Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbreaking an iPad 2 5.1 Tethered or untethered?

  1. #1
    Default Jailbreaking an iPad 2 5.1 Tethered or untethered?
    Is it possible to jailbreak an iPad 2 at all? I see the possibility of jailbreaking tethered and untethered. By my understanding, the only difference between the two is that if my iPad dies, the only way I'll be able to power it on again is while connected to my computer. Considering I usually charge it before it fully dies on most days, tethered jailbreaks aren't too big of an inconvenience for me... I don't think. (Does anybody see any flaw in my logic? I want to jailbreak pretty bad.)

    So my question is, are there any good tethered jailbreaks for 5.1?

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Theres no jailbreak for ipad 2 5.1
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by skibxskatic View Post
    Is it possible to jailbreak an iPad 2 at all? I see the possibility of jailbreaking tethered and untethered. By my understanding, the only difference between the two is that if my iPad dies, the only way I'll be able to power it on again is while connected to my computer. Considering I usually charge it before it fully dies on most days, tethered jailbreaks aren't too big of an inconvenience for me... I don't think. (Does anybody see any flaw in my logic? I want to jailbreak pretty bad.)

    So my question is, are there any good tethered jailbreaks for 5.1?
    No such thing yet bro. Hopefully there should be on soon but don't get your hopes too high.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    No such thing yet bro. Hopefully there should be on soon but don't get your hopes too high.
    Yes there is. It was jailbroke the day the new iPad came out. They just have not released it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    Yes there is. It was jailbroke the day the new iPad came out. They just have not released it.
    That doesn't count since it's not released to the public yet. We're talking about an iPad 2 5.1 jailbreak in general. There is no jailbreak for the public.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  6. #6
    I've seen this topic... Hope some of you (at least one of you) had tried it...

    http://www.limera1n.cc/2012/04/downg...hout-shsh.html

    I don't dare to jailbreak my ipad2 5.1... If somebody does please give me a tip... Mmm it's just I saw a comment that it doesn't work and blabla...

    Sorry for my bad English -lol-

    Oh... I tried to create a new thread but then the app just crash...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iRockADI View Post
    I've seen this topic... Hope some of you (at least one of you) had tried it...

    Downgrade 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 Without SHSH - Jailbreak 5.1 / 5.0.1 / 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 3, 2 Jailbreak

    I don't dare to jailbreak my ipad2 5.1... If somebody does please give me a tip... Mmm it's just I saw a comment that it doesn't work and blabla...

    Sorry for my bad English -lol-

    Oh... I tried to create a new thread but then the app just crash...
    Cross posting on here does NOT help you get replies. Please refrain from it as it is considered spam and it will get you removed from ModMyi.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    It's fine Just play by the rules lol
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  10. #10
    but... does anybody know if the limera1n works or not? I Just want to jailbreak (((

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    No it doesnt
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by skibxskatic View Post
    but... does anybody know if the limera1n works or not? I Just want to jailbreak (((
    Nope, sorry
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •