+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable external volume control?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I recently installed my iPad in my cars dash, more of a permanent install. Its connected to my Kenwood CD player which is located in the glovebox. The only gripes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Disable external volume control?
    I recently installed my iPad in my cars dash, more of a permanent install. Its connected to my Kenwood CD player which is located in the glovebox. The only gripes I have is I am not able to control the iPads volume from the iPad itself when it is connected to the stereo. Is there an app in Cydia that will override external controls and allow me to use the iPad volume settings?

Second thing I was looking for is a Cydia app that will automatically lock my screen when it is unplugged from the charger(and maybe even unlock when plugged back in)

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would you need to disable volume buttons? As for your iPad volume, just double click the home buttons and swipe to the right, and there is a brightness and volume slider right there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImaPenguinGuy View Post
    Why would you need to disable volume buttons? As for your iPad volume, just double click the home buttons and swipe to the right, and there is a brightness and volume slider right there.
    I no longer have access to the buttons because of the way the iPad is mounted into my dash. Even if I did I am still unable to control the volume from the iPad itself while its plugged into my stereo. Im looking for a way to disable the feature that only allows volume control through an external device and bring it back to the iPad itself.

Disable external volume control?-2012-07-24_14-37-36_413.jpg