+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak help please!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello modmyi, I am a very big fan of the jailbreak and cydia. I used to have my ipad jailbroken on 5.1.1 but it stuffed up (due to me deleting
    What's Jailbreak? Deepfriedbaconandsnickers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreak help please!
    Hello modmyi,

I am a very big fan of the jailbreak and cydia. I used to have my ipad jailbroken on 5.1.1 but it stuffed up (due to me deleting voiceservices in iFile) on the exact day 6.1.3 came out. So now I'm on 6.1.3 without Cydia. I've come across some jailbreak tools but found they're all scams, e.g. Devteamjailbreak (fake evasi0n that just leads to a survey). Anyway, I was wondering If there is a legitimate jailbreak for iPad 2 wifi iOS 6.1.3 (I don't care whether it's tethered or not because I only use it at home). If not is there a way to downgrade to 5.1.1? I have SHSH blobs saved on CYDIA but not my computer. I know redsn0w grabs them from Cydia but I need them on my PC for tinyumbrella. I've used reds0w to restore and keep the same iOS (5.1.1 to 5.1.1), but it doesn't work for iOS 6.1.3 to 5.1.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, this is my first post so if its in the wrong section, please just tell me nicely and I will post somewhere else.

EDIT: plz don't just post that it can't be done because i will have to go through a whole list of no-no-no-no-no-no until I find a positive answer.

-Nathan Davis
    Last edited by Deepfriedbaconandsnickers; 04-06-2013 at 06:36 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I know you said don't post it can't be done, but I figure it's better than you not knowing at all and still searching. There's currently only a semi untethered JB for iPhone4, iPhone 3Gs, and iPod4 running iOS 6.1.3 and there almost certainly won't be another untethered JB until after iOS7's release. On the bright side at least there's no mile long list to scroll through
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks
    Ok thanks I already knew all that tho. Btw everyone who reads this DO NOT USE ICYSN0W IT'S A VIRUS THAT GOT ONTO MY PC CLAIMING TO BE AN UNTETHERED JAILBREAK FOR 6.1.3. Uh I think when iOS 7 comes out there will be less tweaks compatible and that'd be a shame because I like to have lots of tweaks on my iPad. Does anyone know how to downgrade without being jailbroken but SHSH blobs saved? Oh btw I got my SHSH blobs from Cydia using TinyUmbrella.

Looks like I'll have to sell my current iPad, sell heaps of Xbox games, sell my iPod 2g and then buy a preowned iOS 5.1.1/6.0 iPad.
    Last edited by Deepfriedbaconandsnickers; 04-08-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1366549431.813021.jpg21/4/2013: yep guys, gonna buy a refurbished/Preowned iPad 3. @Posixninja is waiting for iOS 7 to come out until he makes a jailbreak...

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

He probably won't be the one to release it. A lot of people are skeptical, he'll probably tweet after the beta launches that some, if not all, his exploits got patched lol. I might just stay on 6.1.3 Tethered. I like it, best JB I've had since Greenpios0n on 4.2.1
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Untethered jb is only for ipod,iPhone Seems not for ipad ,,, try jbn website u may find semi untethered jb for 6.1.3😁