+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent help needed::cydia fix needed

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, tricky to explain, but Cydia extracts/unarchives files from a deb and saves them from the root "/" location. If you extract the deb file in the Downloads folder, you
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, tricky to explain, but Cydia extracts/unarchives files from a deb and saves them from the root "/" location. If you extract the deb file in the Downloads folder, you will see new folders being made with files in them in the Download folder. Now scroll/tap through these folders to see what files are added during the install process. So if you now go to the root location (very first folder on the system) and do the same, scroll/tap through the same order of folders as before, you will arrive at the folder where some of the install files would be. If there, delete them and repeat for all folder locations generated by the deb unarchive process.

Also have a look at Folder
    /var/cache/apt/archives
    This is where Cydia saves its downloaded deb files.
    Delete all files there EXCEPT the lock file and partial folder.
    Now look in the partial folder and delete everything inside that folder.
    Respring and try Cydia.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-28-2013 at 03:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi Dave,

I did as you said and there is no corresponding folder nor archives or files in the root
    for the "TEST" unarchive which i made using the .deb file...i don't know for sure, but in ios6 i dont think so the unarchive process would put a replica of the files in the root folder..searched each and every folder since the last few hours but igameguadian does not exist.

I also went into the cache and apt folder and checked in the archives folder...only lock and partial folder is there. PArtical folder is empty, does not have any files.

looks like it is completely screwed. there must be some file or folder causing this error and must be a way around it surely

Thanks

Update.
    Ok, thought I better post a comment here. Upto this point, the too many repos problem was fixed and removing all traces of igameguadian completed but...

What I suggested here about deleting Cydia and reinstalling it didn't work and you are probably best skipping the rest and going to post #44
    Thanks.

Hi, just wondering, in an earlier post you said you have removed all your repos, have you still got the stock ones installed? Bigboss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, ModMyi, Dev Team, ZodTTD & MacCiti.
    If not, i would add these from The Cydia home page under "More Package Sources"

Also
    In did a Google and this sounds worth a go...

navigate to /var/lib/cydia/

delete the metadata.plist...(this will remove all ur added source inside cydia and reset them to original one, so please kindly add back ur source after that)..

and delete this files too..

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

finally, delete anything inside

/var/lib/dpkg/updates/ (dont delete the folder)

reboot ur iphone and open cydia.. u are done.. u got a fresh new cydia..

From post at...
    Cydia seems to be corrupt, and sources\packages are blank... (Parse Failure) - MacRumors Forums
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 06-29-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks

Hi dave I did what u said and it almost worked but.........cydia is crashing now... Here is the screen shot of it...cydia is starting fresh like you mentioned, but the problem is as soon I select any of the option from developer or user or hacker it crashes.. image.jpg

Tried to re install cydia after deleting cydia.app..still it didn't work... Now i can't even uninstall a package too... cydia just crashes on me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Hi, you have the Cydia deb file. How about extracting it into a new folder in the Downloads folder and manually deleting the corresponding files from root with iFile like you did before with igameguardian.deb
    Now with the Cydia files manually removed, use iFile to install a fresh copy of your Cydia 1.1.8 deb and reboot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, you have the Cydia deb file. How about extracting it into a new folder in the Downloads folder and manually deleting the corresponding files from root with iFile like you did before with igameguardian.deb
    Now with the Cydia files manually removed, use iFile to install a fresh copy of your Cydia 1.1.8 deb and reboot
    Hi Dave, i did exactly that, unarchived the data.tar file and then manually deleted the sub contents of the main folder....and then re-installed cydia...

now what happens is a night mare, now all my cydia installed apps are crashing, not just cydia..looks like im more Screwed here...now ifile wont open, it crashes on me..

i cant even launch terminal totally screwed...is there any way i cannot restore to 6.1.2 now? using my shshblobs? wont it help in any way?

Thanks

Great now im stuck at the apple boot screen...i tried to restart and check if everything was working fine, but no...the ipad wont boot now..

im finished!! lost the data as well.....

any help anyone?

Thanks

Hi, if you are stuck on the Apple logo, you have the volume up trick, then see if iFile will work and install Cydia deb. or you could try re-jailbreaking with Evasi0n. Just get it into DFU mode first.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks

Hi, if you are stuck on the Apple logo, you have the volume up trick, then see if iFile will work and install Cydia deb. or you could try re-jailbreaking with Evasi0n. Just get it into DFU mode first.
    No luck on volume up and power button either...

