+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Restore iPad 2 WiFi

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm at the breaking point. I've been trying to restore my iPad 2 firmware all day today, and have had no such luck. Between trying 2 seperate firmware versions, 3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't Restore iPad 2 WiFi
    I'm at the breaking point. I've been trying to restore my iPad 2 firmware all day today, and have had no such luck. Between trying 2 seperate firmware versions, 3 computers, and many a trial and error, I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

My iPad 2 wifi only is currently at ios 5.1.1, and I am trying to restore to the same version. I also have shsh saved for 4.3.5, and would be willing to downgrade if it'll just work. The reson I want to restore is that the iPad has become super laggy and slow, apps keep crashing and some don't even open, and I just want to start it fresh.

The problem I'm having is I keep getting various error codes while I try to restore. So far today I've gotten errors 21, 1600, 1601, and 3194, and it just seems like each solution to each specific error code causes one of the others to start again.

I could use any and all help, whether through a teamviewer session or Skype, just anything would help.

Thanks again.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,214 Times in 5,540 Posts

Are you following these instructions EXACTLY as they are written?

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-re-...using-redsn0w/
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Use TinyUmbrella and uncheck 'set host to cydia' and 'saveSHSH to Cydia' boxes.
    Go back to iTunes and it should work now with no errors.
    I had the same problem and it drove me mad for a day trying to fix it.
    Good luck.