Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto Create iPad Icons

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Default Auto Create iPad Icons
    Hello guys so iPad icons finally got auto created. CREDIT FOR FINDING THIS I GIVE TO TOYVAN SINCE HE IS THE ONE WHO FIRST CAME TO ME ABOUT IT. The images are as follows:

AppIconMask-72.png 74x76
    AppIconShadow-72.png 74x76
    AppIconOverlay-72.png 74x76

they belong in ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework iwipecache doesn't work so to get the auto to work you have to go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and delete everything in there and then do a hard reboot. a respring will not work.
    EDIT: Winterboard automatically resets the caches so you do not have to do this step anymore, unless you really want to.

There are problems with this all though the auto icons will be really crisp clear, the custom ones will still not. Also, to get the auto icons and the custom icons the same size, the auto icon images must be around the sizes given i made mine 74x74 and the custom icons must be iphone icon size images mine were 60x60

This is what mine look like as you can see the Desktop icon was my original icons for my ipad theme graphite not very crisp to begin with, but better than the new custom icons that are located in the dock. I had to change the size or as you can see the auto icons are much smaller than the original custom icon but way better looking. here is the image. To really see the difference in quality click on the image then click on it again to make it it's actual size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -auto-icons.png  

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (07-08-2010), EddieLeonard (07-09-2010), fadeproof (08-21-2010), flybritn (01-27-2014), mmaboi21 (06-04-2012), SnowLeo (08-17-2010), TCcentex (07-08-2010)

Good find guys. A nice step forward in the iPad themeing front.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    hah I thought this would be a bigger hit guess not
    no, it will be. its just the internet has been so quiet lately. its unbelievable actually. the last tweet i had on show up on twitter was 6 hours ago
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

ty so much!
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Yeah it has seemed like no one is doin any internets and everyone is enjoying the sun hah.

No problem bunnies

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

ask for it to be a sticky?
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Modderators: Please move this thread to the new ipad theming section here:*iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

Please make this a sticky on that section. Thank you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

santaf (08-17-2010)

Im going to buy an iPad tomorrow so this was very useful.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MindGem For This Useful Post:

santaf (08-17-2010)

Thanks! Cant wait to play with it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf;
    Good idea snowleo didn't know that was there
    yep I just saw it there this morning myself so I went to all the ipad theme threads and posted that

Haha! SnowLeo i thought you were a mod!

^lol naw I just made the text bold so it looked important to get the attention of a mod

This is great. Thanks a lot!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

Kamehameha (09-22-2010)

Lol if you guys think making autocreates are tough to do on an ipad.... making high quality default and cydia icons are a world of HELL!! Took me about 3 hours to figure out how to get about 25 default and cydia icons show up correctly. Since it was such a pain in the a** I decided to make a thread with a detailed guide for the rest of the ipad themers. Hope it helps: iPad Default Icon Theming

Note: Santaf if you or any mods here could make that thread into a sticky I would really appreciate it so it will be easy to access for all the other ipad themers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast