+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent help needed::cydia fix needed

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi folks. I use am ipad 4 jail broken using evasion.. Lately I had a issue with cydia and no matter how much I search all over the internet to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Urgent help needed::cydia fix needed
    Hi folks.

I use am ipad 4 jail broken using evasion..

Lately I had a issue with cydia and no matter how much I search all over the internet to resolve the problem, there seems to be no solution. I get a error message in cydia and there seems to be no fix except restoring the firmware.

Now y'all know that there is no way to restore to older firmwares on newer devices #apple you suck

So anybody good enough to help me in is scenario in getting back cydia? I'm unable to use cydia since the past 3 weeks trying to find a solution to this problem

About the problem: after cydia refreshes from this error from the screen shot I don't have anything on it. It's completely blank. Even the installed packages fail to show up.

I shall reward the user monetarily as a token of appreciation from my side. I really need cydia without restoring

Pls help

Attached Images Attached Images

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, this has been documented before in various posts, but the main problem is that you have too many repos installed causing you to exceed the maximum number of tweaks Cydia can list. Just remove some of your repos and refresh should hopefully work. Also Debian Saver Launch Daemon tweak stops Cydia reading downloaded files on anything above iOS5.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

If what DC_Dave says doesn't work (He's probably right btw) try iLEX RAT. It runs a small script that restores your device to a fresh Jailbroken state. Should fix anything wrong with Cydia in the process. Hope this helps
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your willingness to help me

But after following the second post, I get a new kind of error now. Pls advice now what do I do? I removed the sources..it there is no igame guardian package...but I don't know why this error keeps popping...and also I have deleted the folder of igame guardian from ifile.

Pls advice. Should I go for the 3rd post on this page?

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    If what DC_Dave says doesn't work (He's probably right btw) try iLEX RAT. It runs a small script that restores your device to a fresh Jailbroken state. Should fix anything wrong with Cydia in the process. Hope this helps
    Hey buddy! IN order to run iLEX you need to run the RAT command from the terminal. But i installed mobile terminal on my ipad, but it doesn't show up. What can be done now?

Thanks

Update: I have run the rat command on terminal and repaired cydia using 5 option from the list...still I get the same error after restart....so both the above steps failed me..

Any further help ? Please

Thanks

Hi, here is Sauriks Cydia deb file you could try reinstalling

http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb

If Cydia can't see your tweaks, then reinstall them. You can get a list of what you have with AppInfo

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...ppinfo_1.5.deb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

ravelsnip (04-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, here is Sauriks Cydia deb file you could try reinstalling

http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb

If Cydia can't see your tweaks, then reinstall them. You can get a list of what you have with AppInfo

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...ppinfo_1.5.deb
    Hi Dave.

The issue here is Cydia cannot show me the tweaks, but the tweaks are working perfectly fine on the ipad. Every thing works, but i cannot download any further stuff from Cydia as it goes blank after refresh.

And after ur advice ive deleted all the sources except for the default ones. Now u get the error which i have posted in the second screen shot. About com.dwan.igameguardian blah blah..and stuff like that.

Ive tried to repair cydia, ive tried to reinstall cydia using ifile's native installer. Cydia re-installed successfully but when i open cydia it goes back to the same error again.

Is there any way to completely remove cydia? i mean even if i delete cydia.app from ifile, and re-install cydia, im getting this error.

Thanks

Have you tried reJailbreaking? Might work. Just run it right over your old one. Worth a shot.

Thanks

Hi, from your error message, I think that you need to do a google for the igameguardian deb and manually install it with I file, then uninstall it with Cydia. Getting rid of that error might bring Cydia back on line for you.
    Have you tried Cydia after booting up with the volume up button pressed in so no Cydia tweaks are running?

Thanks

Hi, from your error message, I think that you need to do a google for the igameguardian deb and manually install it with I file, then uninstall it with Cydia. Getting rid of that error might bring Cydia back on line for you.
    Have you tried Cydia after booting up with the volume up button pressed in so no Cydia tweaks are running?
    I did try to install igameguardian deb package from google..but when I try to install that's get error code 256. It says it can't replace the package currently existing. I don't understand why it says so since there isn't any packag installed ata ll

I didn't try cydia with no tweaks..how do I do that ? Pls elaborate.

Have you tried reJailbreaking? Might work. Just run it right over your old one. Worth a shot.
    Nope buddy. Re jailbreak cannot reinstall cydia nor it makes any changes unfortunately

Thanks

Hi, if you power off your iPad, then hold the volume up button in and power back on. Keep the button pressed in until the iPad is on and that stops Mobile substrate and your Cydia tweaks from loading. You might find Cydia may work then.

Thanks

Hi, if you power off your iPad, then hold the volume up button in and power back on. Keep the button pressed in until the iPad is on and that stops Mobile substrate and your Cydia tweaks from loading. You might find Cydia may work then.
    Hi Dave,

No luck on this as well. I booted into what might look like a safe mode using your technique. But when i open cydia, it gives me the same error "Duowan.igameguardian needs to be reinstalled, but i cant find a package for it"

I googled this issue, stumbled upon a thread where a user lists few terminal commands, dpkg -p --force-all igameguardian.

still it doesn't solve my problem, but itseems he had it resolved using it. Now what is wrong i don't understand.