Tried to re jailbreak using dfu mode...but evasion does not recognise it in dfu mode....th "jailbreak" option is greyed out :/

Thanks

Ok, Redsnow recovery fix is worth a go. You could see if iFunbox sees your iPad file system via USB. Also try WinSCP if you know your iPads usual WiFi IP address (only works if you have Cydia's tweak OpenSSH installed)
    Does evasion see the iPad at the Apple logo?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe using Tiny Umbrella's "Fix Recovery" option will get you out of the boot loop? Worth a try as well. It's very hard to brick an iPhone to the point of restore. I would recommend a lot of researching on Google, before you hit iTunes, to save your jailbreak if the answers aren't on these forums.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Maybe using Tiny Umbrella's "Fix Recovery" option will get you out of the boot loop? Worth a try as well. It's very hard to brick an iPhone to the point of restore. I would recommend a lot of researching. on Google, before you hit iTunes, to save your jailbreak if the answers aren't on these forums.
    Hi. I put the ipad in DFU mode and try to fix it using tiny umbrella. did not work, i only get the "bling" sound on my laptop and then the process restarts like a loop and nothing happens.

What i might have done wrong is, in ifile, i did a search for cydia and might have deleted some of the important system files, which might have caused this issue.

Ok, Redsnow recovery fix is worth a go. You could see if iFunbox sees your iPad file system via USB. Also try WinSCP if you know your iPads usual WiFi IP address (only works if you have Cydia's tweak OpenSSH installed)
    Does evasion see the iPad at the Apple logo?

Evasion does not see ipad, does not recognise no matter if it is in boot loop or in DFU mode.

for evasion to work, one needs to ipad fully switched on...That is how i think the GUI is made.

Tried redsnow, aint working either

Like i said, my chancs are running out and everything is pointing towards restore...IMO, we shouldn't have messed with cydia, should have used it like that unless a new JB arrived. now im supposed to restore and use it without JB atleast.
    Last edited by ravelsnip; 05-01-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You should be able to ssh into ipad even if on boot loop if openssh installed. And if not totally fuxored. But then you need lil linux knowledge to fix what is broken.

Mind me, I dont write long manuals. Just giving short advices.
    Last edited by antsu; 05-02-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

Hi, just wondering, have you tried iFunbox over USB?
    Do you know if you have OpenSSH installed?
    Also have you another iDevice?

Thanks

Hi, just wondering, have you tried iFunbox over USB?
    Do you know if you have OpenSSH installed?
    Also have you another iDevice?
    Yes Dave, SSH is installed and I did use winscp previously, but it ain't working now. My ipad is not on a ipaddress at all..I have opened up the wifi router page to check on the attached devices, my ipad is not connected since it ois in the start up mode itself, stuck, looping.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I few times chmodded files wrong and deleted sys files but was still able to ssh into idevice as soon as apple logo came up on boot cycle.

I just use normal ssh client via wintendo, iphone or linux (either via wifi or usb). Never seen winscp so cant say anything about it.

For IP just use normal scanner and scan lan when idevice connected. Incase connecting pc cant detect it. Depends on router, but ip usually doesent change. Depends on lease time. I have dynamic ip for my public ip and it last changed 1998. Thanks for ups. Why pay for static ip

But from ealier posts sounds like you need to factory restore and do a clean install for couple months untill ios 7 and new jb.
    Last edited by antsu; 05-02-2013 at 11:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with antsu at this point. I've been following this for awhile now, and things have seemingly gone from bad to worse. Sometimes you just gotta admit defeat, lose a battle to keep fighting the war and all that Besides at least you can use your iPad to beta test iOS7 when the dev seed goes out, but in the mean time it will at least be functional.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks

I couldnt have said that better. Tried to be nice :0)

Thanks

Hi, it's a shame Evasion doesn't work from DFU mode.

If you are at the apple logo try SSH from terminal on another iPhone or mac.

[GUIDE] How to reboot, respring, and safe mode via SSH | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

If you haven't got a backup, then this software was mentioned a few weeks ago in a ModMyi post. Apparently it works from DFU mode which you say you can get into.

How to Recover Photos, Videos and Music from iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

If use wintendo can put a ssh client into my dropbox for home use to download. Cant be used for commercial use. Mail me. I wont post link public.