+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MOVIEBOX problem on iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I've just jailbroken my iPad 3 running iOS 6.1.2 as my friend came round this weekend and showed me the awesome MOVIEBOX. I've installed the repo and moviebox but whenever
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MOVIEBOX problem on iPad 3 iOS 6.1.2
    I've just jailbroken my iPad 3 running iOS 6.1.2 as my friend came round this weekend and showed me the awesome MOVIEBOX.

I've installed the repo and moviebox but whenever I try to watch a video it says "not available now".

There is a section in the FAQ that tells you to connect via VPN because my ISP must be blocking them, and it works, however you need to keep reconnecting every 6 hours because the password changes this frequently, which is extremely annoying.

When my friend came round and played some movies on his iPad, he was connected to my wireless network and had no problems with playback, so I was debating whether it was truly my ISP, since if it was, then surely he would not have been able to play any movies from his iPad either?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by karansaraf; 06-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, jailbreaking 6.1.3 sounds interesting! Try installing the VPN App Store app Onavo Protect and the VPN SBSettings toggle for quickly re-enabling it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whoops, fixed!

Can I ask how that will help? I will still need to re-enter the new password every time I want to connect right? It's not an issue of speed, since doing it via Settings is actually quite quick anyway, it's just the hassle of having to go the VPN website, find the new password, then go into VPN settings and entering it.

Thanks

Hi, with the Apple App Store app Onavo Protect, you only set it up once. If it stops working, just toggle VPN off and back on with SBSettings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wait, but how will that work? The password will be wrong (as they change the password every 6 hours), so toggling on and off won't help?

Thanks

Try it, its free, Onavo just works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi! I am having the same problem and I installed the Onavo app like recommeded and Movie Box is still saying "not available now" when I try to watch. It doesn't do this for every show or movie, just some. Any ideas? I am using my ipad 2. Thanks!

Thanks

Hi, I suspect that sometimes that movie may be just oversubscribed. Try coming out to your Library menu and going back in. When Onavo stops working altogether, I use an Open VPN which seems to work better than Onavo at peak viewing times. The only thing is, the one I use gets their password changed every Thursday.
    Download OpenVPN Connect from the App Store. Then goto vpnbook and follow the setup instructions for the iPad at How To Set Up OpenVPN on iPad
    Choose the nearest location to yourself, (Europe, UK, USA) and email yourself the appropriate downloaded open VPN profile... vpnbook-(location)-udp25000.ovpn
    Then "Open In" the profile in OpenVPN Connect, enter vpnbook for the username and the password from
    Free VPN Accounts € 100% Free PPTP and OpenVPN Service
    Note, this VPN is turned on and off from the OpenVPN Connect app, not the VPN toggle in Settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the help. I tried what you suggested and still not working. It is so weird because some shows/movies work and others don't. Also, I don't think that I am getting updates either? So frustrating!
    Thanks again!

Thanks

Hi, MovieBox servers went down last Friday, so maybe they are having problems. My ISP blocks MovieBox, that is why I have to use a VPN service. I am in the UK, and if I use a UK VPN then MovieBox works fine (at the moment) When I tried a USA VPN, I also got pausing and failing to load problems. Maybe you could find a free VPN nearer you. If not, then HMA! Pro VPN has an in app purchase of 8 for a single month. This allows you try it out and to try different locations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Laweick (12-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great! Thank you! I have tried the free VPN's already with no luck. I will keep trying. Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

Thanks

Just had a thought, try a Russian VPN, seeing as that is where their servers are. Also, try a different resolution. Low may work if Medium doesn't. MovieBox for Android has just been updated so maybe there servers are getting hammered.
    MovieBox twitter updates at https://mobile.twitter.com/moviebox_app
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 12-04-2013 at 01:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I will try it tonight. I appreciate your help!! I also added the twitter info so I can follow what's going on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys
    I'm having the same problems.
    I can't even get in the FAQ!
    The only thing I get when I click on FAQ is Trendico and 2 options to click in Russian, the rest is blanc.
    It's making me nuts!
    Please help!
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am having the same issue as Hi Jack. Any advise

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Onavo is pretty great. This app offers better quality over the other contemporaries.

Thanks