+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: First theme for iPad - "JX"

is a discussion within the

iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I've had some requests for this theme I've been working on so I figured I would post it... I call it "JX". Here you guys go.. Download link Unzip the
...
  1. #1
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Thumbs up First theme for iPad - "JX"
    I've had some requests for this theme I've been working on so I figured I would post it... I call it "JX". Here you guys go..

    Download link

    Unzip the file and Copy the "JX" folder to /var/stash/Themes

    Apply with Winterboard.

    2 Wallpapers included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First theme for iPad - "JX"-dark.png   First theme for iPad - "JX"-blue.png  
    Last edited by ctcnsf; 05-10-2010 at 10:34 PM.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ctcnsf For This Useful Post:

    braceyoself (05-11-2010), iceaxe (08-23-2010), Kcentric (09-20-2010), safri (09-13-2010), togomaku (10-19-2010)

  3. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Barrie, Canada
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Wow, those icons are amazing. Are you taking requests for additional ones or is there some sort of template/psd available?

    Thanks, keep up the great work!

  4. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aesthetical View Post
    Wow, those icons are amazing. Are you taking requests for additional ones or is there some sort of template/psd available?

    Thanks, keep up the great work!
    Thanks! Included with the theme is an additional 40+ icons that haven't been assigned to apps... All you need to do is re-size the icons to 72x72px and name them accordingly, then drop them in the "Icons" folder and boom, you created some more icons

  5. #4
    Theme Creator Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 483 Times in 353 Posts

    this looks really nice.

    just one thing, The icons dont have anything to do with what they are represnting. dont like that.

    other than that, good job

  6. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    this looks really nice.

    just one thing, The icons dont have anything to do with what they are represnting. dont like that.

    other than that, good job
    Thanks, I figured since the names of the apps sit below the icons, there was no need to have the icons represent the app, I like to keep it simple and abstract.

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I like this theme very much. Thanks for the great looking icons.
    I am having trouble getting the backgrounds and icons to show up at the same time. If I have the summerboard setting on in winterboard, the wallpaper is plain blue and not the one included in the folder.

    If I turn summerboard off, the background appears, but the icons are default.
    I tried moving the user set wallpaper and lockscreen options higher on the winterboard list, but the wallpaper ends up looking super zoomed in or doesn't cover the whole screen. But that isn't the fault of this theme.
    Great job. I'm really digging the icons.

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone luqven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 38 Times in 21 Posts

    Yes thank you!!!!

  9. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by braceyoself View Post
    I like this theme very much. Thanks for the great looking icons.
    I am having trouble getting the backgrounds and icons to show up at the same time. If I have the summerboard setting on in winterboard, the wallpaper is plain blue and not the one included in the folder.

    If I turn summerboard off, the background appears, but the icons are default.
    I tried moving the user set wallpaper and lockscreen options higher on the winterboard list, but the wallpaper ends up looking super zoomed in or doesn't cover the whole screen. But that isn't the fault of this theme.
    Great job. I'm really digging the icons.
    Hmm... that's strange. The only thing I can think is for you to try copying the wallpapers into your photos folder and manually applying the wallpaper via the photos app. Also, delete the wallpapers that are in the theme folder, or just rename them so the theme doesn't try applying them. Try that!

    Thanks!

  10. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i too prefer icons that somewhat represent the app. but for the heck of it i installed your theme and this was the result


  11. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rutiger View Post
    i too prefer icons that somewhat represent the app. but for the heck of it i installed your theme and this was the result

    haha you need to re-size the additional icons to 72x72px before you add them to the icons folder. ;-)

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ctcnsf View Post
    Unzip the file and Copy the "JX" folder to /var/stash/Themes
    Wait how do you do that?

  13. #12
    Theme Creator Raptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 483 Times in 353 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jarmel View Post
    wait how do you do that?
    ssh... ..

  14. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ctcnsf View Post
    haha you need to re-size the additional icons to 72x72px before you add them to the icons folder. ;-)
    i didn't notice the additional icons weren't already 72x72. thanks

  15. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for the advice. It worked out and I loaded the background through the iphone's photo app. I'm all set~ I really love these icons.

  16. #15
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by braceyoself View Post
    Thanks for the advice. It worked out and I loaded the background through the iphone's photo app. I'm all set~ I really love these icons.

  17. #16
    Theme Creator SnowLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks
    1,238
    Thanked 921 Times in 574 Posts

    Modderators: Please move this thread to the new ipad theming section here:*iPad New Skins/Themes Launches

  18. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts

    Here's what mine looks like, I love it thanks.



    Quote found somewhere from a guy called 'Aggitated' LOL

    I REALLY wish someone would come out with an iPhone killer, not to kill the iPhone, but make Jobs really have to work for all this money we are all just throwing at him like a stripper on a pole........


  19. #18
    MMi Staff Writer Nick Hesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

    lol thats because these icons are all stock pieces from vector files on the net. lots of stock websites have these. hence the horrible representation of each app. it's totally random oh well.

  20. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    very nice...my first theme when i get my ipad

  21. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for sharing this theme.
    Last edited by cctd; 06-07-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts