would like to sort some things out. Thanks!

    1) How do I theme the icons that aren't buuf-ed? Like IMDb, Message, etc..?! Is the only possible way to do this, to manually change the icons with new ones found here, or in the Buuf HD thread? And then use the "bundle" approach due to future updates?

    2) Just to clarify, are the icons in the Buuf HD thread (which was linked to some posts back) compatible with my iPad 2 5.0.1, or are those just for the iPhone/iPad?

    3) Why isn't my Status Bar themed? Almost whenever i see screenshots, they have a cool buuf status bar

    4) When I downloaded the "bababuufey" (for iPad) theme from Cydia, it was said that a big icon bundle was included. Is this the icon bundle that changes icons like Settings, Camera, Pictures, etc, when applying the theme, or do I have to apply this bundle manually?!

    5) In WinterBoard I have something called BuufIconMask!, but wether I apply it or not, I don't see any difference.. What does, or should this "theme" do?

    6) I have a regular keyboad. Why is my keyboard not themed? Because I have a Norwegian layout? Anyway to buuf a Norwegian keyboad?

    7) Fonts.. As with the status bar, whenever I see screenshots I see cool fonts that are used in the mail app, and other places.. My font is still the same as default. Why is that?

    8) Sometimes when I start Safari, I can see the Safari is themed. But when the pages are loaded, it goes back to "normal Safari", only with other colors. Why?

    9) For my iPad 2 5.0.1, what is the correct icon size? I've gone blind bettween the 128x128, 100x100, 72x72, as to which size is the correct.

    10) Any way to theme SBSetting?


    I know there was a lot of questions, but I've really tried to find out these answers myself. A newbie has to start somewhere.. I've included some screenshot for you to see.


    Thank you guys very much in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916851.351433.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916865.444732.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916885.686322.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916896.730018.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916914.482235.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916926.170348.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916938.011074.jpg   Buuf 4 iPad Port-imageuploadedbymodmyi1327916945.126143.jpg  


  4. #204
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi dude, i am same with you, i using ipad 2 ios 5.01 , everything u describe is same as mine, i tot it not fully compatible with ipad2 ios 5 i guess, i am new to this theme tweak but i able to change most of the icon manually using Ifun/Winscp which replace the icon inside the apps. if i no mistake ur lockscreen will not be theme as well, u can do this by changing the name of all the icon from Icon.png to Icon~ipad.png inside the TelephonyUI folder.

    hope this can help you bit haha

  5. #205
    What's Jailbreak? Norrin Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The Buuf4 sbSettings works on iPad. I'm also running 5.0.1 on am iPad 2.

  6. #206
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello, and thank you for your replys!

    First, omegagriever, what is ifun/Winscp?! I tried to search Cydia, but came up with nothing similar.

    And Norrin Radd, how did you theme SBSettings with a buuf theme? I couldn't find it in my SBsettings..

    Thank you very much, both of you!

  7. #207
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ifun or Winscp is a programme tat i use to transfer file from my PC to Ipad which give me more freedom to explore everything inside my ipad

  8. #208
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This, right?! http://www.i-funbox.com/

    Do I need Winscp also, or is the iFun-Box enough?! Thanks!

  9. #209
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    either 1 also can, i got both coz ifunbox sometimes cant change the permission things ,
    for my experience
    ifunbox : able to see apps name during explore
    Winscp : got more control / editing ( i guess ) but apps name appear like some code like exp : AB5123512-123412-12312312

  10. #210
    What's Jailbreak? Norrin Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ModBone View Post
    Hello, and thank you for your replys!

    First, omegagriever, what is ifun/Winscp?! I tried to search Cydia, but came up with nothing similar.

    And Norrin Radd, how did you theme SBSettings with a buuf theme? I couldn't find it in my SBsettings..

    Thank you very much, both of you!
    First I removed any current SBSettings I had. Then I just installed the Buuf4 SBSettings from cydia onto my iPad. And then I just tapped on the the new SBSettings icon to set it up. If I could do it - really anyone could!

  11. #211
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ifun box and winscp is a software for ur PC to transfer file to to ipad without using itunes,
    haha

  12. #212
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks again, omegagriever!! I haven't been able to try it yet, but I will!

    And, Norrin Radd, I feel kinda stupid now.. hehe.. I hadn't downloaded the Buuf2 SBSettings theme, it did now, and it worked right away! I thought I had to use Buuf4, so I didn't think the number 2 would help me, and didn't give it much thought.. It works like a charm now!

    Thanks again, both of you!


    And another thing to add to my list.. some of my icons, that are buufed, have a black background-ish border around themselves, others don't.. Any idea to why, and how to fix that?!


  13. #213
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zexen View Post
    hi guys..

    i wanna create a custom icon for Dolphin browser. so i created: com.dolphin.browser.pad and put it in var/stash/theme/bundle but it cant work. and also i cant find the messages icon folder as well.

    can someone advise me on that. thank you
    Either use iFile to check for the correct bundle name or I can recommend AppInfo from Cydia for the same purpose.

    Do you have a icon for dolphin browser?

    Here's one I made for Buuf4 HD. Let me know if you need it resized.



    Quote Originally Posted by ModBone View Post
    Thanks again, omegagriever!! I haven't been able to try it yet, but I will!

    And, Norrin Radd, I feel kinda stupid now.. hehe.. I hadn't downloaded the Buuf2 SBSettings theme, it did now, and it worked right away! I thought I had to use Buuf4, so I didn't think the number 2 would help me, and didn't give it much thought.. It works like a charm now!

    Thanks again, both of you!


    And another thing to add to my list.. some of my icons, that are buufed, have a black background-ish border around themselves, others don't.. Any idea to why, and how to fix that?!

    Try turning Summerboard on if it isn't. I also used to get that sometimes if the icons weren't the correct size.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 01-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.

  14. #214
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thank you, sjbtax!

    I did try that, but it didn't work unfortunatly.. It's iBooks, Facebook, the app for this forum, and Angry Birds who have icons with the black background, every other icon is just fine!

    Any other ideas?!

    ..and if you know the answer to any of the other questions, feel free to reply!


    Thanks again!

  15. #215
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    876
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 642 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ModBone View Post
    Thank you, sjbtax!

    I did try that, but it didn't work unfortunatly.. It's iBooks, Facebook, the app for this forum, and Angry Birds who have icons with the black background, every other icon is just fine!

    Any other ideas?!

    ..and if you know the answer to any of the other questions, feel free to reply!


    Thanks again!
    What size are the icons that you are trying to use?

    Can you post a screenshot as the type of shadow will help to troubleshoot the problem.

  16. #216
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I really don't know the size.. Regular?! I've just applied the BUUF4iPad Bababuufay theme foumd on Cydia, so I guess it's the icons from that theme (must be).. I tried to add some screenshot on the third post from the top of this page.. I don't know if they are good enough, cause the forum uploader wanted to resize my screenshots for some reasons.. Just tell if not, and I'll upload them somewhere else.. How can i find the icon sizes?! I would probably guess(!) 72x72, though..

    Thanks a bunch, again!!

  17. #217
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Issues with theme
    I'm guessing this isn't fully compatible with ios 5.0.1 on an iPad 2....I initially installed it, it worked when I respringed. Then when I tried to switch the background it just hung on the next re-spring. I restored, re-jailbroke, didn't restore from a backup, installed the theme again and same issue..Trying to respring from Winterboard doesn't work, I can hit the 'Respring' button repeatedly with no luck. Luckily, SBSettings can be used to force myself to Safe Mode where I can disable the theme and get back to a default jailbroken device. But I'm shedding tears here because this theme looked GREAT! I'm going to try installing the theme posted in this thread. The last two iterations I just went through were with the theme found in Cydia.

    So once again, the theme appears to be fine...as long as I don't need to re-spring(the first time it hung when I tried to re-spring from SBSettings).

    My configuration now:
    Jailbroken iPad 2
    iOS 5.0.1
    Nothing extra except Cydia, SBSettings Winterboard and its dependencies installed
    Buuf4 "Babafooey" (or whatever the name is called in Cydia) installed
    Summerboard turned off

    I shall post back on the experience using the download link here. I think I'm willing to live with it the way it is though

    Ok, all links are dead, so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope nothing extremely catastrophic happens, because I love this theme that much!
    Last edited by Maxnic; 01-31-2012 at 09:05 PM.

  18. #218
    Green Apple mrberni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Hi there,

    tried the theme some days ago and noticed it is not full compatible with iOS 5. Contacted Bababooey13 on twitter: He is about to release an iOS 5-version soon.
    In the meantime a managed to get the mailicon, iconbar (battery, wifi and so on), slide-to-unlock, progress bar and some other things themed again: I used the images from the original theme, renamed it to match iOS 5 and created a new theme so that nothing in the original one gets modified. There is still a lot of stuff missing but that should help me shorten the time until the release of the iOS 5-compatible version.

    If anybody is interested just ask: I will then upload it here.

    MrBerni

  19. #219
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mrberni View Post
    Hi there,

    tried the theme some days ago and noticed it is not full compatible with iOS 5. Contacted Bababooey13 on twitter: He is about to release an iOS 5-version soon.
    In the meantime a managed to get the mailicon, iconbar (battery, wifi and so on), slide-to-unlock, progress bar and some other things themed again: I used the images from the original theme, renamed it to match iOS 5 and created a new theme so that nothing in the original one gets modified. There is still a lot of stuff missing but that should help me shorten the time until the release of the iOS 5-compatible version.

    If anybody is interested just ask: I will then upload it here.

    MrBerni
    YES PLEASE! I'd like to try your version until the official comes out. Thank you!

  20. #220
    What's Jailbreak? Norrin Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxnic View Post
    YES PLEASE! I'd like to try your version until the official comes out. Thank you!
    YES! I would like to try it as well. Thank you!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts