+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: make iPad wi-fi only get GPS Location by bluetooth

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello everybody, I have a new iPad wi-fi only and I was wondering how to make it get my location from a Garmin nuvi 710 gps device. I know that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb make iPad wi-fi only get GPS Location by bluetooth
    Hello everybody,

I have a new iPad wi-fi only and I was wondering how to make it get my location from a Garmin nuvi 710 gps device. I know that jailbreaking it and installing certain tweaks, the iPad will be able to receive NMEA and positioning information from gps modules. But is it possible to get them from a GPS device?

And a second question, I have a Huawei 4G MIFI which (in theory) sends NMEA information by wi-fi, how can I be sure the iPad gets it (it continuously says "location unavailable").

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, not tried these, but type in roqy in Cydia. RoQy has several Bluetooth GPS apps there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, not tried these, but type in roqy in Cydia. RoQy has several Bluetooth GPS apps there.
    Hi, thanks for replying.
    Like I said, I know these tweaks in Cydia. Do you think that iPad+RoQy will be able to connect with my GPS navigation device? Have you tried this combination?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, not tried these, but looks promising, check out his website
    roqy apps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you try to turn on the GPS of your iPad? That will help you determined your current location when making any tracking on the certain place using your wifi through using the GPS navigation system. Its more effective if we can use iPad manuals for more further clarifications about how to use this type of programs.
    Last edited by Leronony; 06-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leronony View Post
    Have you try to turn on the GPS of your iPad? That will help you determined your current location when making any tracking on the certain place using your wifi through using the GPS navigation system.
    hi Leronony,
    My iPad does not have GPS (it is wi-fi only). If by GPS you mean my Location Services, yes they are turned on and theoretically the iPad shoul take some positioning from my wireless router, but this does not happen always.