+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Delete Data on Ipad 3 and Maintain Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have been researching on how to do this, I do not want to do a full restore/reset. I'm giving my jailbroke Ipad 3 to my daughter, so not worried
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to Delete Data on Ipad 3 and Maintain Jailbreak
    I have been researching on how to do this, I do not want to do a full restore/reset.

I'm giving my jailbroke Ipad 3 to my daughter, so not worried about personal data
    in a bad way.

I have everything perfect, so rather than take the time to re-jailbreak and download
    all my Cydia tweaks, apps, reset, etc., I just want to give it to her, change it to her
    Apple ID.

I have seen an app called Panic Room that would erase my personal info, would remove
    what apps that might be left.

How would I get to where she needs to be to set up under her name, then should
    could restore from cloud backup?

Hope this makes sense, I just want to leave as is, minus my personal, and put her
    personal in, no security issues!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

As far as I know, the only way to trigger an iCloud restore is to use the "Erase all contents and setting" function in settings.

Doing that to a jail broken device will break the jailbreak, requiring a restore.

If you have an ipad1 or iPad2 you have options to restore to 5.x if you saved the SHSH blobs with Cydia. iPad 3, I don't think so.

So, in short, I don't think you can do it, unless you want 6.0.1 on it, without a jailbreak.

Art
    Last edited by artbatista; 12-16-2012 at 07:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think u can't, if u will erase all data with jailbreak on ur device, u will have a white sreen, and it can be fixed only by restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you need to permanently delete data from iPad, My recommendation is iPhone Data Eraser, which can erase all data including contacts, messages, call history, apps, system setting, photo, video, keyboard cache, safari bookmark. Indeed, iPhone Data Eraser worth trusting and it makes the work more effective. What you need is a windows computer. One single click and data deletion finish. In addition, the program also works well with iPad and iPod Touch.