+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where is a REAL website for downloading os 6.1.3 ?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I am only finding scam websites for the download file for jailbreaking a mac os 6.1.3 device? Can anyone direct me to an actual download site? Thanks.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question where is a REAL website for downloading os 6.1.3 ?
    I am only finding scam websites for the download file for jailbreaking a mac os 6.1.3 device? Can anyone direct me to an actual download site? Thanks.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

You want the firmware?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,806 Times in 6,884 Posts

Sounds like he wants a 6.1.3 jailbreak. @OP There is no jailbreak for 6.1.3. Only tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 and 3GS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default gracias
    thanks for the reply, any idea if / when it might be available for the iPad os?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Doubt they will be one. With iOS 7 around the corner. They not gonna waste it on 6.1.3 so apple can patch it in 7.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Doubt they will be one. With iOS 7 around the corner. They not gonna waste it on 6.1.3 so apple can patch it in 7.0
    Is that Gospel? I just purchase an ipad mini with 6.1.3 with the intent of jailbreaking it. My friend said that 6.1.3 is expected out in about a week. I am a noob to jailbreaking. If it is not, in fact, in the works, can you tell me my options to jailbreak my pad? I don't want to go to 7.xxx.

Thanks

Jerry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salukicyclist View Post
    Is that Gospel? I just purchase an ipad mini with 6.1.3 with the intent of jailbreaking it. My friend said that 6.1.3 is expected out in about a week. I am a noob to jailbreaking. If it is not, in fact, in the works, can you tell me my options to jailbreak my pad? I don't want to go to 7.xxx.

Thanks

Jerry
    When he posted that it was accepted information. Now there does look like there will be a 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak. There is no ETA on it though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    When he posted that it was accepted information. Now there does look like there will be a 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak. There is no ETA on it though.
    Thanks, That's good news.

Can I ask a question on off topic? I am new here and perhaps you can direct me where I need to go to find what I am looking for.

I want to import contacts from a tab delimited text file into my ipad mini *without* syncing the contacts through a server.

I can do a standard import via sync fine, but I want to cut the computer that I use to upload the contacts out of the loop.

I would like to take my data straight from my source computer and load it on a SDcard or thumb drive and directly import it into my ipad contacts.

For proprietary reasons I cannot connect my source computer to my either my ipad or the web.

My only option is an SD card or a thumb drive. I currently import the data using a laptop.

Now that I have an ipad I would like to cut my laptop out of the loop so I won't have to bring it with me when I travel.

Is this possible? and Where might I find a utility that could import the data into my contacts?

Thank you

Thanks

Not sure that is possible. You would need something like the camera kit I guess to even be able to plug in a USB stick or SD card. Assuming that can be done without issue I would think you would need some type of jailbreak program like iFile to import the contacts, not sure if it can do it though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not sure that is possible. You would need something like the camera kit I guess to even be able to plug in a USB stick or SD card. Assuming that can be done without issue I would think you would need some type of jailbreak program like iFile to import the contacts, not sure if it can do it though.
    Thanks, I would think it is such a simple problem that someone was likely to have already encountered and solved. But that may not be the case.

Let me ask this. I use Linux on my laptop with a Windows XP running in Virtualbox. I was using Outlook to upload my contacts and schedule my appointments. My ipad does a better job as a scheduler and relieves me of my need for Outlook (and correspondingly my need for the virtual XP machine).

Is there a simple Linux solution for importing from a text file and then syncing contacts into the native apple contacts on my ipad? That would relieve me of several steps and the need for this cobbled together virtual Frankenstein set up.

Thank you for your help.

Jerry

Thanks

Not sure sorry, hardly ever use Linux.