+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad cydia problem

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey folks, Been having a bit of an issue with my iPad 1 (64gb 3G / wifi) and cydia acting oddly. I'm on 5.0.1 jail broken with redsnow and recent
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iPad cydia problem
    Hey folks,

Been having a bit of an issue with my iPad 1 (64gb 3G / wifi) and cydia acting oddly. I'm on 5.0.1 jail broken with redsnow and recent restore to a stitched shsh custom fw. The problem is this:

When I open cydia it refuses to auto update the packages and load any changes. It used to do this when I opened the cydia app (previous jailbreak). When I open any of the repos in cydia they're all empty. I can get it to load by going into changes (also empty) and hitting refresh. I know this doesn't sound like a lot but I'm used to cydia functionality doing this automatically. And it's freshly jail broken and restored. No apps / tweaks yet. Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you try to "setup as new" in iTunes after the restore? I don't know that it will change anything, it's just a thought.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yep, I always set up as new. I dont want all the crap from my old backups on my lovely fresh jailbreak! thanks for the reply tho