+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad mini 6.1.2 No Push Notifications

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I just used iLex RAT to basically wipe all my Cydia Tweaks from the iPad and erase all my content to "start fresh". Everything seems to be working great, except
    Thanks

Default iPad mini 6.1.2 No Push Notifications
    I just used iLex RAT to basically wipe all my Cydia Tweaks from the iPad and erase all my content to "start fresh". Everything seems to be working great, except for the push notifications.

Any app that requires push notifications gives me the message "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications".

I've seen some troubleshooting tips online, but they seem to all pertain to iPhone only. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be or how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi 6.1.2

Thanks

I dont think I can restore in iTunes either because it will force me to 6.1.3

I do have my SHSH blobs for 6.1.2 saved if that helps any.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

If ya update it will bring ya to 6.1.4 shsh blobs don't work with the mini sorry. Think a restore as new will be the only fix for this issues

Thanks

Actually, I have an idea that won't require a restore if it works.

Download SAM from the Cydia repository repo.bingner.com (free of charge) and select "Deactivate." Then connect your iPad to iTunes and your device should receive a new set of push certificates, hopefully solving the issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Actually, I have an idea that won't require a restore if it works.

Download SAM from the Cydia repository repo.bingner.com (free of charge) and select "Deactivate." Then connect your iPad to iTunes and your device should receive a new set of push certificates, hopefully solving the issue.
    I have actually tried that a few times. Everytime I install it the iPad freezes on reboot and I usually have to boot into safe mode and delete the tweak. I dont think it was intended to be used on an iPad mini or iOS6

Has anyone had any luck with it?

UPDATE: I finally got the app to work now without freezing the iPad. It still has issues though, none of the functionality of SAM is working. I select Deactivate, it works, and then connect it to iTunes which doesn't do much and then attempt a push notification. I'm still getting the same error.
    Last edited by JRhodes88; 05-31-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks

Thumbs up Possible Solution
    Hello

yesterday I had kind of the same problem with my iPad Mini Wifi (6.1)

so I'd like to share how I fixed it:

the problem started when for unrelated reasons I decided to delete a file: "/var/Keychains/keychain-2.db"
    then this message "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" started to pop up whenever I opened Chrome (or other random applications)
    also I wasn't able to sign in on iMessage and FaceTime
    I tried to use a backup of "keychain-2.db" but it didn't work either

I decided then to try a "semi-restore" using iLex RAT

Unfortunately after the process my device was still showing that message "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" and no iMessage or FaceTime

as JRhodes88 seems to have tried I did try SAM on my iPad, which led me to enter on safemode and delete the tweak (for the same reasons already mentioned on his posts)

Then I tried a tweak called Pushfix 2.0 (Cydia.pushfix.info)

after installing Pushfix 2.0 the problem persisted, but then I was checking the other tweaks in this repo and found one called:

YouTUbe Fix #1 (pushfix.youtubekey1)
    which says on its description: "This package adds a new YouTube certificate to your keychain. This might fix Youtube on 2G and..."

Even though I didn't have any problem with my "YouTube" app I installed this tweak and rebooted my device

after that for my happiness It was once again working perfectly as before!
    iMessage and FaceTime working and NO "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" messages

after that I uninstall all the tweaks including YouTube Fix #1 and PushFix 2.0 and left my device with only the tweaks I had before (it did NOT bring back the problems)

I'm not quite sure if it will work with other people's iPad as well but might be worth trying!

I Hope it works for you too
    Last edited by KaSxP; 08-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.