Looks like only saurik can do something about it.

Thanks

Hi, ok then, you could try uninstalling igameguardian manually.
    Using iFile create a new folder say "Test" in say the Downloads folder and put your igameguardian install deb file in there. Click on the deb and unarchive the file. You should get a control and data file. Click on the data file and unarchive that one too. You will now have a copy of the files on your system. Go through the newly created folders, this will show you where the I game guardian files are. Just delete the corresponding files (not folders) from root.
    So for an example, if you had in
    /Downloads/Test/Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/igameguardian.plist
    You would go to root folder and delete igameguardian.plist
    From the /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences folder (not the folder)

Once all done, you can delete the Test folder.

Now goto root again, scroll down and in the search box, click on Hierarchy and type in igameguardian and delete any remaining igameguardian files and folders if found. (Save a copy of your igameguardian install deb file first though) Then reboot.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-26-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just my one thought. Could it be possible that you have cracked apps or misbehavin repos still installed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antsu View Post
    Just my one thought. Could it be possible that you have cracked apps or misbehavin repos still installed?
    Absolutely no buddy. I have removed all the repos as soon as Dave suggested me to. Now I have got rid of the error which I used to get in the first screen shot. Now I'm only getting the igameguardian error.

Hi, ok then, you could try uninstalling igameguardian manually.
    Using iFile create a new folder say "Test" in say the Downloads folder and put your igameguardian install deb file in there. Click on the deb and unarchive the file. You should get a control and data file. Click on the data file and unarchive that one too. You will now have a copy of the files on your system. Go through the newly created folders, this will show you where the I game guardian files are. Just delete the corresponding files (not folders) from root.
    So for an example, if you had in
    /Downloads/Test/Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/igameguardian.plist
    You would go to root folder and delete igameguardian.plist
    From the /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences folder (not the folder)

Once all done, you can delete the Test folder.

Now goto root again, scroll down and in the search box, click on Hierarchy and type in igameguardian and delete any remaining igameguardian files and folders if found. (Save a copy of your igameguardian install deb file first though) Then reboot.

Hi dave, thanks a lot for your continual effort to help me out.

I did what you have asked me to. When I went into the preference folder of root. There is no plist file of igameguardian....and after that I went into root and searched for igameguardian..noting came up..looks like igameguardian is removed from the ipad, but still don't know why and how is cydia catching it up out of no where and giving me the error..do you know any such method to which eradicates cydia pop up errors so that it can be used smoothly? Or any such terminal commands to run on cydia?

Here is the screen shot of the search in root..tell me if I'm searing in the wrong place for igame guardian

image.jpg
    Last edited by ravelsnip; 04-26-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Install find tools via debian installer. Run under root updatedb and then just use locate <string> to find/locate files. Just need to ssh into device via pc or itself

Maybe even add syslog sameway as that usually show whats wrong. Just when get it hopefully running add sbsetting swith to turn it off so dont fill up hdd. Syslog can be manually deleted also in /var/log/syslog or cydia also has lotsa tools to clean up once you get back in there.
    Last edited by antsu; 04-26-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks

Maybe using iCleaner?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip;
    I did what you have asked me to. When I went into the preference folder of root. There is no plist file of igameguardian....and after that I went into root and searched for igameguardian..noting came up..looks like igameguardian is removed from the ipad, but still don't know why and how is cydia catching it up out of no where and giving me the error..do you know any such method to which eradicates cydia pop up errors so that it can be used smoothly? Or any such terminal commands to run on cydia?

Here is the screen shot of the search in root..tell me if I'm searing in the wrong place for igame guardian

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    634767[/ATTACH]
    Hi, igameguardian.plist in preferences was just in my example. You have to unarchive the data file first so that you can then see the folder locations of where the install files would go. Then from the first or left most folder (root) you can follow the folder paths to where the installed files are. Then delete them.
    By root I mean just / in iFile and not /var/root as your screen shot. Do a search in / for igameguardian

HOPE YOU HAVE ALSO DONE AN iTunes BACKUP!
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-26-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

I have searched every where for right from the / folder for igameguardian...it does not show up...and i have unarchived as u said the unarchived files stay in the downloads folder, how can i possible know where they get installed, in case i install them? and even if they were installed, wouldn't they be showing up after the/ search?

So what can be our next step here?

Maybe using iCleaner?
    Tried icleaner as well buddy, no help. Tried ILEX RAT to repair cydia, didn't help either. somehow, Cydia always gives the pop up about igameguardian and it goes blank.

What i also don't understand is why the developer of ILEX RAT claims to repair cydia? where practically it just runs a diagnostic utility and points out what errors cydia has. IT NO WAY REPAIRS CYDIA...then why that option was given i really don't understand.
    Last edited by ravelsnip; 04-27-2013 at 11:12 PM.