+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent help needed::cydia fix needed

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
A big thanky to all those tried their best to help me out withthis issue.but looks like everything is lost and there seems no solutionfor my boot loop of death...the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A big thanky to all those tried their best to help me out withthis issue.but looks like everything is lost and there seems no solutionfor my boot loop of death...the ssh andnothing seems to work. Couldnt let my ipad wasted like this for weeks. So finally decided to restore to the latest 6.1.3.

cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive been getting the igameguardian problem as well on my phone. was hoping to find the answer here.
    i dont know about the original poster but the one i got was from a persons repo for game hacks so i was half expecting this to happen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danmo View Post
    ive been getting the igameguardian problem as well on my phone. was hoping to find the answer here.
    i dont know about the original poster but the one i got was from a persons repo for game hacks so i was half expecting this to happen.
    You can see how well it worked out on the last 3 pages. I do know iLEX RAT was updated quite recently, to function as a restore without iTunes. Might be worth a try. This is why I don't play videogames
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, this post has been used by others to clear out corrupted Cydia repos/packages

Cydia seems to be corrupt, and sources\packages are blank... (Parse Failure) - MacRumors Forums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, ultimate facepalm.

Up until now I've never read such a bad case of thread diarrhea. I am both ashamed and embarrassed to even be associated to such people. "DFU" this and "Ruin your iOS" that. Why not just "STFU" and let a real developer tell you how to fix your problem.

1. Open iFile and move into the root "/" folder. Not the "/root/" folder, the "/" root folder.
    2. Select Hierarchy ad search for "iGameGuardian" and give it a few minutes to pop up with results.
    3. Delete all files that look like installed iGameGuardian files. They will be in 3 places (for my version, could be more for others). (a) erase the iGameGuardian.app folder and all its contents. (b) Root/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/aqua.igameguardian...gg.plist or a file close to that. (c) any files associated with iGameGuardian in the Private/var/lib/dpkg/info folder (there should be 6 or more)

Next move into: private/var/lib/dpkg

There is a file called "Status" or something and has no extension. Click on it and open it with a text editor. Search "iGameGuardian" and find all listings that reference some kind of package for iGameGuardian and replace the line that says something about "half-installed" to "purge ok not-installed" without the quotes. You will notice most of the other app references say "install ok installed" and that's the portion you will be changing for iGameGuardian.

Now reboot your idevice. Grab your favorite shades and put them on because next time you open Cydia, you will notice that error no longer shows up and that all your packages show again. You wear the shades because now you can roam Cydia like a boss again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Correction, just delete that section altogether. The history of the iGameGuardian.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123