Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could an iPad be made to operate on Metro PCS

Default Could an iPad be made to operate on Metro PCS
    I have a small business and see the need for a tablet but I do not want to leave Metro to use one. I have not purchased yet. Is there a specific model that would be easier to make work if any even will?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

What is Metro PCS ?

It's a smaller cell phone carrier based in the U.S. I don't think they are up in Canada though. It's mostly to the northern part of the U.S. though, we have many Metro PCS places near me.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

MetroPCS uses CDMA tech for their phones, so I would imagine a Verizon flavor iPad *might* work. It might work for 3G (or it might not work at all for that carrier), but I don't know for sure, and I do not want to give out bad advice. Also, you don't have to leave MetroPCS in order to get an iPad. You can get either version (AT&T or Verizon), depending on who has better coverage in your area, and still have your phone and be just fine.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 04-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix