Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does jailbreak corrupt iCloud backup?

Default Does jailbreak corrupt iCloud backup?
    Previously, your iPad / iPhone would be backed up using iTunes on your computer which would save the backup on your hard drive.

With the introduction of iCloud backup that's no longer necessary.

However, I also remember that once you jailbroke your iPad / iPhone then you would be advised against using your backup the next time you updated the OS or had to restore your device for whatever reason. My guess is, restoring from a jailbroken backup would cause unexpected issues on our device including worsened battery life.

Does this apply for iCloud backups as well? For instance my iPad jailbroken on 5.1.1 is giving me a few strange issues. I have backed up my iPad using iCloud. If I do a full restore + jailbroke again, can I restore data and stuff from the iCloud backup? Or, is it likely to cause issues and so I should setup as a new device?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Everything should still be there. Every time I jailbreak I start from scratch. Things just go a lot smoother IMO. I recently jailbroken my iPad 2 and all my iCloud data was there. For instance game backups and other app backups. Hope this helps you.

U can always restore from an iCloud back-up by clicking reset all settings twice apparently. Never tried it but have read numerous post about it.
    Last edited by Chattownwes; 06-19-2012 at 07:41 AM.