Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck in safe mode, after reset all settings

Default stuck in safe mode, after reset all settings
    Im kicking myself for doing it but i reset all settings on my iPad 2 ios 5.1.1 with jailbreak now I'm stuck in a safe mode loop anybody know if this will result in me having to re jailbreak or would a incompatible app from cydia now be causing this even though safe mode was working and rebooting before and i didn't install anything

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Why did you reset your settings. They say when ya do that with a jail broken device a normal fix is a restore. Ya tried holding home and lock button till it turns off and back on?

Because my stupid gps was causing me grief and i thought it might fix the problem, and i washaving some general buggy issues that I've been ignoring for quite some time, but that's all moot now, so a restore is probably my only fix or are you uncertain

Thanks

Try what I said about holding the power buttons and all see if it will knock it off of there

Tried that before my post, no dice!!! :-(

Thanks

Well you could always restore it to 6.0 and go back down to 5.1.1 if ya have the blobs for 5.1.1

I do have the blobs saved in Cydia but I've never actually gone through the process of using them for anything, have to check into that

Thanks

Just noticed you have an ipad2 won't be able to downgrade from 6.0. But depending on what blobs ya have we can git something going I would think.

Never had to use blobs, how does that work any tips suggestions, info, step by step preferably lol

Thanks

Download tiny umbrella on ya and follow this tutorial.

http://www.ehow.com/how_11368768_shs...yumbrella.html

I, out of stupid frustration, did this exact thing. I was having trouble with something and thought that a reset would work. It didn't and now I'm stuck in safe mode.

Here's what I did on my Iphone 4, iOS 5.1.1. I did a bunch of restarts and nothing. I re-jailbroke my phone and nothing. I started deleting any Cydia programs that were not BigBoss, Cydia, Modmyi, Insanlyi, etc. Basically anything that isn't Cydia approved or written. Again same thing. I downloaded the crash report app and I deleted my dj program, facebook, etc. And still nothing.

Finally, I deleted Dreamboard. Now I'm up and running like nothing happened.

Why and how this worked I don't know. This isn't my first rodeo dealing with **** like this and spending all day trying to figure it out but I can tell you that I'm happy that I didn't have to do a full restore and use my blobs to downgrade back to 5.1.1.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skillnwill For This Useful Post:

Famebound (04-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skillnwill View Post
    I, out of stupid frustration, did this exact thing. I was having trouble with something and thought that a reset would work. It didn't and now I'm stuck in safe mode.

Here's what I did on my Iphone 4, iOS 5.1.1. I did a bunch of restarts and nothing. I re-jailbroke my phone and nothing. I started deleting any Cydia programs that were not BigBoss, Cydia, Modmyi, Insanlyi, etc. Basically anything that isn't Cydia approved or written. Again same thing. I downloaded the crash report app and I deleted my dj program, facebook, etc. And still nothing.

Finally, I deleted Dreamboard. Now I'm up and running like nothing happened.

Why and how this worked I don't know. This isn't my first rodeo dealing with **** like this and spending all day trying to figure it out but I can tell you that I'm happy that I didn't have to do a full restore and use my blobs to downgrade back to 5.1.1.
    Please read the forum rules. We cannot help with piracy or cracked repos here thank you.

i made an account just so i could thak you. i have spent hours now searchching for ayway to fix my ipad and i was getting ready to reset my entire ipad when it was suggested i delete dreamboard and so i did. YOU GENIUS you fixed my ipad and all it took was deleting one thing off cydia. THANK YOU!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Famebound's Avatar
    Thanks

Skillnwill, THANK YOU! I tried everything! I spent all day trying to figure it out. You're my hero!

Default Thank you!!!!!
    i did the same thing trying to fix my bluetooth and i have spent days trying to fix it and finally i saw this and deleted dreamboard and its fine now Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much!! Made my day

I deleted DREAMBOARD and my phone came out of safe mode. I also deleted multiple Cydia programs. I'll NEVER do a "reset all settings" again!
    Last edited by Turbo1dr; 01-10-2014 at 03:31 PM.