+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't update/restore or downgrade! Need help!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
So here is what happened. I had an iPad 2 on I think 5.1.1 firmware, jailbroken. My wife saw this update in the settings and decided to update the software,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't update/restore or downgrade! Need help!
    So here is what happened. I had an iPad 2 on I think 5.1.1 firmware, jailbroken. My wife saw this update in the settings and decided to update the software, which obviously wasn't good. So it went into recovery mode, and I figured we could just update it through itunes, we would lose our data but it would still work. So I tried that, and I have been getting error messages ever since. I have tried directing it to other firmwares (5.1, 5.1.1, 6.0) with no success. I have used TinyUmbrella to direct it to the Cydia servers for the SHSH blobs (I have 5.0.1,5.1.1,5.1,6.0.1,and 6.1.3 saved) and that didn't work. It's stuck in recovery and I can't get it to update to the 6.1.3 or downgrade to any of the 5.x firmware. I don't have saved SHSH blobs for any of the 4.x firmware, so I can't downgrade to that.

Anyone have any idea how I can get my iPad 2 working again? Why won't it just let me update to 6.1.3?

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Note on that guide mentions will not work if you did an OVER THE AIR upgrade or restore. Thus you might be still stuck.

When things like this happen I go to a Genius Bar appointment and claim ignorance. That I was trying to upgrade a friends iPad and it locked up. They might give you a trade in model for no charge if lucky. If unlucky they will charge some fee.