Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2,4 Jailbreak

Default iPad 2,4 Jailbreak
    Hi guys

Sorry to pester you all, but has anyone heard any news about when the iPad 2,4 will be jailbreakable on 5.1.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Edit: sorry, let me research that.

Edit: Thanks a lot, Id appreciate that!

Thanks

I automatically assumed that was the iPad 3. It isn't right? It's that new iPad 2?

No, there are multiple versions of the iPad 2. Four, to be exact, and the first 3 are supported, but it's just my luck that the fourth is not, this is because the people that worked on the jailbreak could not get their hands on one to add it to to the compatibility list, so until they do, I cannot jailbreak it, so my question is when will they be able to make it compatible?

Thanks

Ok I'm looking at the new Absinthe 2.0.2 and it has added support for the new build of 5.1.1. But no new support for iPad2,4. It is reported that that model will be supported at a later time. So right now, there isn't anything but they're working on it.

I was gutted, because I have anticipated this since the first rumours were released. *sigh*. So, what device do you have, and are you jailbroken?

Thanks

I imagine they released 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 fairly quick, with 2.0.2 adding support for a different build of 5.1.1 so it might be pretty quick for them to dish out support for your iPad model. I mean don't take my word for it, it's just my assumption. Usually when they move pretty quick with these things once they are out.

I have an iPhone 4 CDMA and yes I always jailbreak my devices!

I really do hope you're right! I've been jail broken before, and I sold the device, which I regret now, as a jailbroken idevice is one of the greatest things I know of.

Thanks

I hope I'm right too

I do love a jailbroken iDevice. I don't think I could deal with a stock iPhone, as much as I want to love it as it is lol.

Once you're jailbroken, going back is like returning to a 1 bedroom flat after living in a palace.

Thanks

Lol that's one way to put it. At the beginning stages with a JB device I didn't really utilize it too much, so I think maybe a year ago I would've been able to live with stock, but now my phone is heavily loaded with JB tweaks/apps. There really isn't any going back lol.

Yeah, I was the same. Until I discovered iFile, and tweaks that alter your springboard, SBSettings, ect, oh how I miss it:-(

Thanks

Oh yeah SBSettings and iFile are a must for me. Zephyr is my new discover that I can't imagine not having. But yeah, I really hope they get a new Absinthe version out soon for your iPad model. Maybe you should sell it and buy the new iPad lol.

I wouldn't have enough money lol. I hope so too! What is zephyr?

I might just buy an iPod touch, jailbreak that, and have fun utilising that, but I don't want a new one, and I don't know anyone selling one lol
    Last edited by JackPipe; 05-27-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Zephyr is like another way to multitask. Swipe left or right and brings up the last program ya were in. Instead of double pushing ya home button. Also a swift scroll from the bottom to the top will close out the app.

Thanks

I love zephyr. A must have for me
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Ohhh I see. You get that on iPad as standard, well, the swipe to open last app bit anyway. I bet it's handy for iPhone though! By the way 2k1, you haven't heard anything about my iPad being supported have you bud?

Thanks

I like it to close my apps with swiping up, to close multitask apps, and to swipe left/right to switch between open apps. Definitely an awesome tweak.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JackPipe View Post
    Ohhh I see. You get that on iPad as standard, well, the swipe to open last app bit anyway. I bet it's handy for iPhone though! By the way 2k1, you haven't heard anything about my iPad being supported have you bud?
    Nope nothing yet sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast