+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad 3..

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a couple of iPhones, jailbroken, but thry're out of warranty, so, no biggie. Got me an iPad3, with coverage, up to 2 accidental drops replacement (got a kid,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New iPad 3..
    I have a couple of iPhones, jailbroken, but thry're out of warranty, so, no biggie. Got me an iPad3, with coverage, up to 2 accidental drops replacement (got a kid, had to). Am worried that if I JB and restore to factory settings in case I do need the coverage, the store I bought it at will be able to tell that it was JB'd, and won't honor my warr nor replacement support. Kinda newbie question, but is there a way to make sure that when I restore to factory settings, there isn't any leftover crap from the JB?

Bottom line, can I make it nice and clean or am I forever doomed once I JB the 3?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Restore from new and nothing will be there you will be good.

Thanks

When you restore an iPhone, iPod, or iTouch, factory settings is really what you get. Cydia and all of the tweaks, themes, and apps you got from Cydia will be gone, as well as your data.

If you restore from a backup, Cydia and everything you got from Cydia will be gone but you will have a whole bunch of "other" space that is filled up on your iDevice so don't restore from a jailbroken backup.

If you do restore to factory settings, just put each and every thing you want on your device using iTunes but don't restore from a jailbroken backup!!!