+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad2 3G issues

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
My iPad is on 5.1.1 and recently after jailbreaking I noticed my 3G connection keeps dropping either when it automatically switches from wifi to data, or when I left my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad2 3G issues
    My iPad is on 5.1.1 and recently after jailbreaking I noticed my 3G connection keeps dropping either when it automatically switches from wifi to data, or when I left my iPad idle for hours. It just says could not activate cellular network or something like that.

Often times I had to turn it off, then on again to get a connection. I've checked on sbsettings toggle that my ip address for data sometimes appears to be "NA" and sometimes if the address starts with 2-digit, I'm sure it will not load any pages. So I had to switch it off then on, sometimes repeatedly, through sbsettings toggles, until I get a 3-digit number at the front of my ip.

It's not a service issue as I've checked with my other devices so I'm sure it's the iPad and something with the jailbreak. Never had any issue on 5.0 jailbreak though. Also, I installed AirBlue as soon as I jailbreak my iPad, so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Doesn't seem likely though. Help!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amycrowab View Post
    you need to upgrade to jail break version which you can get online same was the issue with me and i was going nuts then i found some website then it took of!
    +1 try rejailbreaking with the latest version of absinthe. Also make sure your rocky raccoon is updated to the latest version.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is really annoying. I have also faced the same. Try to restart your iPad and remove the sim card and put it back. Then reset the network settings and see what happens.