+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7 jailbreak apps not installing. 4th gen 7.0.4

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello everyone, I have a 4th gen ipad jail broken at 7.0.4. I have been installing apps from cydia but they are not installing to the device. The perfect example
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iOS7 jailbreak apps not installing. 4th gen 7.0.4
    Hello everyone, I have a 4th gen ipad jail broken at 7.0.4. I have been installing apps from cydia but they are not installing to the device.

The perfect example is zeppelin. I install the app in cydia, it says it's installed. I can even click "modify" to remove or reinstall the app.

No icon on the phone, search for the app and can not find anything.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thank you everyone for your help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nothing will work until MS is updated to iOS 7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Nothing will work until MS is updated to iOS 7
    Semi noob, Ms? Can you explain? Is this something I can update? Or is it a waiting game?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Zeppelin isn't an app - it's a preference.. Shows in the Settings preferences window only. If you're on a 5S nothing will work until MobileSubstrate (MS) is updated. If you're on 4,4S or 5 there's greater hope. But you'll need a tweak called BootStrap.. Too hard to explain and rewrite here. Search the forum for Bootstrap and Mobile Substrate. Read up.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rdiddy_25 (12-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Zeppelin isn't an app - it's a preference.. Shows in the Settings preferences window only. If you're on a 5S nothing will work until MobileSubstrate (MS) is updated. If you're on 4,4S or 5 there's greater hope. But you'll need a tweak called BootStrap.. Too hard to explain and rewrite here. Search the forum for Bootstrap and Mobile Substrate. Read up.
    I did some reading. My 4th gen ipad is only a6x chip, I also have my iphone 4s on 7.0.4 JB. From what I have seen this is the 32 bit hardware. Do i need bootstrap? Should I just wait for MS to update and everything should be good?

Thank you for all the help everyone!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inerax86 View Post
    I did some reading. My 4th gen ipad is only a6x chip, I also have my iphone 4s on 7.0.4 JB. From what I have seen this is the 32 bit hardware. Do i need bootstrap? Should I just wait for MS to update and everything should be good?

Thank you for all the help everyone!
    If you want the least amount of headache just wait until mobile substrate is updated in Cydia. When you launch Cydia and hit refresh or after it does it's normal opening gyrations you'll see that mobile substrate is ready to be updated, when it's ready. You can just check daily. That's your route of least resistance.

If you're more adventurous and on you're on an a6 or lower device, then you'll need to load BootStrap, but I forget the repo name you have to add to get bootstrap. It's not in the normal repos at Cydia that come stock with Cydia.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

rdiddy_25 (12-27-2013)