+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore help

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey guys got a sick iPad. I'm getting put into safe mode and if I click on restart it restarts but the blue box pops right back up saying I'm
    Thanks

Default Restore help
    Hey guys got a sick iPad. I'm getting put into safe mode and if I click on restart it restarts but the blue box pops right back up saying I'm in safe mode. I've tried the hard reset but that doesn't help.
    So, I just simply want to restore and start over. I tried going into settings/ reset/ reset / erase all content. After I do that the apple logo and loading bar pops up for a second then disappears and all I get is the little spinning pinwheel.....
    I tried restoring through iTunes but I get this error: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad, the disk could not be read from or written to.
    So basically I'm stuck in safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What was the last thing u installed? Try uninstalling the last few things u installed in cydia. Should fix the issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    What was the last thing u installed? Try uninstalling the last few things u installed in cydia. Should fix the issue
    Yeah it's been about 4 days since I've put anything on here. The last thing I put on there I deleted, still a no go....
    It was running very laggy so I tried restoring through settings and that's when the safe mode problem started.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You made probably the worst mistake you can ever make. NEVER do the erase content or any of that stuff from settings. That's why you're having this issue.

Alright, so I did a bit of research and came up with two factors: Either update your iTunes as it may be our of date, OR delete some stuff off your computer as your memory could be becoming full.

Try both of these and see what happens.
    Last edited by H4CK3R; 07-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (07-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    You made probably the worst mistake you can ever make. NEVER do the erase content or any of that stuff from settings. That's why you're having this issue.

Alright, so I did a bit of research and came up with two factors: Either update your iTunes as it may be our of date, OR delete some stuff off your computer as your memory could be becoming full.

Try both of these and see what happens.
    That doesn't sound good.... I'll try what you said. I'm trying to update iTunes but I don't have enough hard drive space. I want to delete some of my old backups, I have a ton saved on there. I searched how to do this it says to go to edit/ preferences/ devices. When I click on edit, preferences isn't one of my options though. Any thoughts.
    Thanks for your reply by the way

Thanks

No wonder then! Hard drive space is the exact term that post used. So I'm thinking it's your hard drive for sure.

As for deleting backups, The other way to delete these backup files is by opening a Finder window, pressing Command-Shift-G, and typing this directory path: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup. From there you can just drag them into the trash bin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (07-29-2012)

Thanks

I got them deleted. Now updating then I'll try restoring and I'll let ya know. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks

No problem. Good luck bro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (07-29-2012)

Thanks

Damn. I tried restoring, it DL for like 10 mins and finished then I got another error saying: The ipad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (21).
    And the ipad screen is showing the itunes symbol with the plug....

Thanks

Dude, you can't get a break can you? Lol.

Try this:

These errors typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. Follow Troubleshooting security software issues to resolve this issue. In rare cases, these errors may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

So I'd also try another computer if you can...

Thanks

Don't have another computer. Tried again and got the same error. I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Well I used tiny umbrella and got out recovery mode. So my iPad is back up and running again but is in safe mode. Kinda afraid to try the restore again. I'll mess with it again tomorrow. Thanks again for your help
    Last edited by nnfdcane; 07-29-2012 at 10:08 PM.