Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 5.1.1 upgrade to 6.1.2 possible?

Default iPad 2 5.1.1 upgrade to 6.1.2 possible?
    Been trying to fn if it's possible to upgrade to IOS 6 but can't see how? have I missed the opportunity?

Appreciate any help..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Without the blobs can't be done sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Without the blobs can't be done sorry
    Thanks for the reply, if I go in Cydia it says only 5.1.1 & 6.1.3 but if I open Tiny umbrella it says I have saved shsh 6.0 & 6.01 can I use these? sorry been looking and am lost in so many threads about if its possible. Dam I wish I had upgraded earlier

Thanks

Did you ever save them with ifaith or tiny umbrella. Cause the thing is cydia had issues with 6.0 firmwares and all blobs were corrupted. Soft dfu mode happens when updating to 6.0 with corrupted shsh blobs. And can be a pain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

boomish69 (04-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Did you ever save them with ifaith or tiny umbrella. Cause the thing is cydia had issues with 6.0 firmwares and all blobs were corrupted. Soft dfu mode happens when updating to 6.0 with corrupted shsh blobs. And can be a pain.
    Yes I have them in Tiny Umbrella..does that mean it's possible ? still googling but it seems like it's not. really appreciate help I have to update to 6 for an app to run and I really don't want to loose the jailbreak

Thanks

Just remembered this read where it says for iPad 2 users.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-re-...using-redsn0w/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

boomish69 (04-19-2013)

Well turns out I have blobs for 5.1.1,6.01,6.1 & 6.12 I think I can use Redsnow to open the IPSW and the blob to upgrade..I can't find any tutorial just ones on downgrading, but just read in the tutorials here that the blobs are no use so now confused if I can't I don't want to attempt it and bugger the iPad..
    So does any one know how I can use the blobs to upgrade to 6.12?
    Last edited by boomish69; 04-19-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Here are the requirements for you to upgrade/downgrade firmware on iPad 2. You must have the following SHSHs:

1. Saved SHSH blob on iOS 4.x.x
    2. Saved SHSH blob on iOS 5.x.x
    3. Saved SHSH blob on iOS 6.x.x (Saved by iFaith or TinyUmbrella; note that iOS 6.x.x auto-save by Cydia are invalid).

Based on your post, you don't have the iOS 4.x.x blob, so there is no way for you to upgrade/downgrade to any firmware except for the one currently signs by Apple (6.1.3).