Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie help!! IPAD 1 3.2.1 Jailbroken into restore. Stuck at the Apple logo.

Hey there people,

Sorry for what may be the first or millionth post like this... But I bought an ipad 1 running 3.2.1 from my friend.
    I wanted to upgrade to later firmware so I reset the ipad by going into the settings menu instead of itunes.
    I know nothing about jailbreaking and only after it turned into a brick that I phoned my friend that he told me it was jailbroken... I then read up about it and I'm not best pleased with her but I guess she knows as much as me and I wouldn't have had a clue even if I knew before hand.

So here I am after a whole night of trawling the internet and trying failed methods I'm begging for your help.

Though I knew nothing about Jaillbreaking, the whole night taught me a lot. First thing is I shouldn't have reset the ipad without using itunes. I've seen people on youtube bring them out of the stuck apple logo using redsnow.
    Thing is redsnow doesn't recognize the corresponding software which I downloaded from iphonefirmware.com and others.
    The firmware is 3.2.1 and if I read correctly... redsnow doesn't support 3.2.1 does it?

So long story short....

My newly acquired ipad 1 32gb wifi fm 3.2.1 is stuck at the apple logo... It was a nice few days while it lasted! But HELP!

Lucius

Oh yeah... I've tried dfu mode into itunes but I get the error 21 after itunes verifies with it's servers.
    Last edited by luciusfoiegras; 05-05-2012 at 05:47 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You're basically stuck right now. Unless ya somehow managed to have blobs saved, you're gonna have to update to 5.1. You can't get to 5.0.1 either since Apple has stopped signing that as well. It's called a boot loop when it's stuck at the Apple logo like that. Make sure your iTunes and Redsn0w are the latest versions and after that try restoring to the iPSW you made. If it doesn't work after that, you will have to restore to iOS 5.1 (No iPSW)
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

sorted! somehow it worked on another computer! Didn't work on windows 7 but fully restored on vista! dunno how, dunno why, but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    You're basically stuck right now. Unless ya somehow managed to have blobs saved, you're gonna have to update to 5.1. You can't get to 5.0.1 either since Apple has stopped signing that as well. It's called a boot loop when it's stuck at the Apple logo like that. Make sure your iTunes and Redsn0w are the latest versions and after that try restoring to the iPSW you made. If it doesn't work after that, you will have to restore to iOS 5.1 (No iPSW)
    Thanks for your reply. All is good now!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Glad ya got it fixed
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

You should be able to upgrade it to 5.0.1, since it was jailbroken on 3.2.1. To do so you need to get TinyUmbrella (google for it) and plug your iPad in and click "Save SHSH". If you don't see 5.0.1 in the list of blobs, click on the advanced tab and check the box for retrieving blobs from Cydia. From there you would need to download the 5.0.1 firmware IPSW (again, google) and then just check out any YouTube video on how to restore using TinyUmbrella.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix