Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Moviebox problems!! Please help!!

  1. #1
    Default Moviebox problems!! Please help!!
    Hey guys, so I was using moviebox on my iPad 2 and I tried renaming a movie in ifile and it made all my moviebox movies unplayable, I tried downloading more movies but when it is finished it just stays in the queue it doesn't transfer over into library I've tried uninstalling both moviebox and ifile and reinstalling them one at a time (trying it again before installing ifile) still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Thanks in advance Brent.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, you could check the file permissions of its download folder.

  3. #3
    Where would I find it, what should be set at?

    Everything was working great until I tried to change the name of one of the movies and it all went downhill from there

  4. #4
    K, I compared it to my sons iPod found some settings in Artworks that were not right. I matched them to the iPod and now everything works.

  5. #5
    I have no idea on this app. as i don't jailbreak my iPad and always watch the movies use hulu or rip DVD movies by handbrake and ifunia.
    But I think you could change the name of the movies before transfer to your iPad, is that possible?
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

  6. #6
    Thank you Janet 55, I've had a jailbroken iPhone for two years now, that is how I found moviebox. Movie box has more content than any other site I have came across with a simple easy to use interface. That is the only reason I jailbroke my iPad in the first place. I screwed something up trying to change the name of a movie but I figured it out it's fixed now and working great if you like watching movies or TV shows with your iPad than you might consider jailbreaking and downloading movie box it's worth it. :-)

  7. #7
    Hey Brent, would you mind sharing how you fixed this? I did the same exact thing but I'm a noobie so i'm not sure on what to do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VNTommy View Post
    Hey Brent, would you mind sharing how you fixed this? I did the same exact thing but I'm a noobie so i'm not sure on what to do.
    No problem go to ifile, "library" scroll down to "artworks" and tap on the blue arrow on the right and match your settings to the ones in the picture below. Good luck and enjoyImageUploadedByModMyi1366000719.514864.jpg

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentbeeler View Post
    No problem go to ifile, "library" scroll down to "artworks" and tap on the blue arrow on the right and match your settings to the ones in the picture below. Good luck and enjoyImageUploadedByModMyi1366000719.514864.jpg
    Ahh this didnt work for me, unfortunately. Whenever i download something from moviebox it says download complete but stays stuck on 100% and i can't find it anywhere on ifile.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by VNTommy View Post
    Ahh this didnt work for me, unfortunately. Whenever i download something from moviebox it says download complete but stays stuck on 100% and i can't find it anywhere on ifile.
    Your settings match exactly what's on that picture in artworks?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentbeeler View Post
    Your settings match exactly what's on that picture in artworks?
    Yeah

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by VNTommy View Post
    Yeah
    Were your access permissions already correct or did you have to change them? If so did you try re-downloading a movie after you changed them to match the picture? If you did and it still isn't working maybe try uninstalling movie box and ifile and then reinstalling them and checking your access permissions once again. FYI Probably doesn't matter but I got movie box from insanelyi repo

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentbeeler View Post
    Were your access permissions already correct or did you have to change them? If so did you try re-downloading a movie after you changed them to match the picture? If you did and it still isn't working maybe try uninstalling movie box and ifile and then reinstalling them and checking your access permissions once again. FYI Probably doesn't matter but I got movie box from insanelyi repo
    Yeah i had to change them, i tried redownloading a movie still doesnt work. Ill try reinstalling moviebox and ifile again.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by VNTommy View Post
    Yeah i had to change them, i tried redownloading a movie still doesnt work. Ill try reinstalling moviebox and ifile again.
    Let me know

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentbeeler View Post
    Let me know
    Yeah still not working, i guess ill just stream instead

  16. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    905
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 69 Times in 66 Posts

    Hi, you may have some left over files after uninstalling.
    Uninstall through Cydia then with iFile select the root directory and drag the screen down to reveal the search box and click on Hierarchy. Then search for moviebox and delete any files found. Finally delete your artworks folder, reinstall and respring.

  17. #17
    Also This may sound stupid and obvious but thought it's worth saying make sure you have enough free space for the movie

    Keep us posted, we'll get it figured out eventually.

  18. #18
    Ahhhhh!!! So happy right now! Dave's info was correct, thank you both for helping me!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by VNTommy View Post
    Ahhhhh!!! So happy right now! Dave's info was correct, thank you both for helping me!
    You bet, Enjoy its an awesome app!

  20. #20
    Hell yeah! Best movie app i've used so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •