Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can the iPad 3 Refubs available right now from the Apple Store be jailbroken?

Default Can the iPad 3 Refubs available right now from the Apple Store be jailbroken?
    Ready to pick up an iPad, but don't want one that cannot be jailbroken.

Is this 3rd Gen 16GB Wifi model compatible with current iPad Jb'ing?
    Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB - Black (3rd generation) - Apple Store (U.S.)

I assume it will come with whatever the latest iOS version is, will that be a problem or prevent it being jailbroken as soon as I get it home?

Thanks for any help and insight!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

If it has 5.x.x firmware and hasn't been updated to 6.0 then yes.

Just got off the phone with Apple and they said which iOS will depend on when it was refurbed. Could be either 5.x.x or 6 so it's a gamble.

I'll probably just take the chance ordering one and return it if it comes with 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

Yup, or hang on to it, we're all hoping a new jailbreak for iOS 6 comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yup, or hang on to it, we're all hoping a new jailbreak for iOS 6 comes out soon.
    Not a chance. Moment an A6 iOS 6 jailbreak is out I'm getting the brand new one as well as a mini if that can be jb'd as well.

Even if I get the 5.x.x I'll be selling it to subsidize the newest one as soon as it can be jailbroken.