+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PKGbackup bricked my ipad and charged me $10 too

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Thank a lot a......oles Bricked ipad 3. Nothing else was done that day on my end, so STAY AWAY. Followed directions word for word and while I know I won't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PKGbackup bricked my ipad and charged me $10 too
    Thank a lot a......oles

Bricked ipad 3. Nothing else was done that day on my end, so STAY AWAY.
    Followed directions word for word and while I know I won't get my ipad back to jailbroken, I don't even know if my ipad will work again,

You hackers are Lucky you can hide behind the computer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have used PKGbackup off and on for a couple of years on a 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad1 and iPad2. It once saved me a lot of time in restoring but for the last few iterations, I've found it to be buggy, poorly written and maintained software that doesn't do what it promises. The dev team recommends against it. The writer takes weeks to reply to questions and then doesn't really address the problem. I've finally given up on it and will remove it from my iDevices but I've never had it do anything insidious to my devices. My advice is: It's a waste of money and not worth the hassle. Sorry about your iPad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to disagree on this. This app has saved my butt quite a few times in past few years. If ever been a prob, they usually reply to email in 30-90 mins. Everytime been solved. Usually happened lil hickup when iOS updated. They allways put out a fix usually latest next day.

I gotta say I love this app and works perfect to DropBox and Box for me. Never any bigger bugs nor brobs.