Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: semirestore not seeing iPad3

Exclamation semirestore not seeing iPad3
    HI, today my iPad broke. I was syncing with iTunes (no backup just sync apps etc) and the screen went black so I rebooted and now its stuck at the apple logo.

I want a few things off it that I cant get back so I dont want to do a restore with itunes so I found semirestore but that doesnt see the iPad3 on 7.0.3
    Actually nothing sees it except for itunes. I here the PC click so I know windows can connect to it in DFU mode but no other apps see it. TinyUmbrella doesnt see it, SemiRestore doesn't see it, Evasi0n7 doesnt see it, nothing but iTunes sees it when its in DFU mode.
    And as I cant restore it without getting the data off I cant restore it with itunes yet.

Is there any way of accessing the data on it? I cant connect to it at all. SSH doesnt see it, It never connects to PC unless its in DFU mode, safe mode doesn't boot up either. Is there still a safe mode in IOS7.0.3? It might be 7.0.4?
    It was working perfectly yesterday, today I updated 1 file in Cydia and respring and that still worked fine till I sync in iTunes then the screen went black and nothing. I could still do things but had a black screen. I could use Siri and it replied but I couldnt see anything so I SSH and told it to reboot and thats where this problem started.

Anyone able to help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Anyone able to help?
    Have you tried using diskaid? I had a problem like this a year ago and diskaid was able to see my iPad. Give it a try. It come with a 15 day full trial.

Quote Originally Posted by rockyseay View Post
    Have you tried using diskaid? I had a problem like this a year ago and diskaid was able to see my iPad. Give it a try. It come with a 15 day full trial.
    Tried it and it again doesn't see it. The only time it connects to the PC is in DFU mode and I believe nothing can read the iPad3 from DFU mode.

And as I cant restore to 7.0.4 I will be forced to upgrade to 7.1.1 and loose jailbreak.
    Last edited by a95970; 05-18-2014 at 06:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Tried it and it again doesn't see it. The only time it connects to the PC is in DFU mode and I believe nothing can read the iPad3 from DFU mode.

And as I cant restore to 7.0.4 I will be forced to upgrade to 7.1.1 and loose jailbreak.
    This is a tough on. You might be forced to upgrade. It's a really sucky situation.

This is exactly why I hate Apple and love Android. My android tablet did the same about 2 weeks ago. I just restored the firmware and it was back to the way before the brick, nothing was lost it was exactly like nothing happened.
    With Apple you are forced to upgrade to the latest firmware and everything is deleted.
    I think I will upgrade and sell it and get an Android tablet. A lot less chance of losing everything if it bricks like this.

I have noticed something, after about 20 mins on the apple logo it reboots. I tried holding the VOL UP button and still nothing. Its plugged into the PC so I will hear if it connects which it doesn't, I have SSH running trying to connect so I will see if it connects, trying just about everything to not loose this jailbreak. I absolutely hate the iPad without jailbreak. It will be a deal breaker if I loose this jailbreak, I will get rid of it if that happens.
    When I brought it, it could be jailbroken, I only upgrade when apps stop working and a jailbreak is available and I really regret upgrading to IOS7.0.4 as I was on 6.1.2 before that and never had problems till today. I will really hate to loose all those jailbreak apps I use daily.
    Damn, its going to suck if for some reason it doesn't fix itself. I will straight away do a backup and semi-restore to hopefully fix everything but cant get that far yet.
    I hate iPads.

Looks like nobody else knows how to fix it and I will be forced to update to 7.1.1
    As the battery died I cant do anything till tomorrow anyway so hopefully I'll get a fix or have to restore to 7.1.1

Can anyone help? I really dont want to loose the jailbreak but I cant see any other way

Not sure how much of a problem this causes but Tiny Umbrella also doesn't see it even in DFU mode. Nothing sees it in DFU mode except for iTunes.
    Is this normal for iPad3 and IOS7?
    I thought apps could see it in DFU mode?
    I did see it somehow and all it came up with was NULL. No name or device just NULL.
    Last edited by a95970; 05-18-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Any ideas before I am forced to upgrade to 7.1.1?

rockyseay thanks for your inputs but they didn't work.
    I had to restore to 7.1.1 so I will be waiting for a jailbreak for it as I hate the iPad without jailbreak. I brought the iPad1 after it could be jailbroken same for my iPad3 as thats always been jailbroken till now and it sucks.
    I might just turn if off and keep it in the cupboard and buy an Android tablet as that wont loose everything if it crashes like this did.