+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How: Enable LTE for T-mobile on your jailbroken iPad 3,4,mini so you can use 200M Free!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apparently, this is the only way to get LTE on a iPad 3rd gen on T-mobile. Here is where you can get a Free SIM too! Prepaid Phones | Pay
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Apparently, this is the only way to get LTE on a iPad 3rd gen on T-mobile.

Here is where you can get a Free SIM too! Prepaid Phones | Pay as You Go Prepaid Cell Phones | T-Mobile Note: The free Prepay sim works, so you dont need to get the Data only SIM for $10. I am using the free one now.

Ok, So I got my SIM, and activated it, and low and behold, it only shows 3G with no LTE option. So, what I did is take the iPhone 5 hacked .ipcc, and created a iPad version.

Download it here: T-mobile iPad Carrier for LTE.zip

Turns out that the hacked one isn't totally compatible, so I made one with T-mobile's default PRI.

Download it here: T-mobile iPad Carrier for LTE-default pri.zip

You will need either TetherMe($$), or ComCenter* patch for iOS 5+ (Free) from v.backspace.jp/repo.

1. Back up all your info in iTunes...just in case...I don't want to feel responsible if you mess
    something up.

2. Make sure iTunes accepts custom carrier bundles...if it doesnt type in the following commands:

Windows x64:
    open command prompt, type in
    Code:
    cd C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes
    Press enter
    Code:
    iTunes.exe /setPrefint carrier-testing 1
    Windows x32:
    same parenthetical info as above
    Code:
    cd C:\Program Files\iTunes
    Press Enter
    Code:
    iTunes.exe /setPrefint carrier-testing 1
    Mac:
    open up terminal, type commands:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool true
    Press Enter

3. After you have put in the commands for your operating system, open iTunes.

4. Hold the Shift key (windows users) or the Alt key (mac users) and click "Update".

5. Navigate to the carrier update and double click on it.

6. Restart your device.

If you want to remove the carrier updates from your phone, use Carrier Update Remover from the Backspace repo.

It can be finicky when it is first installed. I had to reboot my iPad, and turn Cellular Data off and on. But now my iPad is rocking LTE

Here is my proof

BTW, I live in a 5 MHz LTE bandwidth market, so the speeds arn't that blazing... But hey! Its free!
    How: Enable LTE for T-mobile on your jailbroken iPad 3,4,mini so you can use 200M Free!-img_0263.png
    Last edited by jaminmc; 11-26-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added Version with T-mobile's PRI which is more compatible with the iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sadly I could not get this to work on my ipad 3 with tmobile sim card, I know my house gets lte data as My tmobile iphone 5 gets lte. But after doing both .ipcc above my ipad wont do LTE

I am jailbroken using ios 7.0.4 on my gen 3 ipad

Also tetherme works, but commcenter patch is not compatible with ios 7 yet so maybe when that's updated It will work

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, for iOS 7, it will need a different solution. I will need the carrier bundle from an iPad 4, or air to get one that has the proper signatures. I did post Need TMobile_US.bundle from an iPad 4, or air on iOS 7.0.4 to see if someone could send it to me. Once I get it, I will give instructions on how to set it up, or create a ipcc (If it works that way), or create a .deb and put it on a repo. It would pretty much move the original one for safe keeping, then install the new one, and if you remove it, it will put the original one back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default commcenter patch for ios 7 is out now
    Does this help in our quest for lte on ipad 3 ios 7.0.4

Or are we still looking for bundle from ipad 4 or air cellular gsm model?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Jqwest and jaminmc,
    I hold an jailbroken ipad 3. gen with ios 7.04 as well and the patch above didnīt work for me either. I have TetherMe installed (bought it long time ago for my first ipad). Installing CommCenter from v.backspace.jp/repo unfortunately fails. Where did you get the patch for ios7 from? In addition I am not sure if LTE will ever work on my ipad3 here in Germany. I guess it will only work if the prc packages above change the frequencies for LTE. Do they?
    Regards
    Detlef

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iPad not picking up 4G LTE - Page 3

for more info on this