Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked Ipad 3 after Siri install... Looping apple, can't get out.

Default Bricked Ipad 3 after Siri install... Looping apple, can't get out.
    So I have a question now that my ipad 3 is bricked from the Siri install process gdeluxe said would work. How do I get it out?

It's in an endless apple boot. Apple comes on, stays lit for about 2 min, then reboots. Using tinyumbrella to put it into recovery and try to restore does not work. Running into DFU mode does not work.

Oddly during this "apple load load up" you can access files through I-funbox for about 2 min. I deleted all files I could find with siri in them but could not execute them. Also Spire. Nothing, still endless boot. So what gives? Big Monday? Meaning how many jailbroken ipads can be bricked? Nice......

Tried doing restore, tried tinyumbrella to pull out of boot etc... there is no redsn0w to try an tethered boot, and old version doesn't allow ipad 3 stuff obviously... Just wondering what else there was to try. I am downloading the ipsw for the ipad 3 just to see if I can load that up, but I doubt it as I keep getting error 1600 over and over.

Default I have a solution
    Would you like to hear my potential solution..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Put it in DFU and restore it on a different computer. Preferably one you have never run any jailbreak related stuff on (especially tiny umbrella).

Ok I'm sorry but I am going to pass out right now - I will provide you with an answer later

Thanks

Lol what are you talking about?
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

i also had the same problem ,cnt restore ,anyone help me pls??

I had same problem in iPod 4g...

I found 2 solutions, I don't know if it'll work for your iPad

When apple logo is there, just press home and on/off buttons for a few seconds, the iPod is off, the turn it on ant instantly start the dfu/recovery process (press the correct buttons at correct time).

Other one is when device restart after these eternal 2 or 3 minutes you'll see a white screen for a "microsecond" it is the exact moment to put it on dfu or recovery. obviously all this with the device connected to pc or Mac. Your pc will recognize the device and then open iTunes to restore it.

One of the problems you will have is that your hosts file is modified so it is not reaching apple, so every time you try to restore your ipad, you will get an error. This is what worked for me after 2 days of trial and error.
    1. Type "gs.apple.com". If cydia shows up, then your hosts file is modified and you will need to remove the ip address. It will look like this " 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". Remove it and hit save.
    2. Before your ipad turns back on, hold the home button and make sure it's connected to a computer.
    3. If you have tiny umbrella, go into advance and make sure to uncheck "set hosts to cydia on exit" or it will modify your hosts IP address again.
    4. Hit restore again through Itunes and it should begin restoring.

Or, if you have mobile substrate installed, hold the volume up button as it boots. This will boot you into safe mode. Open cydia and uninstall the problem package. Reboot.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Or, if you have mobile substrate installed, hold the volume up button as it boots. This will boot you into safe mode. Open cydia and uninstall the problem package. Reboot.
    Cool to know that!

Default host file editing
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    So I have a question now that my ipad 3 is bricked from the Siri install process gdeluxe said would work. How do I get it out
    It's in an endless apple boot. Apple comes on, stays lit for about 2 min, then reboots. Using tinyumbrella to put it into recovery and try to restore does not work. Running into DFU mode does not work.

Oddly during this "apple load load up" you can access files through I-funbox for about 2 min. I deleted all files I could find with siri in them but could not execute them. Also Spire. Nothing, still endless boot. So what gives? Big Monday? Meaning how many jailbroken ipads can be bricked? Nice......

Tried doing restore, tried tinyumbrella to pull out of boot etc... there is no redsn0w to try an tethered boot, and old version doesn't allow ipad 3 stuff obviously... Just wondering what else there was to try. I am downloading the ipsw for the ipad 3 just to see if I can load that up, but I doubt it as I keep getting error 1600 over and over.

edit yr host file. delete last two or one lines that include gs.apple.com words. and rstart yr computer. then put yr idevice into recovery or dfu mode.(i treied with recovery mode,everythin ok). then restore using itunes.( shift restore).

Thanks

Just use iReb from ih8sn0w.com to get out of infinite apple boot logo problem.