+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPAD 2 Wifi only Jailbreak 5.0.1 to 5.1 NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
ok heres the deal I have my Ipad 2 16gb Wifi only jailbroken 5.0.1 (9A405) I want to update my jailbreak to the current one 5.1 since now it is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation IPAD 2 Wifi only Jailbreak 5.0.1 to 5.1 NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok heres the deal I have my Ipad 2 16gb Wifi only jailbroken 5.0.1 (9A405) I want to update my jailbreak to the current one 5.1 since now it is available....

After researching I learned that you could get it through Cydia on the device, As I try to do this, this is what I get...

IPAD 2 Wifi only Jailbreak 5.0.1 to 5.1 NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!-photo.png

As Ive tried doin a Full Restore on Itunes I get error 3194 an cannot even restore my Ipad to regular non jailbroken software, can anyone out there help me update my Ipad 2 weather its Untethered 5.1 or Stock 5.1

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

You need to restore/update to 5.1.1 first. Then use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak it.

error 3194 fix: Open tiny umbrella, click advanced, deselect box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit". Click apply, close tiny umbrella and try the restore/update again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You need to restore/update to 5.1.1 first. Then use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak it.

error 3194 fix: Open tiny umbrella, click advanced, deselect box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit". Click apply, close tiny umbrella and try the restore/update again.
    After completing the step with iTunes will iTunes then let me restore with no problems???

Thanks

It should if you do the 3194 fix simon mentioned
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

trying this out now but when tinyymbrell opens the box that says set host to cydia on exit isnt available to select/deselect at all

Thanks

Mine is like that too for some reason. Google for a older version of tiny umbrella, I know 5.10.01 doesnt have that setting greyed out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fully Restored!!!!! thanks you guys I think it has something to do with my PC. I was having problems on my main one switched to the old one an restored no problems at all now to jailbreak thanks you guys this helped out so much!

Thanks

Glad to hear it