Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-01-2013, 06:20 AM #1After installing Cydia App SpringBoard doesn't run
I'm new on Jailbreak thread. Bough some time ago my new iPad mini and instantly jailbroken its 6.1.2 iOS, because I needed more than standard functionality (i.e. XMBC).
First what I installed was openSSH to remotely upload/download files.
Yesterday I wanted to play GTA 2. I didn't know where I could find that so I managed to install AppAddict - store with pirated apps. Later I discovered that the only way was to play is a game from PSX on psx4all emulator. I installed psx4all from Cydia and discovered that I installed an iPhone app that i dislike on iPad because they are not very comfortable. I managed to remove it, but when I was looking for it on Cydia Installed Apps AppAddict was highlighted in red, but there was no information what that means. I kept to remove psx4all and logs showed me that AppAddict and psx4all were removed both (when uninstalling psx4all only). I tried to restore AppAddict because i thought that it was uninstalled in the bad way and I wanted to remove it like any other app - by its own uninstall button.
When restoring AppAddict log showed many red, dpkg errors then SpringBoard was restarted. From this time my iDevice stuck on apple logo (the screen gets finally darker - light sensor works and controls brightness).
What i managed to this point:
- hold home and power switch method doesn't works
- hold volume up button doesn't work
- wifi doesn't connects to router
- I can control the device by iFunbox, copy files, sending ssh commands. With iFunbox I uninstalled AppAddict. iTunes works too.
- apt-get and dkgp commands aren't recognized
- my battery is very low and I don't know if it is charging when plugged in
- killing SpringBoard gives me an error that there is no such running process - so SpringBoard never starts
- com.apple.SpringBoard.plist doesn't have any information what runs with SpringBoard
I don't want to lose my jailbreak - iPad without JB is unuseful for me. The only SHSH blobs which I have are for 6.1.3 only.
Could you help me to restore my device? It is very useful when I'm working outside my office.
10-01-2013, 04:24 PM #2
We don't support pirated apps on this forum. Read the rules and pay for your apps and you won't have these problems.
10-01-2013, 04:27 PM #3
But it isn't about piracy, I didn't wanted to use any of pirated apps. GTA 2 is available only from PSX which I have legit on CD. I was searching for an emulator that isn't available on AppStore and with iDevices I am very newbie so I'm checking everything that I can find on Google.
Please help me.
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM #4
Semirestore helped to save Jailbreak.