+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad 2 bypass activation

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, I'm not sure this is the right section. My ipad 2 stuck on activation screen. I do not know the email and password. Here's what happens, I bought this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad 2 bypass activation
    Hi, I'm not sure this is the right section.

My ipad 2 stuck on activation screen. I do not know the email and password.

Here's what happens, I bought this ipad on craiglist last year april and it was jailbroken and still on ios5.
    I been using it since theres no problem. last night I updated it to ios7 since Evasi0n jailbreak is up so decided to update it..
    after doing that it just stuck in activation screen. I tried calling the previous owner but no answer. keep calling and texting all day no luck.

This is not stolen or whatsoever. I can prove this showing our conversation when I first bought it and prove that I been calling and texting the previous owner.

My question is, Is there anyway to bypass the activation screen? Or should I go to apple and tell them what happens and show them a proof that I bought it from craiglist whatsoever?

I tried using the Evasi0n to jailbreak it but it won't me allow me to jailbreak it unless I activated the ipad..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

The Apple ID activation is stored in Apple server. When you bought it, shouldn't you be using your own Apple ID and not someone else. Doubt Apple will do it for you as this is a security.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's seem like your problem is not iOS7 activation, but a SIM activation. You bought the iPad when it was on iOS 5.x.x, and you have recently upgraded to iOS 7 and stuck with activation. Therefore, Find My iPad feature has not been enabled yet.

Try to insert a SIM from the service provider that the iPad is locked to and activate it through iTunes. Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Originally I bought the ipad for one reason, to play "clash of clans" because my iphone is being raped when I play the game there.
    I never use the ipad 2 to anything else.. just to play the game nothin more. so when I updated it to ios 7 i was suprised it stuck there..
    its only ipad wifi no sim

Heres what I remember what happens. so it was ios 5.x.x.x then updated it to ios7. it updated it well. I got into home screen working everything is fine. I even jailbroken it after and its works fine.. my only problem is the icloud keep popping in my screen asking me the password which I do not know the password because its not under my account. I got annoyed with the pop up screen asking for password. So What I did is I went to setting>reset>reset all setting or erase all contect and settings assuming I can get rid of that poppin password thing. after it has been reset. It went in the beginning asking me language wifi etc.. then got stuck in activation screen.. if I just knew pressing the erase thing will does this. I would have been bare the pop up thing.. now this ******* who sell me the ipad cant contact him. I already file a police report and gave them the number and all the proof the I bought the ipad from him. so will see. and thank you for all your replies. i am this close to throw his ipad lolz.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hi,
    I just wanna share this and maybe it could help you. But please bare with me coz I'm not good at written instructions.
    I've had the same problem with my iPad 2 for over 2 months.
    So I've decided today to get my iPad and mess with it a little bit to see if there is a way that I could bypass the activation code. It was a success and I was surprised coz I've done a lot of searching and I found nothing at all. I know how frustrating it is so this is what I did.
    *pick language
    *location/country
    When I get to the "network selection" option I just selected a text and try to bring it to the copy/cut/paste/define mode ,then I chose define .after that the manage or search web option popped . What I did is I go to manage and there are multiple language that has the icloud download icon, so I tapped multiple languages to download over and over ,closed the screen and opened it back then after doing that the screen shuts off and it brought me to the home screen of my iPad. And I've bypassed the activation code. So there you go . Please let me know if it helped you too.
    Best of luck... Cheers...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i got into manage option, downloaded all the language and deleted them then downloaded them again. how many times do I need to do this?

Also when you say closed the screen? u meant like power off the device and turn it back on?
    Last edited by ZERO-DRAGON; 03-31-2014 at 02:17 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO-DRAGON View Post
    ok i got into manage option, downloaded all the language and deleted them then downloaded them again. how many times do I need to do this?

Also when you say closed the screen? u meant like power off the device and turn it back on?
    Ok so I did this 3 times and it worked all the time.
    It is just really frustrating doing this coz it may take you a while to get it done . I did it again today and it took me 2hrs .
    Well anyways I don't think that you have to do exactly what I did. The 2nd and third time I tried to bypass it ,I didn't try to download the languages as much as I did first time.
    What I meant about "lock the screen" is to just turn off the screen not turn the device all the way.
    What you really will try to do here is to try to get the iPad to kinda hang then when that happens the screen will shut off for like 5-10 secs and it'll take you to the home screen.
    What I did the last time is I tapped "manage & search web" same time then lock/turn the screen off then back on then tapped the manage, tried to download all the languages then you'll notice it's kind of slowing down by that time then lock the screen again back on . Just did it over and over.
    But my advice is don't do this if you are worried that your iPad would shut off all the way. Coz I am a risk taker so I don't mind doing it coz it really looks like you are trying to break the iPad doing that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, this YouTube video shows how you can get the contact email of the previous owner so that you can ask them to remove their iCloud signin from your device.
    How To Bypass iOS 7 Activation Lock & Contact iCloud Owner For Permanent Fix ! ByKayseri - YouTube

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna1990 View Post
    Ok so I did this 3 times and it worked all the time.
    It is just really frustrating doing this coz it may take you a while to get it done . I did it again today and it took me 2hrs .
    Well anyways I don't think that you have to do exactly what I did. The 2nd and third time I tried to bypass it ,I didn't try to download the languages as much as I did first time.
    What I meant about "lock the screen" is to just turn off the screen not turn the device all the way.
    What you really will try to do here is to try to get the iPad to kinda hang then when that happens the screen will shut off for like 5-10 secs and it'll take you to the home screen.
    What I did the last time is I tapped "manage & search web" same time then lock/turn the screen off then back on then tapped the manage, tried to download all the languages then you'll notice it's kind of slowing down by that time then lock the screen again back on . Just did it over and over.
    But my advice is don't do this if you are worried that your iPad would shut off all the way. Coz I am a risk taker so I don't mind doing it coz it really looks like you are trying to break the iPad doing that.

Okay what I did is I pressed manage then downloaded all the language them deleted them then downloaded then deleted them over and over. maybe like 4 times doing the downloaded , deleted then downloaded all the languages. I locked my screen and unlock it back again and it just went where I left it. Left where it downloading all the languages. what em I doing wrong?